Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

50 years of Apple Cups

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,512 Founders Club
That's pretty much what I have seen. I was 12 in 1968 so I was paying attention. I have memories of earlier Husky games like the 64 Rose Bowl but 50 is a round number

Overall UW leads 72-32 pretty much a 70% win percentage right there. Oklahoma is over 81% against Okie State.

The last 50 is 35-15 UW. Well that's 70% too. Eight in a row is the magic number. Never been beyond that. Yes, UW had won 8 in a row as Chuck Nelson stepped up to kick the field goal.

Out of the 15 WSU had won. Bledsoe and Leaf each got one. WSU won 4 out of 5 during the dark decade that brought in this century. That's six of their wins right there. Rosenbaugh got one as did Jack Thompson. That's 8

With a NFL QB or a horrible Husky team the Cuogs have a shot. This year they have the QB and while UW doesn't suck they are shaky to be kind.

Which is my theme this year - UW doesn't ALWAYS win the Apple Cup. A lot but not always. If they are going to drop one this is one they would drop. The myth of WSU being more dangerous when they suck is not entirely true although the Chuck Nelson game is an origin for that myth,

Generally WSU wins when they are better or have a superior QB.

Like 3 out of 10 over a century

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Herm certainly does.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    edited November 2018

NOC

Hope your dad is doing worse

That's like the meanest thing I've ever heard

Not cool bro
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    CUOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOC

Not cool bro
    You think that's mean, ask @Sledog and @SFGbob how they feel about black people, especially black teenage boys who dare to leave their houses at night and walk outside w/o a permit. They'll rearrange your perspective and make you Tuff!

NOC

Not cool bro
    You think that's mean, ask @Sledog and @SFGbob how they feel about black people, especially black teenage boys who dare to leave their houses at night and walk outside w/o a permit. They'll rearrange your perspective and make you Tuff!
    Just trying to lighten the mood Race. Lighten up Francis. Your WTF finger must have a water blister by now.

dflea said:

I'm looking for some double-or-nothing action from creep on the AC this year.

He stupidly bet on the Coogs last year, and chances are, he's not any smarter than he was last season, so I think I can get him to do it again.

Creep? You in?

CUOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

dflea said:

I'm looking for some double-or-nothing action from creep on the AC this year.

He stupidly bet on the Coogs last year, and chances are, he's not any smarter than he was last season, so I think I can get him to do it again.

Creep? You in?

CUOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just as I suspected - no smarter than last year.

It's on then.

If the Coogs win, which they won't, you get nothing. If the Coogs lose, which they will, I may actually think about collecting on the bet.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,138 Standard Supporter

NOC

Not cool bro
    Cuogs think self defense is illegal. Only way they can get laid.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,138 Standard Supporter

That's pretty much what I have seen. I was 12 in 1968 so I was paying attention. I have memories of earlier Husky games like the 64 Rose Bowl but 50 is a round number

Overall UW leads 72-32 pretty much a 70% win percentage right there. Oklahoma is over 81% against Okie State.

The last 50 is 35-15 UW. Well that's 70% too. Eight in a row is the magic number. Never been beyond that. Yes, UW had won 8 in a row as Chuck Nelson stepped up to kick the field goal.

Out of the 15 WSU had won. Bledsoe and Leaf each got one. WSU won 4 out of 5 during the dark decade that brought in this century. That's six of their wins right there. Rosenbaugh got one as did Jack Thompson. That's 8

With a NFL QB or a horrible Husky team the Cuogs have a shot. This year they have the QB and while UW doesn't suck they are shaky to be kind.

Which is my theme this year - UW doesn't ALWAYS win the Apple Cup. A lot but not always. If they are going to drop one this is one they would drop. The myth of WSU being more dangerous when they suck is not entirely true although the Chuck Nelson game is an origin for that myth,

Generally WSU wins when they are better or have a superior QB.

Like 3 out of 10 over a century

Race you're a little older than me.
    Sledog said:

NOC

Not cool bro
    Cuogs think self defense is illegal. Only way they can get laid.
    I rest my case. Mean. Hates black people.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam

NOC

Get off our fucking board then. Jesus
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    That said, coogs will lose one before the AC. Which might be bad for us?