Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maybe I’m on the fence with Pete

Yesterday’s loss was bad, real bad. Taking into account the epic fails each year (see ASU last year), I’m getting concerned. Something is rotten in the program.

3 things need to happen this offseason to restore my faith:

- Gregory needs to go, special teams is a cluster fuck, same with LBs
- Offensive scheme and play calling needs to improve, if that means replacing Hamdan, so be it. Pete needs to step away from the offense
- Jimmy Lake can’t DC, we need Kwat back. Jimmy is either a DB coach, or head coach, sucks ass as a DC. I’d rather Jimmy take another gig than keep him as DC, this prevent defense has fucked us all year when we have zero wiggle room with our shit offense

Comments

• Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Yeah, point #3 is debatable. D has kept us in every game. Special teams and offense are the problems.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

In fairness we are #1 in scoring defense in the conference and #2 barely behind Utah in yards per play. The D has done its jerb.

The defense is at the bottom of our list of issues but it definitely looks a lot pussier than it did the last 2 years.
    Has the D cost us a game this year ? Nope. Giving up 27 to Oregon should have been good enough.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Something has to change to be sure.

The losses to Auburn and Oregon are “reasonable,” but this game was an abject and utter failure by Pete.

Figure it out Pete.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,261
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah, the D issues have to do with personnel, which had to do with recruiting, which will take a few years to sort out.

Other than that, burn the program down.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Yeah, the D issues have to do with personnel, which had to do with recruiting, which will take a few years to sort out.

Pretty much this. The D is solid, but not spectacular, because of recruiting misses here and there in the front 7 the last two years forever.

Special teams is a down syndrome baby trying to play chess.

Offense is a wombat trying to paint a Van Gogh.

Both hilarious and pitiful, all at the same time.
  • Options
    spudenspuden Member Posts: 353
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Agree for the most part on D being good and doing it’s job. It’s not as fun to watch as an attacking defense, but it’s effective and reflects a good job of coaches putting the players in the best position possible to succeed within the personnel limitations available to Lake/Kwai. One small caveat is they couldn’t get the needed three and out at the end of the game last night. Would have been nice to at least force a punt with two minutes to go.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    3 points in 52 minutes versus CAL.

Fucking CAL.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

spuden said:

Agree for the most part on D being good and doing it’s job. It’s not as fun to watch as an attacking defense, but it’s effective and reflects a good job of coaches putting the players in the best position possible to succeed within the personnel limitations available to Lake/Kwai. One small caveat is they couldn’t get the needed three and out at the end of the game last night. Would have been nice to at least force a punt with two minutes to go.

It would have been nice, but they held Cal deep in their own territory two drives in a row before that. They did their job. At some point Pete, Hamdan and our fucking loser QB need to put on big boy pants and go win a fucking ball game.
    Peter purple helmets > big boy pants. Losing football games, like stats, is for losers.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Yesterday’s loss was bad, real bad. Taking into account the epic fails each year (see ASU last year), I’m getting concerned. Something is rotten in the program.

3 things need to happen this offseason to restore my faith:

- Gregory needs to go, special teams is a cluster fuck, same with LBs
    - Offensive scheme and play calling needs to improve, if that means replacing Hamdan, so be it. Pete needs to step away from the offense
    - Jimmy Lake can’t DC, we need Kwat back. Jimmy is either a DB coach, or head coach, sucks ass as a DC. I’d rather Jimmy take another gig than keep him as DC, this prevent defense has fucked us all year when we have zero wiggle room with our shit offense

Gregory should be on the hot seat ... I'm afraid that an uptick in recruiting combined with BBK's play this year saves him for another year.

I'm a jury is still out on Hamdan as there are a lot of offensive issues with this team that are deeper than play calling. That being said, there are some tendencies that he has that are fairly obvious and he needs to spend the offseason being a little self-aware of this and find ways to create breaks in them leading into next year.

The Lake can't DC argument is beyond FS ... there are some defensive issues that I've got (some people and some scheme) ... but the reality is that the performance is going to be largely the same whether Lake or Kwat was the DC this year
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

Pretty much this. The D is solid, but not spectacular, because of recruiting misses here and there in the front 7 the last two years forever.

Special teams is a down syndrome baby trying to play chess.

Offense is a wombat trying to paint a Van GoghPicasso.

Both hilarious and pitiful, all at the same time.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I thought the painting was OF a wombat?!

Are you saying the finger tat chick WAS a wombat?

WHY DO YOU ONLY DATE ANIMALS
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lake sucks. HTH

Cal adjusted on D.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Lake sucks. HTH

Maybe your worst post ever
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In your heart you know I'm right