Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OREGON SITUATION REVEALS HORRIBLE TRUTH ABOUT HUSKY FANS

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited June 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageOREGON SITUATION REVEALS HORRIBLE TRUTH ABOUT HUSKY FANS

Husky fans need to ask themselves what's more important: Continuing to wallow in the little brother syndrome? Or a return to championship football?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you're just here to beat up Husky fans you won't last long
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    It would have been fine if you had just said that these fans deserve another 0-12.

I don't need a commission for that one.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

imageOREGON SITUATION REVEALS HORRIBLE TRUTH ABOUT HUSKY FANS

Husky fans need to ask themselves what's more important: Continuing to wallow in the little brother syndrome? Or a return to championship football?

Read the full story here

Not your best effort.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,258
    Founders Club
    I hope Hou Husky will be able to write for us on a semi-regular schedule come football season
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    This sanction ordeal is a black eye on the face of the UW football program, not because it included UW but because it didn’t.

BlackEyeForOregon!!!!! True???
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    It will be interesting to see if I continue to write more once the season starts. If not, it will be interesting
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I didn't need to ready that spanking of the ass line.....
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

tl; dr

disagree. It was a well thought out post, if not boarderline classy.

I agree with most of the post. Also, It touchs on why I still have my tickets(bseides hating money). Traditon, "we've always had them", Crisp Fall afternoons with Dad, etc.

Good post Tailgater!! Don't let the haters get you down!!
  • Options
    TacduckTacduck Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Great article and so true. Consider: I've heard many, many Husky fans talk about how great the Nebraska fans were when the UW went back and beat them on their own turf. How the fans gave them a standing O after the game. I'm not suggesting that would ever happen in Eugene or Seattle at an Oregon/Washington game, but what is clear is the most vocal Husky fans in area and in the media have acted disgracefully and with a behavior ruled only by jealousy. The Q I ask my Husky friends, why don't you recruit any OL and RB's? This year you will have no less than 4 QB with at least a 4 Star rating, how many 4 star OL will you have? That's a huge problem. The other huge problem is the AD. The guys an idiot.

Finally I would add that unless you're USC, Alabama or tOSU, running the pro set offense is difficult to play with the big boys. It requires that you "out talent" the opponent at nearly every position. Safe to say UW sits around 4-8 in the Pac 12 talent scale. The HC was the OC operating the offense loaded with 5 stars, not much innovation required.
  • Options
    Tacduck said:

Great article and so true. Consider: I've heard many, many Husky fans talk about how great the Nebraska fans were when the UW went back and beat them on their own turf. How the fans gave them a standing O after the game. I'm not suggesting that would ever happen in Eugene or Seattle at an Oregon/Washington game, but what is clear is the most vocal Husky fans in area and in the media have acted disgracefully and with a behavior ruled only by jealousy. The Q I ask my Husky friends, why don't you recruit any OL and RB's? This year you will have no less than 4 QB with at least a 4 Star rating, how many 4 star OL will you have? That's a huge problem. The other huge problem is the AD. The guys an idiot.

Finally I would add that unless you're USC, Alabama or tOSU, running the pro set offense is difficult to play with the big boys. It requires that you "out talent" the opponent at nearly every position. Safe to say UW sits around 4-8 in the Pac 12 talent scale. The HC was the OC operating the offense loaded with 5 stars, not much innovation required.

It all started with one fateful appearance by a fatass at a Seattle Bowl (RIP) practice...
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

tl; dr

I know, but it's something I've wanted to say with regard to the Oregon obsession....... blame DJ, please.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tacduck said:

It all started with one fateful appearance by a fatass at a Seattle Bowl (RIP) practice...
    um...no it didn't. If you want to get into a pissing match and take the gloves off about bad fan behavior over the last 50 years, let's do it, let's roll.

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tacduck said:

Its not that they arent trying to recruit lineman, its that Sark has no credibility with OL. If you are an OL, you'd first want to play for UO, Stanford, UCLA and Arizona.

They had great success only one year and unfortunately some of the best guys got hurt and there is no depth.

DL recruiting was a complete disaster until the new staff came along. Last years DL class was very very good even after they lost Hooks and Hall. But it wont get any better unless they win 9+ this year.
  • Options

Tacduck said:

um...no it didn't. If you want to get into a pissing match and take the gloves off about bad fan behavior over the last 50 years, let's do it, let's roll.

The rivalry started long before the Seattle Bowl.

The Seattle Bowl was just the first admission that Oregon was the big brother and that Huskie fans were little bitch Doogs.

HTH
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tacduck said:

The rivalry started long before the Seattle Bowl.

The Seattle Bowl was just the first admission that Oregon was the big brother and that Huskie fans were little bitch Doogs.

HTH
    Yes, that did help. Thank you.