Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Premium Partner Interview with Musberger

CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Per Bob talks with Brent Musberger about UW and the Vegas Bowl. A couple gems from the article:

But Steve Sarkisian is a very popular figure with media people so we have pulled for them to make that next step up and compete for that Pac-12 championship.

But can he coach? Can he win more than 7 games in a season?

I think we enter into this game with a few question marks about the Huskies and what level they are playing at right now.

4 years of Bark for Sark and people still have question marks about the program. Hmm, I think that's sign # 489 that you might've hired the wrong coach.

So it starts with recruiting and the head coach — once you get those established then you go from there.

No shit Brent. Thanks for pointing that out and because you did, I'll say that UW even with Tyrone had some decently rated recruiting classes but everything starts and ends with the head coach. He dictates the culture and right now UW has a soft football coach. I guess teams really do take on the personality of the head coach.

Their defensive line has been over the last decade one of the best in all of college football. They have been able to get pressure up the middle

Obviously, Musberger isn't talking about UW here but I'd like to point out that Musberger only has half the formula. Sven's $20 to anyone who correctly identifies the missing half.

So we all have questions about the Huskies right now and we’ll see what they come up with against Boise State.

Musberger closes the interview with the questions comment about UW. Sign # 489.

blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/2012/12/18/some-thoughts-on-the-las-vegas-bowl-from-brent-musberger/

Comments