Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,834
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

If he does come back, he is dumb AF. Early signs of CTE?
    Beyond DAF. You don't turn down first round money in exchange for a few handies from Oregon hoes cheerleaders. That's fucking stupid.

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    “Several of the top agencies generally in line to represent such talents are becoming pessimistic about him entering the draft”

Currently: Herbert to agents: leave me and my family alone.
    Dec 1, 2018 - Jan 31, 2019: Herbert and family pick an agency, followed by Herbert’s announcement that he will enter the 2019 draft.

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You guys lose 5 off a defense that has given up 31 a game so far in Pac 12 play. Oregon loses 4-5 games next year. Herbert should go pro before he turns into Matt Barkley.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mike's not a quook at all.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Mike's not a quook troll at all.

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This same kinda stuff was floating around about Darnold this time last year. All for clicks
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bryce Love could tell him all about the lucrative benefit of NFL prospects returning to college for their senior year

Matt Leinart, Matt Barkley, Jack Lockner, etc...
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405

You guys lose 5 off a defense that has given up 31 a game so far in Pac 12 play. Oregon loses 4-5 games next year. Herbert should go pro before he turns into Matt Barkley.
    haie said:

Mike's not a quook at all.

Jesus
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He was always likely to come back. He is a physical freak unlike Leinart and Barkley. His draft stock won't be effected in the least.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,834
    Mosster47 said:

He was always likely to come back. He is a physical freak unlike Leinart and Barkley. His draft stock won't be effected in the least.

Until he blows his ACL.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Mosster47 said:

Until he blows his ACL.

Not even a major injury anymore.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like Herburd doesn't want to take a pay cut by leaving
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited October 2018
    Time to move on from Herbert. He can go ahead and go to the NFL. He's good but not good enough to be a leader. He's no MM, that's for sure. Having a Heisman caliber QB is the only way this team will ever get back to where it wants to be. Herbert played piss poor the last two games and I think he's reached his ceiling. Not sure how much of that is on him, but he's been severely under performing lately for a supposed first round draft pick.

Fire the OC if he continues dialing up a bunch of stupid deep balls instead of easier completion opportunities for first downs. Fire Leavitt if he doesn't start doing his job and earning his paycheck. I saw ZERO first half adjustments from him. Even after going down 27-0. That's a fire-able offense.

The entire performance disgusted me from top to bottom, both on offense and defense, and made me embarrassed to be a fan of this team. I saw absolutely nothing to convince me that any of the remaining games on the schedule are lockdown wins. I think we lose to Utah and UCLA. The team earned an F- for that performance. The comeback attempt doesn't matter, the game was lost in the first half. Cristobal and staff just earned strike two. All in conference games should be played with a level of competence that ensures at least a close game, even when playing against superior competition. First half blowouts like that don't happen to well coached teams. If I see anything even close to that happening ever again under Cristobal, he will lose all support.

The Stanford game seemed fluke-ish, not so much anymore. Seems to be a recurring theme of this team just being unable to play 4 quarters of football, EVER. Not once have they done it this season. Not even once.

If he embarasses us next year against Auburn; if he embarasses us again this year, it's over.

Either be a consistently good to great team, or be an incompetent team of losers. One or the other. Anything is better than being both at the same time.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855

Time to move on from Herbert. He can go ahead and go to the NFL. He's good but not good enough to be a leader. He's no MM, that's for sure. Having a Heisman caliber QB is the only way this team will ever get back to where it wants to be. Herbert played piss poor the last two games and I think he's reached his ceiling. Not sure how much of that is on him, but he's been severely under performing lately for a supposed first round draft pick.

Fire the OC if he continues dialing up a bunch of stupid deep balls instead of easier completion opportunities for first downs. Fire Leavitt if he doesn't start doing his job and earning his paycheck. I saw ZERO first half adjustments from him. Even after going down 27-0. That's a fire-able offense.

The entire performance disgusted me from top to bottom, both on offense and defense, and made me embarrassed to be a fan of this team. I saw absolutely nothing to convince me that any of the remaining games on the schedule are lockdown wins. I think we lose to Utah and UCLA. The team earned an F- for that performance. The comeback attempt doesn't matter, the game was lost in the first half. Cristobal and staff just earned strike two. All in conference games should be played with a level of competence that ensures at least a close game, even when playing against superior competition. First half blowouts like that don't happen to well coached teams. If I see anything even close to that happening ever again under Cristobal, he will lose all support.

The Stanford game seemed fluke-ish, not so much anymore. Seems to be a recurring theme of this team just being unable to play 4 quarters of football, EVER. Not once have they done it this season. Not even once.

If he embarasses us next year against Auburn; if he embarasses us again this year, it's over.

Either be a consistently good to great team, or be an incompetent team of losers. One or the other. Anything is better than being both at the same time.

Is burmeister reading?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Bryce Love could tell him all about the lucrative benefit of NFL prospects returning to college for their senior year

Matt Leinart, Matt Barkley, Jack Lockner, etc...
    Chuck Long wants his Free Pub, too!