Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Maninoa Tufono, 4* LB 2019, Punahou HS, HI (Offered)

Comments

• whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Only explanation is that the kid is nursing an injury. If SC sees that clip guaranteed they put in a call to his coach to see if he's
    playing on a bad wheel. If he's healthy no way they honor his commitment.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I was a Tufono guy but that clip was horrible. Jesus.

It was enough. Ektard was right. He sucks.
    Yeah. I watched it again. And again. He's fucking terrible. Bad reads, no explosion, slow as fuck. Terrible. Gonna be funny when USC pulls his offer and we still don't take him.
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Holeee shit! I run faster then him
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

I don't watch HUDLs at all but can someone explain what made Dennis say "he loves his feet"?
    He just stood there chopping with zero reaction time and just didn't move. My guess is he chose the wrong game to hit the bong before taking the field, because that was as bad as it gets.

His last year tape he looked quicker
  • GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    Doogles said:

I don't watch HUDLs at all but can someone explain what made Dennis say "he loves his feet"?
    He just stood there chopping with zero reaction time and just didn't move. My guess is he chose the wrong game to hit the bong before taking the field, because that was as bad as it gets.

He has a video on the darkweb of him getting a pedicure. Ask Dennis for the link.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

I'm guessing the kid looked like he was going th o be amazing as a freshman and sophomore but then got slow and fat. All the recruiting ranking places had him really high as well. In the last ranking, 247 dropped him like a stone but they had him pretty high before that.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

Doogles said:

I'm guessing the kid looked like he was going th o be amazing as a freshman and sophomore but then got slow and fat. All the recruiting ranking places had him really high as well. In the last ranking, 247 dropped him like a stone but they had him pretty high before that.
    I think he's had an issue with weight. I remember reading an article where he stated he was sitting at 6'1" 245 pounds for a while and was considering making the transition to DL, but ended up growing a few inches and slimming out a bit.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Doogles said:

I think he's had an issue with weight. I remember reading an article where he stated he was sitting at 6'1" 245 pounds for a while and was considering making the transition to DL, but ended up growing a few inches and slimming out a bit.
    perfect, he will be play DT in no time at USC given their summer program
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just decommitted from SC'. They pickin' up someone else instead?
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Signed with SC. Still at 192 in the Composite which is very strong. Dropped to 831 on 247.

Evidence that the Composite is still made up of a bunch more inputs than just 247, Rivals and ESPN. If Rivals and ESPN had him the #1 recruit in the nation (they don't) his Composite would only be 278. His actual ESPN rank is 118 and his Rivals is 143. Which puts his Big 3 Composite at 364.

This is why the Composite is shit. A) It uses obscure rankings B) No one even knows what rankings its uses.

It’s cause there’s so much variance after the top 50-75 players. It’s all a crapshoot.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    Swaye's Wigwam

Signed with SC. Still at 192 in the Composite which is very strong. Dropped to 831 on 247.

Evidence that the Composite is still made up of a bunch more inputs than just 247, Rivals and ESPN. If Rivals and ESPN had him the #1 recruit in the nation (they don't) his Composite would only be 278. His actual ESPN rank is 118 and his Rivals is 143. Which puts his Big 3 Composite at 364.

This is why the Composite is shit. A. It uses obscure rankings B. No one even knows which obscure rankings its uses.

It could be those three but weighted so that high variance data is diminished.

In other words, keep two drop the third if they disagree.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

This is why the Composite is shit. A. It uses obscure rankings B. No one even knows which obscure rankings its uses.

It could be those three but weighted so that high variance data is diminished.

In other words, keep two drop the third if they disagree.
    That would a) make no sense with so few inputs (IMO) b) put his Comp at 131 if they dropped the 247 score.

Now if they weighted the outlier score somewhere between 0 and 1 somehow then I guess that would work but that seems highly unlikely.

I think they just use a lot more ranks.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Domicillo said:

Sounds like they aren't getting an average rank, but instead creating a composite score or rating for each player and then ranking those players by that score highest to lowest. https://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-Rating-Explanation-81574/

"The 247Sports Composite Rating is a proprietary algorithm that compiles prospect "rankings" and "ratings" listed in the public domain by the major media recruiting services. It converts average industry ranks and ratings into a linear composite index capping at 1.0000, which indicates a consensus No. 1 prospect across all services...."

"All major media services share an equal percentage in the 247Sports Composite Rating...."

"The composite index equally weights this percentage among the services that participate in a ranking for that specific prospect...."

IOW, it's all bullshit