Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tax cuts decrease the deficit

2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
edited October 2018 in Tug Tavern
You all were right.

Those claims date back to Trump's 2016 presidential campaign. He first proposed a $10 trillion tax cut far larger than any Republican rival's, but insisted it wouldn't boost the federal budget deficit even temporarily because the economy would "take off like a rocket ship."

"Not only will this tax plan pay for itself, but it will pay down debt," Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin asserted as Congress debated the Trump tax cut. Mnuchin named two factors — increased economic growth and reduced corporate tax avoidance — that would offset revenue losses from lower rates.

"The years when we increased deficits are years when the economy is slowing down," said Gary Cohn, then director of the National Economic Council. He explained lower rates would lead corporations to shift taxable operations back to the U.S. from abroad.

House and Senate leaders used those arguments to reassure Republican holdouts. "We're right there in the sweet spot with economic growth that gives us more revenue," Speaker Paul Ryan declared.

"We fully anticipate," said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, "this tax proposal in the end to be revenue neutral for the government if not a revenue generator."

A few skeptics worried anyway. Calling debt "the greatest threat to our nation," Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee vowed to oppose it "if it looks like to me … that we are adding one penny to the deficit."

Even as growth has accelerated, the Treasury reported that the 2018 deficit swelled to $779 billion. That level, the highest in six years, marks a 17 percent increase over 2017.

Federal spending as a share of the economy fell. But revenue fell even more, with corporate tax receipts plummeting 31 percent. The Congressional Budget Office forecasts deficits hitting $981 billion in 2019 and exceeding $1 trillion every year after that.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/numbers-trump-apos-tax-cut-184400524.html

Comments

• HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,964
    Federal revenues rose over the previous year. Spending rose even more.

Keep lying.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Keep lying.

Care to post a link? Refute the facts I posted.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,640 Founders Club
    I wonder if spending effects this

Democrats will raise your taxes and spending

Blue Wave 18

I wonder if spending effects this

Democrats will raise your taxes and spending

Blue Wave 18

It's like there's two sides of the equation. Spending and revenue. Trump and Congress fucked both up in the last year. HTH
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,640 Founders Club
    Sure

And democrats want to do worse while raising my taxes along with it

Good job shill
    edited October 2018
    2001400ex said:

Keep lying.

What I said is absolutely true. Its numbers posted by the govt themselves...don't blame me that you are the moron that can't find them and need some idiot from "Yahoo News" to think for you.

And it doesn't mean the deficit didn't go up. If Govt revenues went up, but spending went up more that kinda means (for the non HondoFS of the world) that the deficit went up.

God you are a moron, and a lying one at that.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Trump directed a 5% budget cut in all departments except defense.

Hondo to cheer Trumps decisive action in 5...4...3...2...

2001400ex said:

Keep lying.

What I said is absolutely true. Its numbers posted by the govt themselves...don't blame me that you are the moron that can't find them and need some idiot from "Yahoo News" to think for you.

And it doesn't mean the deficit didn't go up. If Govt revenues went up, but spending went up more that kinda means (for the non HondoFS of the world) that the deficit went up.

Post a link then. Should be easy to support your story. Like you said, it's government numbers.

Trump directed a 5% budget cut in all departments except defense.

Hondo to cheer Trumps decisive action in 5...4...3...2...

Link?
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Keep lying.

Post a link then. Should be easy to support your story. Like you said, it's government numbers.
    Go find them yourself moron...

I'll poast them, but I need something for it. How about you either voluntarily taking a week break from spamming the board or finally pay Derek for your spamming. Too chicken to agree?

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Keep lying.

I'll poast them, but I need something for it. How about you either voluntarily taking a week break from spamming the board or finally pay Derek for your spamming. Too chicken to agree?

El oh El. You need something to prove you aren't a liar. Pussy.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    edited October 2018
    You’ve heard the naysayers on the Trump administration’s Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.

Deficit hawks and Democrats alike have said the tax cuts would explode the deficit.

Yet, according to Investor’s Business Daily, individual income taxes rose 6 percent in the just-finished fiscal year for 2018 while the economy continues to grow.

https://moneyandmarkets.com/trump-tax-cuts-federal-revenue-record/
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Keep lying.

El oh El. You need something to prove you aren't a liar. Pussy.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Too scared to agree, eh? Figures.

I'll add to it...if I'm wrong I'll stay off the bored for a week. According to HondoFS logic I'm the liar because HondoFS disagrees with published govt data, and is too scared to either pay Derek or quit spamming the bored for a week. BRILLIANT.

HondoFS...

Deficit hawks and Democrats alike have said the tax cuts would explode the deficit.

Yet, according to Investor’s Business Daily, individual income taxes rose 6 percent in the just-finished fiscal year for 2018 while the economy continues to grow.

This is how dumb fucksticks like you are. Was individual income taxes the only thing cut? And 5 months out of the individual income tax year were under the old tax structure. October 17 through January 18 and April of 18.

But keep being fucktarded.
    2001400ex said:

This is how dumb fucksticks like you are. Was individual income taxes the only thing cut? And 5 months out of the individual income tax year were under the old tax structure. October 17 through January 18 and April of 18.

And unemployment is down, which means SS and Medicare taxes are up. Look at the overall net revenue. Its a simple fact overall revenues are up over the previous year...you putting your fingers in your ears and screaming like Dustin doesn't change that simple fact...

2001400ex said:

And unemployment is down, which means SS and Medicare taxes are up. Look at the overall net revenue. Its a simple fact overall revenues are up over the previous year...you putting your fingers in your ears and screaming like Dustin doesn't change that simple fact...
    September 18 isn't on this report yet. Notice a trend?

photo F5155BC1-E44F-4759-8F36-19F0B641C0C7_zpssdprxt4b.png
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Still too scared to agree, eh? Figures.

Still haven't seen you post a link. Shocking.
    2001400ex said:

I'll post multiple links if you want...all you have to do is say the simple words "I agree".

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    2001400ex said:

STFU already. Idiot. https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/trump-tax-cuts-federal-revenues-deficits/