Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UCLA Most Improved Team in the Country

From Weeks 1-3 to now. Chip can still coach.

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    They are playing Cal

Even Arizona beat Cal
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

They are playing Cal

Even Arizona beat Cal

Beat Cal on the road by 30...more impressed with their game last week against UW to be honest. Did you watch them early on? They were one of the 10 worst teams in the country vs Cincy and Fresno
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Everyone is talking about how much better Justin Wilcox's 5-7 is better than Sonny Dykes' 5-7.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

Everyone is talking about how much better Justin Wilcox's 5-7 is better than Sonny Dykes' 5-7.

I laffed. Good one
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

I know your being sarkastic but Dykes would have coached last year's team to 2-10 or 3-9. Sonny knew he had no QB so he looked for other jerbs, and we? fired him for it. Had he stayed, we? would have fired him for being the shit coach that he was. Wilcox not looking very good right now, but Sonny didn't leave him with much to work with. He was hired a few weeks before signing day 2017 so he's only had one recruiting cycle; for better or worse he'll get another one or two years to get his guys in there
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,442
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BearsWiin said:

Mosster47 said:

I know your being sarkastic but Dykes would have coached last year's team to 2-10 or 3-9. Sonny knew he had no QB so he looked for other jerbs, and we? fired him for it. Had he stayed, we? would have fired him for being the shit coach that he was. Wilcox not looking very good right now, but Sonny didn't leave him with much to work with. He was hired a few weeks before signing day 2017 so he's only had one recruiting cycle; for better or worse he'll get another one or two years to get his guys in there
    Glad to hear Cal won't care about football for a few more years at the earliest
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Take it easy. It was one win vs a shitty team.
  • Options
    KoolAidManKoolAidMan Member Posts: 319
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    edited October 2018
    UCLA dominated Cal in every phase of the game after kicking half the players off the team, having no one on offensive line with a d-lineman playing center, and a walk-on running back scoring 3 TD’s and looking like a future Heisman candidate. Chip can still coach.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

UCLA dominated Cal in every phase of the game after kicking half the players off the team, having no one on offensive line with a d-lineman playing center, and a walk-on running back scoring 3 TD’s and looking like a future Heisman candidate. Chip can still coach.

This. Anyone who's shitting on this post didn't watch UCLA-Cincy or UCLA-Fresno. They looked like a D3 team.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    BearsWiin said:

Mosster47 said:

I stopped reading as soon as I realized you were trying to justify 5-7.

Cal is Cal. Accept it and find a new hobby. 1960 was your last good season, yes?
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

BearsWiin said:

Mosster47 said:

I stopped reading as soon as I realized you were trying to justify 5-7.

Cal is Cal. Accept it and find a new hobby. 1960 was your last good season, yes?
    I wasn't, and it's pretty clear that you read the whole fucking thing
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    If UCLA wins out, they will be in the pac 12 championship game. That scenario only requires them to beat 1 currently ranked team (Oregon)