Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

we've just rejuvenated Oregon football... again

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Peterman said:

ntxduck said:

It could be that this is the spark that "rejuvenates" Oregon, but not likely. To me, this was much more like the Sark wins over SC and Stanford. Oregon won because of UWs fuckups. Cristobal didnt all of a sudden become a non-mediocre coach because of this game.

LOL. jesus fucking christ
    So you think an overtime win at home coming off a bye solidifies Cristibal as a great coach?
    This. The quooks are ready to give Cristobal a lifetime extension because UW missed a field goal. I say do it.
    You just compared your own team (UW) to an 8 win USC team that played in the fucking Emerald Bowl.

That's a great place to be in year 5 of Coach Pete.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2018
    ntxduck said:

Peterman said:

ntxduck said:

It could be that this is the spark that "rejuvenates" Oregon, but not likely. To me, this was much more like the Sark wins over SC and Stanford. Oregon won because of UWs fuckups. Cristobal didnt all of a sudden become a non-mediocre coach because of this game.

So you think an overtime win at home coming off a bye solidifies Cristibal as a great coach?
    Didn't say that, but Sark beat USC with a backup QB who was so bad he transferred to Richmond (where he didn't even start there) after that game. Same with Sark beating Stanford...he beat backup Josh Nunes.

Saying Oregon won because of UWs fuckups is just hilarious denial. I saw an extremely evenly matched game, between 2 good but not great teams. Almost every fuckup UW fans have been bitching about on here also apply to Oregon (missed FG, poor special teams, poor red zone playcalling...)

Oregon will lose a couple more games this year, and UW will probably lose once more as well. But if I'm a Washington fan, I'm wondering why Cristobal in year 1 is pretty much dead even with CP in year 5.

Put on your cuog helmet loser, losers have losing attitudes, Oregon might not win out, but it definitely won't do it if the players have the same sorry mindset that you do. But I don't think that's the case. They think they can win. Cristobal has them believing in themselves and the program again.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2018
    Peterman said:

ntxduck said:

Kreist. Yes, that's what everyone is saying Sally. It's about as astute as focusing on his bowl record at FIU, and missing the point that nobody at FIU knew what a bowl was until he got there.

It solidified nothing other than all the doog talk that he only recruits overrated 4* and can't coach, is fs. it solidified that the Las Vegas bowl didn't matter because it didn't matter, and it solidifies that he's probably not a clown and that hiring him maybe wasn't so desperate.

Nobody ever said he was the second coming of Lombardi; doog narrative on overdrive today, as expected.

But he inherited a team that absolutely rolled over and quit in the first quarter against its hated rival two years ago, and is on their third coach in as many seasons, and is a series of a couple unfortunate bounces of the ball from being 6-0, and just beat, straight up, a good UW team coached by a very good coach in his 5th year who has his guys in there and whose QB has his reads down.

Does that help?
  • Options
    edited October 2018

You have zero basis on which to make that claim or know if he's mediocre or good, other than what he's done at Oregon. The rest is irrelevant. FIU is irrelevant, notwithstanding he built them into the only bowl game they've ever even seen.

This is a classically doog post. Oregon fucked up too. There were some key drops on 3rd down that would have made things harder on Washington. On UW's last TD pass, UW got away with an obvious hold on the pass rusher who was coming right at Jake, and we all know what happens when Jake has someone bearing down on him. Instead, UW held the guy, Jake was able to buy another 3 or 4 seconds, and lobbed a fly ball at Jones. No holding, that TD probably doesn't happen. UW did not just hand Oregon the game. They ran straight at you with success. They beat you with a mediocre performance from their best player.

Oregon was in a shambles when he took over the program. That he has not progressed that team from the ashes of two coaching transitions, one of them being Helfire who had made the program soft and shitty, is something only a bitter little doog could say.

Doogie Doogie Doog it away.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,519
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You have zero basis on which to make that claim or know if he's mediocre or good, other than what he's done at Oregon. The rest is irrelevant. FIU is irrelevant, notwithstanding he built them into the only bowl game they've ever even seen.

This is a classically doog post. Oregon fucked up too. There were some key drops on 3rd down that would have made things harder on Washington. On UW's last TD pass, UW got away with an obvious hold on the pass rusher who was coming right at Jake, and we all know what happens when Jake has someone baring down on him. Instead, UW held the guy, Jake was able to buy another 3 or 4 seconds, and lobbed a fly ball at Jones. No holding, that TD probably doesn't happen. UW did not just hand Oregon the game. They ran straight at you with success. They beat you with a mediocre performance from their best player.

Oregon was in a shambles when he took over the program. That he has not progressed that team from the ashes of two coaching transitions, one of them being Helfire who had made the program soft and shitty, is something only a bitter little doog could say.

Sounds like UW was lucky to even be in the game...
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Peterman said:

ntxduck said:

Didn't say that, but Sark beat USC with a backup QB who was so bad he transferred to Richmond (where he didn't even start there) after that game. Same with Sark beating Stanford...he beat backup Josh Nunes.

Saying Oregon won because of UWs fuckups is just hilarious denial. I saw an extremely evenly matched game, between 2 good but not great teams. Almost every fuckup UW fans have been bitching about on here also apply to Oregon (missed FG, poor special teams, poor red zone playcalling...)

Oregon will lose a couple more games this year, and UW will probably lose once more as well. But if I'm a Washington fan, I'm wondering why Cristobal in year 1 is pretty much dead even with CP in year 5.

Consult the doog narrative and you'll understand why they aren't wondering any such thing.

You see, Cristo is like Sark. We know that somehow based on the collective data of 5-1 in his first year on the job. A loss next week will confirm this for them.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I'm seeing just as much quooking as dooging if Im being honest
  • Options
    haie said:

This is a classically doog post. Oregon fucked up too. There were some key drops on 3rd down that would have made things harder on Washington. On UW's last TD pass, UW got away with an obvious hold on the pass rusher who was coming right at Jake, and we all know what happens when Jake has someone baring down on him. Instead, UW held the guy, Jake was able to buy another 3 or 4 seconds, and lobbed a fly ball at Jones. No holding, that TD probably doesn't happen. UW did not just hand Oregon the game. They ran straight at you with success. They beat you with a mediocre performance from their best player.

Sounds like you're hungover and changing the subject because you haven't a better response. The box score doesn't lie.

Only a doog reviews the game, focuses on his team's mistakes and bad breaks, and concludes that's the only reason they could have lost. Herbert was average yesterday and there were several key drops, especially in the 4th Quarter that helped set Washington up for that last time-consuming drive. It didn't have to play out that way and maybe it's not down to a field goal for the win.

Oregon lost two starting O linemen and one of their best D linemen too. It wasn't a perfect day for the ducks by any stretch.

But dooging is what we? do on Sundays after a loss I suppose.

Be glad you won't sneak into NY6; facing Bama this year with this Washington team would be a program breaker.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Sounds like you're hungover and changing the subject because you haven't a better response. The box score doesn't lie.

Only a doog reviews the game, focuses on his team's mistakes and bad breaks, and concludes that's the only reason they could have lost. Herbert was average yesterday and there were several key drops, especially in the 4th Quarter that helped set Washington up for that last time-consuming drive. It didn't have to play out that way and maybe it's not down to a field goal for the win.

Oregon lost two starting O linemen and one of their best D linemen too. It wasn't a perfect day for the ducks by any stretch.

Be glad you won't sneak into NY6; facing Bama this year with this Washington team would be a program breaker.
    We were never going to face Bama. Tsio for everyone expecting a title barring a Tua injury.
  • Options
    Peterman said:

You're not being honest. You're being doogy, which is the exactly opposite.

You're bringing in Bob's favorite word, but accurately, with strawman arguments.

Anybody who argues Cristobal hasn't made Oregon much better is working too hard.

Is this his ceiling? I don't know. Neithre does anybody else on this board. LIPO.

If they suck the rest of the way and stumble into a shitty bowl, then sure, maybe he's Sark. First year is first year, but it would indicate he maybe peaked with Washington.

But this idea that Washington didn't show up and Oregon played out of their minds is straight out of the doog playbook.

UW got beat yesterday by a team surprisingly closer to them than I certainly expected them to be.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary

Peterman said:

You're bringing in Bob's favorite word, but accurately, with strawman arguments.

Anybody who argues Cristobal hasn't made Oregon much better is working too hard.

Is this his ceiling? I don't know. Neithre does anybody else on this board. LIPO.

If they suck the rest of the way and stumble into a shitty bowl, then sure, maybe he's Sark. First year is first year, but it would indicate he maybe peaked with Washington.

But this idea that Washington didn't show up and Oregon played out of their minds is straight out of the doog playbook.

UW got beat yesterday by a team surprisingly closer to them than I certainly expected them to be.
    When did I say Oregon played out of their minds? Both teams looked like shit.
    I know you have a hard on for Mario but all I said was this game doesn't mean jack shit. Petersen lost to Todd Graham last year in a similar situation (road game with home team coming off a bye)
  • Options
    Peterman said:

Peterman said:

I know you have a hard on for Mario but all I said was this game doesn't mean jack shit. Petersen lost to Todd Graham last year in a similar situation (road game with home team coming off a bye)
    Call it a hard on, but this place was crowning him Sark #2 with really no evidence. So much doogery; even his recruiting prowess was just hype .

This game does mean jack shit because Washington is a fierce rival that has the best coach in the league, has been the best team in the league, and came in with one loss and was ranked in the top 10.

Especially given where Oregon has been in the very recent past, how can this be anything other than a game that means more than jack shit? Give me a break. It certainly gave me some evidence that he may not be quite the clown that the clowns around here claim him to be.

Do with that what you will.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I knew after Oregon scored at the end of the first half that the game was over and Petersen needs to go. HTH
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,452
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Peterman said:

Peterman said:

Call it a hard on, but this place was crowning him Sark #2 with really no evidence. So much doogery; even his recruiting prowess was just hype .

This game does mean jack shit because Washington is a fierce rival that has the best coach in the league, has been the best team in the league, and came in with one loss and was ranked in the top 10.

Especially given where Oregon has been in the very recent past, how can this be anything other than a game that means more than jack shit? Give me a break. It certainly gave me some evidence that he may not be quite the clown that the clowns around here claim him to be.

He'll probably let you suck his dick if you ask
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Peterman said:

Peterman said:

Who the fuck was dooging you stupid quane.

There's maybe 2 people here that are downplaying Vegas Chrystoball and don't want Pete's overpaid ass gone.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cristobal is better than expected. O still bet he's closer to mediocre than being really good.

I will say Oregon runs the ball and the OL will be emphasized. They are recruiting well too.

I don't think they become the class of the PAC 12. An 8-4, 9-3 type is my guess.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Oregon still hasn't played a complete game. Herbert played lights out against Stanford and Cal for the most part, struggled against UW. Have to give credit to their defense, a good defense usually makes a great offense look a little less great.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oregon still hasn't played a complete game. Herbert played lights out against Stanford and Cal for the most part, struggled against UW. Have to give credit to their defense, a good defense usually makes a great offense look a little less great.

Herbert was facing a good secondary. He's good.

Oregon is going to have a hard time playing a complete game because you aren't a great team.

I'm not talking shit. You're a lot better than I thought you were going to be, but you still have a very flawed team. Same for UW. Both teams have noticeable weaknesses.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Cristobal is better than expected. O still bet he's closer to mediocre than being really good.

I will say Oregon runs the ball and the OL will be emphasized. They are recruiting well too.

I don't think they become the class of the PAC 12. An 8-4, 9-3 type is my guess.

So a coach that recruits better than everyone else and pounds the rock is going to be mediocre?

The Dooging is at epic levels right now.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

Peterman said:

ntxduck said:

Put on your cuog helmet loser, losers have losing attitudes, Oregon might not win out, but it definitely won't do it if the players have the same sorry mindset that you do. But I don't think that's the case. They think they can win. Cristobal has them believing in themselves and the program again.
    Lol at dip shits think fans opinions or “mindset” has anything to do with the players or the outcome of games.