Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

we've just rejuvenated Oregon football... again

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dtd said:

Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Chris Petersen and his staff mismanaged this game so poorly.

Please, Ducks will lose at least one more, starting next week.
    Dont be so sure
    WSU has a defense that isn't shit, is at home off a bye, and has a strength vs weakness matchup with their passing game vs our? pass D. The Pirate will pull out a few draw plays that go for big critical games as well, because fuck it, Oregon's D doesn't take anything away.
    Oregon will run over that defense. Not sure if we stop them though.
    Running 50 times a game for 4 ypc does not a powerful run game make. There is zero creativity in the Oregon offense. 3 yards and a cloud of dust works when you have an actual defense to back it up.
    Do you really think the Cougs hold the Ducks to the same rushing output?
    Oregon rarely breaks big gainers on the ground. Maybe this'll be the week, I dunno. They've clearly raised the floor, Oregon is probably the best short yardage running team in the conference, the TFL % is way down, but they've castrated the high end of the rushing attack. There's no more bust, but there's no more boom.

While UW has clearly played superior competition than WSU, statistically, the rush D's aren't much different. Besides, this is all about their QB sitting in a clean pocket slinging it around the field against our idiots in the back 7.

Oregon's 2 deep in the secondary is: So/Fr, Sr/Fr, So/So, and So/Fr. No fucking way we? win this game. This is why the CHOKE against Stanford is so painful. Losing to WSU is okay, they're built to beat us, it was always going to happen. But now we're fucked because the 2nd conference loss is gonna end the season.
    Aren't we leading the conference in rushing?
    Let's normalize for conference games? Maybe it doesn't matter. I stand by everything I said.

This isn't the same strike fear into your opponents's hearts rushing attack. This is a 3 yards and a cloud of dust rushing attack
    The ZR system wasn't sustainable long term and it got hammered against teams with good D-lines. The minimal blocking stuff will win you games and put up monster numbers against bad teams. Good teams eat that shit up.

The rushing attack now can grind against anyone.
    In a vacuum I don't hate the change, but there is zero creativity. One fly sweep the entire year. One.
    You want more fly sweeps? Is that what you actually wrote?

Fucking FLY SWEEPS???!!11

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Dont be so sure
    WSU has a defense that isn't shit, is at home off a bye, and has a strength vs weakness matchup with their passing game vs our? pass D. The Pirate will pull out a few draw plays that go for big critical games as well, because fuck it, Oregon's D doesn't take anything away.
    Running 50 times a game for 4 ypc does not a powerful run game make. There is zero creativity in the Oregon offense. 3 yards and a cloud of dust works when you have an actual defense to back it up.
    Um that's exactly what it does dumb fuck. It keeps your defense off the field and, when they have to come on, they're more rested. The ability to run without misdirection and 50 other things going on… Just lining up and running the fucking ball and being able to do it successfully even when the defense knows it's coming, is exactly the basis upon which true winning football is built.

I also think you are underestimating Oregon's defense. There are definitely some weaknesses: Graham being the most pronounced. But unlike the last few years, they are able to get stops when they need them.
    No. Winning football is built on fly sweeps
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Dont be so sure
    Oregon rarely breaks big gainers on the ground. Maybe this'll be the week, I dunno. They've clearly raised the floor, Oregon is probably the best short yardage running team in the conference, the TFL % is way down, but they've castrated the high end of the rushing attack. There's no more bust, but there's no more boom.

While UW has clearly played superior competition than WSU, statistically, the rush D's aren't much different. Besides, this is all about their QB sitting in a clean pocket slinging it around the field against our idiots in the back 7.

Oregon's 2 deep in the secondary is: So/Fr, Sr/Fr, So/So, and So/Fr. No fucking way we? win this game. This is why the CHOKE against Stanford is so painful. Losing to WSU is okay, they're built to beat us, it was always going to happen. But now we're fucked because the 2nd conference loss is gonna end the season.
    Let's normalize for conference games? Maybe it doesn't matter. I stand by everything I said.

This isn't the same strike fear into your opponents's hearts rushing attack. This is a 3 yards and a cloud of dust rushing attack
    The ZR system wasn't sustainable long term and it got hammered against teams with good D-lines. The minimal blocking stuff will win you games and put up monster numbers against bad teams. Good teams eat that shit up.

In a vacuum I don't hate the change, but there is zero creativity. One fly sweep the entire year. One.
    Oregon is two plays away from being 6-0. How much more fly sweep to Charles Nelson for negative yards did you need to see?
    2 plays?
    Hanson doesn't sky a snap and CJ doesn't fumble finishing the game. The Ducks are unbeaten and #5 right now.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Dont be so sure

Oregon is two plays away from being 6-0. How much more fly sweep to Charles Nelson for negative yards did you need to see?
    2 plays?
    Hanson doesn't sky a snap and CJ doesn't fumble finishing the game. The Ducks are unbeaten and #5 right now.
    I know. It's one play though, not two.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    PurpleJ said:

I haven't talked to my sister in months and she texts me out of the blue to taunt me. She's married to a jack duck. Fuck me.

fuck her
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,075
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    @Mosster47 Ducks now 6th in the conference in yards per rush.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,075
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Dont be so sure

Yes you fucking dipshit. It's called a constraint play. Look it up. This offense badly needs one. But why run more of the play that went for 16 yards against Stanford, that'd be stupid.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Rejuvenate. They were down for maybe two years. And historically, last year's 7-5 is a good year to many Quooks. We should have beaten them. 2 of 15. Pathetic!!!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2018
    dtd said:

dtd said:

Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Dont be so sure

Yes you fucking dipshit. It's called a constraint play. Look it up. This offense badly needs one. But why run more of the play that went for 16 yards against Stanford, that'd be stupid.
    It's almost like you don't know what you're fucking talking about.

For every time that fly sweeps work for 16 yards, they also work for three or 4 yard losses. It also tells your O line and running backs that you don't believe in them. What Mario is doing is imposing a fundamental belief in his players that they can overpower the guys in front of them. And that psychology is very fucking important.

I used to be a huge dolphins fans surprise surprise. I remember when they drafted Richmond Webb out of Texas A&M. His nickname at A&M was the hammer, because A&M they almost exclusively ran the ball and he was a very big reason they were successful at it. A downfield mauler.

Fast forward five years with the dolphins, who turned him into a premier left tackle, and while he was a pro bowler at protecting Marino's blind side, he was shit as a run blocker. The whole fucking line was. Why? Because at that time it always seemed to make sense to put the game in Marino's hands. So after what Marino did between 83 and 90, Miami was a past first run afterthought team.

But as Marino's physical ability began to deteriorate, the line of coaches who tried to make Miami and winner again appropriately wanted to establish the run, and have Marino be a part of the offense… Not the entire offense.

Nobody could ever fucking do it. Part of that had to do with Marino's attitude about it; and part of it was that they had a team full of probowl pass protectors who could not transition into doing anything to establish the run game.

Your O line will be what you coach them to be. I'm not saying that you can't have some razzle-dazzle and some transition shit in your play selection. But that kind of shit is like crack, and it seems like the more you do it the more you're going to do it. What Mario is doing with Oregon right now takes a lot of fucking discipline and a lot of ability to tune out people just like you. It's no fun to hand the ball off to a running back and see him get stopped for no gain or pick up only one to 3 yards. But the more you do it, the more successful you are at it, and those carries start to turn into 4 to 6 yard runs per clip late in the third and fourth quarters.

Establishing a straight at you running game is still a recipe for winning football. When you have that, you control tempo, you keep your defense off the field and rested, and you take away your opponent's will. There is nothing worse than knowing that you can't stop the other team from gouging you with straight off tackle running place. And what it does to play action pass is nothing short of miraculous.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He's a good coach. He's not Satan, Meyer, or even Franklin or Sweeney. It's year 5.

There is no magic formula about year 5. We won the PAC 12 in year three and went to the playoffs.

We aren't where we want to be, but we're a good program with a chance to get better the next few years.
    Need better players, depth, better coaching, way better qb development, way better special teams.

Try hard 3 star white boys are okay but you can't heavily rely on them
    No question we need all those things. Just saying, the year 5 bullshit was spouted out to protect coaches like Sark and Ty. They needed more time.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It could be that this is the spark that "rejuvenates" Oregon, but not likely. To me, this was much more like the Sark wins over SC and Stanford. Oregon won because of UWs fuckups. Cristobal didnt all of a sudden become a non-mediocre coach because of this game.
  • Options

It could be that this is the spark that "rejuvenates" Oregon, but not likely. To me, this was much more like the Sark wins over SC and Stanford. Oregon won because of UWs fuckups. Cristobal didnt all of a sudden become a non-mediocre coach because of this game.

LOL. jesus fucking christ
  • Options

DPOTD.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ntxduck said:

So you think an overtime win at home coming off a bye solidifies Cristibal as a great coach?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Peterman said:

ntxduck said:

So you think an overtime win at home coming off a bye solidifies Cristibal as a great coach?
    This. The quooks are ready to give Cristobal a lifetime extension because UW missed a field goal. I say do it.
  • Options
    Peterman said:

ntxduck said:

If you have a great coach his program is rolling by year five. That's four full recruiting classes and one salvaged one. All the upperclass players are fully into the culture, the S&C program, etc.

That just got pushed around by year one of a guy who is playing with the recruits of a massively loser coach who was a lazy recruiter and two salvaged recruiting classes.

No one has said Mario is great. We are just damn sure Peterman isnt.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Just to be clear, Peterman the poaster is terrible, Peterman the coach is good but seems to get dragged down by his assistants and by being too stubborn.
  • Options
    Peterman said:

ntxduck said:

Didn't say that, but Sark beat USC with a backup QB who was so bad he transferred to Richmond (where he didn't even start there) after that game. Same with Sark beating Stanford...he beat backup Josh Nunes.

Saying Oregon won because of UWs fuckups is just hilarious denial. I saw an extremely evenly matched game, between 2 good but not great teams. Almost every fuckup UW fans have been bitching about on here also apply to Oregon (missed FG, poor special teams, poor red zone playcalling...)

Oregon will lose a couple more games this year, and UW will probably lose once more as well. But if I'm a Washington fan, I'm wondering why Cristobal in year 1 is pretty much dead even with CP in year 5.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    I think Peterman could get to the title game if he was at Oregon and had the marketing juggernaut that the Oregon brand is behind him, as long as he had some ace recruiters and quality assistants. UW needs to become edgier to compete with UO going forward, but I'm not sure that's possible. The recruits dig the helmets and uniforms.