Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW Doog Bot's Season Wins Probability Distribution Calculator UCLA win Fupdate

UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
The probability of going undefeated in PAC 12 play jumped significantly this week from 27% to 36% while having 1 loss only gained 1%. It is however, still the most likely scenario at 40%. The combined probability of going 8-1 or better is now more than 75% and with a Stanford loss puts UW with a similar probability of winning the PAC 12 North. Most likely, this weeks game against Oregon will be the highest probability of a loss left on the schedule. If UW wins this game the probability of going undefeated in conference will for the first time be greater than the probability of incurring 1 loss.

Don't have the time yet to update PPG. Will try to get to it later this week if I get a chance.

Until then, here are some maff gifs

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Hey what is the probability that UCLA has perfect season
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hmmmm, good question, brb, yo.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UCLA was my top loss possibility

9-0 here we come
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not that likely according to the model. Keep in mind that it won't account for things like teams quitting on games or being desperate for 1 win etc. though. It's purely a game to game % predictor.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That got me thinking and I went ahead and plugged in both Stanford and Oregon's FPI probabilities. TLDR we've already won the North unless we? really manage to screw the pooch here.

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Not that likely according to the model. Keep in mind that it won't account for things like teams quitting on games or being desperate for 1 win etc. though. It's purely a game to game % predictor.
    Wrong kind of perfect season.

That got me thinking and I went ahead and plugged in both Stanford and Oregon's FPI probabilities. TLDR we've already won the North unless we? really manage to screw the pooch here.

What does it look like with just conference games?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Mad_Son said:

Wrong kind of perfect season.
    Yeah, but still perfect right @TierbsHsotBoobs ?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

All OOC games have been played and accounted for so are you asking me to do the basic arithmetic for you?

Stanford 6-3 and Oregon 5-4 most likely scenarios. Both 8-4 overall.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Oregon going 8-4, not going to happen doog.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oregon going 8-4, not going to happen doog.

TUFF talk for someone unwilling to make a bet.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The probability of going undefeated in PAC 12 play jumped significantly this week from 27% to 36% while having 1 loss only gained 1%. It is however, still the most likely scenario at 40%. The combined probability of going 8-1 or better is now more than 75% and with a Stanford loss puts UW with a similar probability of winning the PAC 12 North. Most likely, this weeks game against Oregon will be the highest probability of a loss left on the schedule. If UW wins this game the probability of going undefeated in conference will for the first time be greater than the probability of incurring 1 loss.

Don't have the time yet to update PPG. Will try to get to it later this week if I get a chance.

Appreciate you.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Appreciate you.

Mad_Son said:

All OOC games have been played and accounted for so are you asking me to do the basic arithmetic for you?

Stanford 6-3 and Oregon 5-4 most likely scenarios. Both 8-4 overall.
    Not everyone knows their ooc a priori. You didn't present the relevant information initially, you presented the relevant information with extra irrelevant information. The both 8-4 overall as shown by the graphs highlights my point.