Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting IQ Test: How smart are YOU about recruiting??

Do we need to sign a top-15 class every year if we are going to win a national championship?

Recruiting IQ Test: How smart are YOU about recruiting?? 48 votes

No - I should be at dawgman. For some reason when I watch Bama I think the difference between us and them is schemes and effort.
12%
The_UndertakerEdwin_BambinoRedRocketRealRhinoBlastDoordipwad 6 votes
Yes - I have a brain.
83%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverRaceBannonSwayeAlCzervikHuskyJWMad_SonPassionDennis_DeYoungCokeGreaterThanPepsiTTJExtraChrisB2001400exTequillabiak1HUSKYFANATICSarkinghamhaiehuskyhooliganGreenRiverGatorzsection_332 40 votes
I'm Not Sure - I bought into the bullshit that recruiting wasn't important on HH during the Sark era (b/c it wasn't) and I have a hard time updating my beliefs, plus I watch the NFL a lot and they seem to be able to just replace players via free agency and I expect the same model to happen here even though I have no idea how that would work.
4%
PatHadenFSanimate 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Yes - I have a brain.
    Answer key:

No - You have an IQ of 15 and are a fuckhead.
    Yes - You should be allowed to live. IQ above 115.
    I'm Not Sure - You are the problem. IQ of 100.
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Yes - I have a brain.
    I voted yes, but with a caveat. I believe the coaches have their own internal rankings. I am sure in their own rankings, the recruiting class is top 15.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Yes - I have a brain.
    Crawfish said:

I voted yes, but with a caveat. I believe the coaches have their own internal rankings. I am sure in their own rankings, the recruiting class is top 15.

You want an IP ban, don't you?

THEIR BORED LOOKS LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING TOP PROGRAM'S BORED YOU FUCKING IDIOT. You know who we wanted this year? The same guys that fucking Bama, USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, Stanford and Ohio State wanted. It doesn't take a fucking genius to see that a 6-8, 330 guys that moves like a fucking ballerina is going to be a good player.

We only have ONE player that we offered that didn't have offers from a bunch of other fucking big time schools (Tuputala). SO FUCKING FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHIT. Every top team would take a class like Bamas if they could you idiot.

Are you ready for something that will blow your mind?

If we don't move off our first tier of guys, we will have all 85% 4 and 5 star guys. We don't have a fucking secret formula. We just recruit the same guys everyone else does 80% of the time. Unless they are black then we are skeptical of their OKGness. We seem to need one white parent or at the least foreign parents (preferably from Nigeria).

Is our bored the EXACT SAME as Oregon's? No. Do we mostly overlap? Yes. Do they go harder on some guys and we go harder on others? Yes. Are 95% the guys both of us want as our first choices probably in the top 400 prospects on 247? YES.
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2018
    Yes - I have a brain.

Crawfish said:

THEIR BORED LOOKS LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING TOP PROGRAM'S BORED YOU FUCKING IDIOT. You know who we wanted this year? The same guys that fucking Bama, USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, Stanford and Ohio State wanted. It doesn't take a fucking genius to see that a 6-8, 330 guys that moves like a fucking ballerina is going to be a good player.

We only have ONE player that we offered that didn't have offers from a bunch of other fucking big time schools (Tuputala). SO FUCKING FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHIT. Every top team would take a class like Bamas if they could you idiot.

If we don't move off our first tier of guys, we will have all 85% 4 and 5 star guys. We don't have a fucking secret formula. We just recruit the same guys everyone else does 80% of the time. Unless they are black then we are skeptical of their OKGness. We seem to need one white parent or at the least foreign parents (preferably from Nigeria).

Is our bored the EXACT SAME as Oregon's? No. Do we mostly overlap? Yes. Do they go harder on some guys and we go harder on others? Yes. Are 95% the guys both of us want as our first choices probably in the top 400 prospects on 247? YES.
    I was making fun of what a typical doog would say. ;)
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Yes - I have a brain.

Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

I was making fun of what a typical doog would say. ;)
    I just enjoy yelling. The point still stands though. And fuck you forever for even joking about this shit.

We’re fucked!

We’re fucked!

We’re fucked!

WE’RE FUCKED!

Solid preview of the next Pod.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Yes - I have a brain.
    Invalid pole ... no Janet Reno
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2018
    Yes - I have a brain.
    Yeah, but more 3 stars make it to the NFL than 5 stars. And for those who don’t grasp statistics, that’s pretty significant.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm Not Sure - I bought into the bullshit that recruiting wasn't important on HH during the Sark era (b/c it wasn't) and I have a hard time updating my beliefs, plus I watch the NFL a lot and they seem to be able to just replace players via free agency and I expect the same model to happen here even though I have no idea how that would work.
    I like free agency. It feels so right.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664

Yeah, but more 3 stars make it to the NFL than 5 stars. And for those who don’t grasp statistics, that’s pretty significant.

Is there a whoosh here?
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    No - I should be at dawgman. For some reason when I watch Bama I think the difference between us and them is schemes and effort.
    Give me the high motor 2 star every time baby!!!!
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    Yes - I have a brain.
    animate said:

I like free agency. It feels so right.

Free pub for Bobby Petrino
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yes - I have a brain.
    This one is a yes. If Pete wants to win Nattys, he has to change his formula and get in more raw talent.
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    Pretty sure Stan Emptermann was a 2 star!!!