Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

AREAS OF NEED FOR THE 2019 CLASS

2»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

By the way a dip last year wasn't shocking. The lack of talent at multiple positions this year is an indictment of recruiting

We going to need 2nd year guys to be great next year

Fuck being mediocre. Either go Owen 12 so I don't give a fuck or be great

(if you don't understand how means represent distributions please stop reading and go take a stats class)
    This is why I love you.
  • Options
    GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Here's a FAQ for you:

Q: Do we really need a big time QB this year because we got a good guy at that position last year?
    A: We need better guys than we got last year.

Q: Do we really need big time RBs this year because we got some good guys at that position last year?

Q: Do we really need big time WRs this year because we got some good guys at that position last year?

Q: Do we really need a big time TE this year because we got some good guys at that position last year?

Q: Do we really need big time OLs this year because we got some good guys at that position last year?

Q: Do we really need big time DLs this year because we got some good guys at that position last year?

Q: Do we really need big time OLBs this year because we got some good guys no one at that position last year?
    A: We need to sign players that are good.

Q: Do we really need big time ILBs this year because we got some good guys at that position last year?

Q: Do we really need big time DBs this year because we got some good guys at that position last year?

Q: Do we need a K like Mitch Wisnowski?
    A: Yes.

Q: But next year Sam Huard is going to commit to us, do we really need to take a QB?
    A: We need one of the best players in the country, just like every year.

Q: But Bonapha is such a good coach, I think recruiting is not as important as development. Does he really need to get blue chips?
    A: Yes. Every year.

Q: But our players at (INSERT POSITION HERE) are playing well. Why worry about the future?
    A: Because unless you plan to die before 3-4 years from now, that future will come and in it we will not be as good as we could've been had we GOTTEN GOOD FUCKING PLAYERS.

HTH

I am sensing a trend here.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

By the way a dip last year wasn't shocking. The lack of talent at multiple positions this year is an indictment of recruiting

I think we will be a bit more talented next year and then it will really kick in in 2020. I know, 2020 will be special. But TBH, if we finish out this class like we should and hit on a couple tier 1 guys like Ringo, Smalls, Flowe and Botey, 2020 and 2021 will be years when our talent will start to look like Clemson's.

Right now we have 32 blue chips (if you don't understand how means represent distributions please stop reading and go take a stats class) on the roster.

This year we will lose 4 of those: Jake, Trey, Kaleb, BMurph.
    We will replace them on the roster with about 12 of those.

+7

Next year, we should be around 38-39.

After 2019 we are likely to lose about 4-5 guys, but also replace them with about 12-15 guys who are blue chips:

2019 leavers: Skinny, Henry R., Benning, Welly, Joyner.

Maybe 1-2 will flush out of the program, but we should be high 40s by 2020.

Assuming we get 12-15 4*s in 2021... then we are going to start looking like USC talent wise.

We will probably lose 8 and end up around 52-55.
    There are 52 - 55 blue chip white and mixed kids in the country?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I think we will be a bit more talented next year and then it will really kick in in 2020. I know, 2020 will be special. But TBH, if we finish out this class like we should and hit on a couple tier 1 guys like Ringo, Smalls, Flowe and Botey, 2020 and 2021 will be years when our talent will start to look like Clemson's.

Right now we have 32 blue chips (if you don't understand how means represent distributions please stop reading and go take a stats class) on the roster.

This year we will lose 4 of those: Jake, Trey, Kaleb, BMurph.
    We will replace them on the roster with about 12 of those.

+7

Next year, we should be around 38-39.

After 2019 we are likely to lose about 4-5 guys, but also replace them with about 12-15 guys who are blue chips:

2019 leavers: Skinny, Henry R., Benning, Welly, Joyner.

Maybe 1-2 will flush out of the program, but we should be high 40s by 2020.

Assuming we get 12-15 4*s in 2021... then we are going to start looking like USC talent wise.

We will probably lose 8 and end up around 52-55.
    NTD, BB