Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pac-12 road wins are SO HARD....

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
I understand why Pete says it, that's what coaches do, but what really pisses me off is media people who parrot the same talking point when they are allowed to say something different.

It's quicker to list the teams in the Pac-12 who actually have some legit home field advantage than don't but I will go long form

Pullman, Corvalis, Palo Alto, Berkely, Pasadena (4 out of 5 years), Tempe, Tuscon, Boulder. Hell you could throw UW in there, if we aren't playing SC/Oregon/Stanford/WSU.

None of those places are like going to play in Death Valley, the big House, the Horseshoe, Penn State, Clemson, Bama, etc etc

That being said, this Saturday we are at a place where getting a road win is a big deal as long as they don't have Brady Hoke as DC.

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    godawgst said:

I understand why Pete says it, that's what coaches do, but what really pisses me off is media people who parrot the same talking point when they are allowed to say something different.

It's quicker to list the teams in the Pac-12 who actually have some legit home field advantage than don't but I will go long form

Pullman, Corvalis, Palo Alto, Berkely, Pasadena (4 out of 5 years), Tempe, Tuscon, Boulder. Hell you could throw UW in there, if we aren't playing SC/Oregon/Stanford/WSU.

None of those places are like going to play in Death Valley, the big House, the Horseshoe, Penn State, Clemson, Bama, etc etc

That being said, this Saturday we are at a place where getting a road win is a big deal as long as they don't have Brady Hoke as DC.

Flagged because the Big House is widely known to be a shit home field advantage. Everyone who ever goes there talks about how quiet it is.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

godawgst said:

Flagged because the Big House is widely known to be a shit home field advantage. Everyone who ever goes there talks about how quiet it is.
    It's so fucking quiet. It don't get it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Cripes.....I'm 43 and have the mental capacity of a ten year old.

I can't imagine having to be away from home...play football...you travel down to LA where mom and dad are calling you "when can we see you? Your Auntie misses you so much." Uncles...aunts...cousins "hey can you get us some tickets?" So I'm sure the stress level of playing in front of everyone...the distractions etc. I sure as hell wouldn't be able to do it and it would drive me crazy now. Now be 19 or 20. Am just glad we went in there and won. Doesn't happen often.
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    godawgst said:

The places you list are tough places to get a win because the teams who play there are good, not because of an above-normal home field advantage. In fact, two places you deride are in the top 5 of actual home field advantage boost: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20519639/alabama-ohio-state-oklahoma-boast-best-home-records-college-football-do-own-home-field-advantage-too
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

godawgst said:

The places you list are tough places to get a win because the teams who play there are good, not because of an above-normal home field advantage. In fact, two places you deride are in the top 5 of actual home field advantage boost: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20519639/alabama-ohio-state-oklahoma-boast-best-home-records-college-football-do-own-home-field-advantage-too
    Yeah everyone knows the Kibbie Dome is home to a larger HFA than Texas and Notre Dame.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

Yeah everyone knows the Kibbie Dome is home to a larger HFA than Texas and Notre Dame.
    The Cougs have struggled against Idaho at Martin P. Vandal Stadium