Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Senate is a bunch of chicken shits

PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,666 Standard Supporter
Vote to proceed around noon eastern - 30 hour debate clock then starts which means sometime Saturday afternoon when 'Murica is getting fucked up at tailgates.

Collins says she'll vote yes.

Flake is open for bidness. Ka-Ching

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

Vote to proceed around noon eastern - 30 hour debate clock then starts which means sometime Saturday afternoon when 'Murica is getting fucked up at tailgates.

Collins says she'll vote yes.

Flake is open for bidness. Ka-Ching

It is pretty small time to vote on a weekend. Vote should be Tuesday Night Prime time viewing audience. That way we know where all these fucks stand.

Also Flake is such a typical politician he is basically a caricature at this point.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    The Cloture vote is probably how it plays out

The Senate always finds a way to cross party lines and work together when it comes to saving their own asses

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    DiFi's tits are missing - or the old joke "what did one tit say to the other tit?"
    Don't hang too low people will think we're nuts
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,964
    Murkowski is a no...I would guess that has more to do with knowing Flake and Collins are yes and some of Kavanaugh's previous rulings on Native American issues.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,953

Murkowski is a no...I would guess that has more to do with knowing Flake and Collins are yes and some of Kavanaugh's previous rulings on Native American issues.

She was a no on cloture, mixed signals regarding final confirmation. I hate when we elect Rinos from solid Conservative states.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,964
    SFGbob said:

She was a no on cloture, mixed signals regarding final confirmation. I hate when we elect Rinos from solid Conservative states.
    Yeah, but her election was weird. She lost the Republican primary and won as a write-in, mainly due to the Native Americans up in Alaska. And for whatever reason the Native Americans are worked up about Kavanaugh...there is apparently some state vs Fed cases coming up they think that, if the SC sides with the states, will hurt them (no clue on if its true).

I expect her to vote no because of it unless she has to vote yes to get him to pass...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    Susan Collins, drama queen will announce at noon

I haven't been this excited since the last 5 star picked USC over us