Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW Doog Bot's Season Wins Probability Distribution Calculator BYU win Fupdate

2»

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2018

Shutting down Bryce Love, two defensive touchdowns and five takeaways against Cal. Oregon's defense sucks. Sure.

Shut down Bryce love but still allow Stanford to score 11.4 points more than their average.

Get two defensive touchdowns and and five takeaways, yet Cal only scores 4.5 points less than they normally do.

Sure, Oregon’s defense sucks.
  • phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not smart enough for this
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,166
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018
    phineas said:

We are probably dropping one of either @ Oregon or vs. Stanford the rest of the way(but that's it). HH polling beginning of the season says Stanford. ESPN FPI and PPG metrics would say Oregon is the bigger toss up. From a "winning the North" perspective it's probably better to beat Stanford and lose to Oregon. We are still favored in both games though and have a decent probability of winning out. We could also drop a game that we "should" really win while beating both of those teams but that is less likely.

10-2 overall and 8-1 conference records are what the maf' is predicting.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,569
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I thight obk was taking a break to prepare for the disappointing rest of the season
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,790
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

phineas said:

We are probably dropping one of either @ Oregon or vs. Stanford the rest of the way(but that's it). HH polling beginning of the season says Stanford. ESPN FPI and PPG metrics would say Oregon is the bigger toss up. From a "winning the North" perspective it's probably better to beat Stanford and lose to Oregon. We are still favored in both games though and have a decent probability of winning out. We could also drop a game that we "should" really win while beating both of those teams but that is less likely.

It would be better if we won both games like we should.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,166
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

Of course, I'm just telling you what the math predicts as a probability distribution. Alabama is usually favored in every single game they play but they still usually drop one.

Even if you are at 90% to win every game, over a ten game schedule that means the most likely outcome is that you are 9-1 even though in a vacuum you should have also won that 1 game.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,790
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

phineas said:

Of course, I'm just telling you what the math predicts as a probability distribution. Alabama is usually favored in every single game they play but they still usually drop one.

Even if you are at 90% to win every game, over a ten game schedule that means the most likely outcome is that you are 9-1 even though in a vacuum you should have also won that 1 game.