Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Earl Thomas leaves field on cart, wearing air cast, flips off Seahawks’ sideline

2»

Comments

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bob_C said:

Sea hawks dodged a bullet

Seems the opposite. Seems like they had already decided not to extend, so they effectively lost an all pro for this year or the opportunity to get back sorely needed draft picks. Cap space in the future means shit if you have no one worthy of paying on the current roster.
    The dead $16 million in 2018 and 2019 for Sherm and Kam, says hi.

Where are they playing again?
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited October 2018

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I think the current Seahawks regime has really harmed its reputation with players and is going to have a hell of a time attracting free agents for a while.

When Thomas signed his contract in 2014, it made him the highest paid safety in the NFL. No one held a gun to his head.

This year he could have gone the Lavon Bell route and held out. He didn’t. He got hurt. It sucks but it’s a business.

Villifying the Seahawks is stupid. Thomas’s $8.5 million 2018 salary, third among NFL safeties, is a tidy sum.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Since drafting Thomas in 2010, the Seahawks have shown him nothing but disrespect. $55 mm worth of disrespect to be exact.

I feel very badly for his family.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I think the current Seahawks regime has really harmed its reputation with players and is going to have a hell of a time attracting free agents for a while.

When Thomas signed his contract in 2014, it made him the highest paid safety in the NFL. No one held a gun to his head.

This year he could have gone the Lavon Bell route and held out. He didn’t. He got hurt. It sucks but it’s a business.

Villifying the Seahawks is stupid. Thomas’s $8.5 million 2018 salary, third among NFL safeties, is a tidy sum.

All true. They still should have traded him. Win-win for both sides. I think the front office failed at playing the long game.