Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Clemson has 0 games left against a top opponent. Notre Dame will go undefeated if they beat Stanford

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
And no one will know how good they really are. Virginia Tech and Florida State are both way down.

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2018
    We already know how good Clemson is: Slightly better than Jimbo Fisher in his first year at Texas A & M. Notre Shame will not run the table.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I have not been impressed with Notre Dame and would generally agree with you, but their schedule has played out perfectly for them if they beat Stanford. Where is the loss? They also seem to have found their quarterback.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like Stanford this week
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

I have not been impressed with Notre Dame and would generally agree with you, but their schedule has played out perfectly for them if they beat Stanford. Where is the loss? They also seem to have found their quarterback.

Very questionable if they can beat Stanford.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited September 2018
    Gladstone said:

And no one will know how good they really are. Virginia Tech and Florida State are both way down.

In all seriousness, I think you need to hold-off judgment on Miami just yet. If Richt thinks this through clearly, he will hand the reigns over to Perry now and put Rosier into retirement. It was FIU, so there's no way to know if he can adjust to the speed of a real team, but he has a good arm and he's accurate and moves well. In all of Miami's recent losses, Rosier has thrown high and/or late to a receiver with a step on his guy. Perry moves more quickly in the pocket (and elsewhere), and has a better chance to avoid a sack with an Oline that is not horrible but not fantastic either. Rosier can run in a straight line and he's strong, so that gives the appearance that can move. But the reality is that he's terrible in the pocket and terrible at avoiding the rush and gives up a shit ton of sacks, or throws w/o being set and sends a shitty ball that misses or gets picked. Rosier is also like just over 6'0, and gets a lot of passes knocked down. Perry is 6'3" and doesn't. Bottom line is that Rosier has been a huge factor in almost all of their losses. To be fair, and handful of their wins also involved him being clutch. But at this point, he's cost them more than he's given them.

Their D is very solid+ and they have great skill guys all over the field.

Miami could potentially get it together and make a run. They're not Clemson-ready yet; not doubt about that. But by season's end they could be in a position to at least sneak up on them or somebody.

Agree that ND could run if they sneak by Furd. I like Furd too though.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Gladstone said:

In all seriousness, I think you need to hold-off judgment on Miami just yet. If Richt thinks this through clearly, he will hand the reigns over to Perry now and put Rosier into retirement. It was FIU, so there's no way to know if he can adjust to the speed of a real team, but he has a good arm and he's accurate and moves well. In all of Miami's recent losses, Rosier has thrown high and/or late to a receiver with a step on his guy. Perry moves more quickly in the pocket (and elsewhere), and has a better chance to avoid a sack with an Oline that is not horrible but not fantastic either. Rosier can run in a straight line and he's strong, so that gives the appearance that can move. But the reality is that he's terrible in the pocket and terrible at avoiding the rush and gives up a shit ton of sacks, or throws w/o being set and sends a shitty ball that misses or gets picked. Rosier is also like just over 6'0, and gets a lot of passes knocked down. Perry is 6'3" and doesn't. Bottom line is that Rosier has been a huge factor in almost all of their losses. To be fair, and handful of their wins also involved him being clutch. But at this point, he's cost them more than he's given them.

Miami could potentially get it together and make a run. They're not Clemson-ready yet; not doubt about that. But by season's end they could be in a position to at least sneak up on them or somebody.

It's pretty obvious that college QB's have no more than a two year starter life from now on.

The backup QB is actually the best player on the team now.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

If what I saw from Oregon for 3 quarters is the future under Cristobal, I really hope Richt really kills it in Miami. Don't want them stealing our corch if he turns out to be the real deal.
  • Options

I like Stanford this week

If Furd wins this week Shaw is finally making the playoffs.
  • Options
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Gone be hard to keep ND out if they beat Stanford..but they gone get killed and be a terrible representative for cfb
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Gladstone said:

If what I saw from Oregon for 3 quarters is the future under Cristobal, I really hope Richt really kills it in Miami. Don't want them stealing our corch if he turns out to be the real deal.
    Oregon's future is only being able to play for 3 quarters
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Gladstone said:

It’s a step forward. With Herbert last Season, they could only play 2. With that said, no lead is safe for them against good teams.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    salemcoog said:

Gladstone said:

It’s a step forward. With Herbert last Season, they could only play 2. With that said, no lead is safe for them against good teams.
    This year...