Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is biggest cause of Husky Stadium fan apathy?

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

Abundance.

Yes, abundance is the easy answer, but still...pick one damn it.
    But it really is all of it. Night games, Crazy Larry, shit product for 15 years, Seachickens getting good, old logger Seattle > new hipster faggy Seattle, traffic, parking/tailgating challenges, the changing demographic of the student body (I swear only half the kids grew up in WA and even those are mostly the super smart nerds of their schools), and 70" HD TV's. Everything all culminated over the last 20 years to make much of this not worth fooling with.
    This is why I ended up at a women’s volleyball school.
    U had special needs, hence went to a different school
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Write-in Option
    apropros of something...

Del Conte and Martin have reconfigured the seating to give Texas students a contiguous bloc of seats with the Texas band blasting from the middle. They have made that student seating first-come, first-serve to get those students in the stadium and yelling. They have cut down on ads on the video boards and forbidden on-field, thanks-for-writing-that-big-check presentations if those presentations bring down the energy level in the stadium.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/09/24/texas-longhorns-tcu-tom-herman-stadium-experience
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Maple Valley Starter Jacket hicks defected to the Seahawks

Swaye said:

Abundance.

But it really is all of it. Night games, Crazy Larry, shit product for 15 years, Seachickens getting good, old logger Seattle > new hipster faggy Seattle, traffic, parking/tailgating challenges, the changing demographic of the student body (I swear only half the kids grew up in WA and even those are mostly the super smart nerds of their schools), and 70" HD TV's. Everything all culminated over the last 20 years to make much of this not worth fooling with.
    My grammar and spelling suck but at least my poasts are somewhat coherent and involve english.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Write-in Option

Swaye said:

Abundance.

My grammar and spelling suck but at least my poasts are somewhat coherent and involve english.
    They are?!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Maple Valley Starter Jacket hicks defected to the Seahawks

Swaye said:

Abundance.

They are?!
    Sometimes
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Write-in Option
    All of them

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Husky Football Circa 2002- 15
    BearsWiin said:

All of them

I'm stumped. Have we been terminated as a program and we'll never be back? Memorial Stadium was built back when Cal was winning multiple natties and they could draw 70,000. Maybe some teams can't ever get that back.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    After watching part of the ASU game, I would say you have a lot of catching up to do. Modernize your shit already, you look like you're stuck back in the 70's or 80's with the boring uniforms and the dark, depressing field. Then there's that hideous droning siren every time you score. Update that shit and make it edgier. It sounds like a dog howling, I get it, but it needs to be updated.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The real answer is big screen TV's and getting older. Nobody is too crazy about football outside SEC country.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    Swaye's Wigwam

The real answer is big screen TV's and getting older. Nobody is too crazy about football outside SEC country.

The Big 10 still packs 'em in.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Too much cash grab sponsor gimmickry and horrible music- e.g., "Purple Rain"
    The old Husky Stadium was better, day games and an ordinary band, not constant shit out of the jumbotron and an endless series of advertisements and lights flashing. If the old stadium had no track, that setup would have been ideal.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The Big 10 still packs 'em in.
    Those cornfuckers are dumb
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Write-in Option
    The team plays in Seattle
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We also lack any real game day traditions other than the "Go Huskies" chant and whatever the fuck we do before kickoffs. Even some mid tier programs around the country have some pretty cool traditions that started relatively recently - VA Tech's "Enter Sandman", South Carolina's "Sandstorm", Wisconsin's "Jump Around". We don't have anything like that to get the fans hyped up.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Write-in Option
    1995-2015
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Night games past the blue hairs bed times?
    A couple of factors: night gaymes and loud blue collars being priced out and replaced by annoying fags (many who are transplants) .

I realize longshoretrannies and some trades make pretty good money there, but don't you need to put down like $1500 just to get tickets now? It's insane.