Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Purple Rain

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,893
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Fuck you athletic dept!! Whomever let them blast this song in HS mid way through the 4th should be fired. It's a classic song and I love Prince but this is not what you play towards the end of a tight football game. Talk about killing the already lackluster crowd enthusism. Don't play that shit again unless you're up by 4 touchdowns.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Darling Nikki would have been a better choice from that album
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,464
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Agreed. But that wasn't as bad as the skit in the endzone. Da fuq was that?

Seriously. I told my two uncles that was some high school bullshit
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Let's review things done by the AD last night:

1) March to Montlake … let's steal an idea from the Sounders and their "March to the Match" because college football and minor league soccer are comparable and on target for where the football program should be going

2) Purple Rain … nice idea but TERRIBLE execution … the biggest thing of course being that Prince's version of the song is that it's a slow ass song that has nothing to do with an upbeat energy of a football game. If you're going to put that out there you probably should do it early in the game and put a kiss camera tied to it.

3) Whatever the skit that Harry was trying to do in the end zone was not only stupid but obviously fucktardedly executed. It's like they decided let's go back to some silliness from the Bissell era and bring some stuff out.

4) The band waving towels … not sure what I really think about that … never mind, yes I do … give the towels to the student section and have like an entire endzone waving towels versus just a subsection of it.

5) Kudos that Chevron realized that their fucking stupid race thing sucked and that going away

6) The new tradition for Letterman whatever that they brought Jon Brockman in for is a nice idea EXCEPT again the execution really fucking sucked. One, they did nothing to set it up so you had people wondering what the hell was going on. Second, the song that you're having the band play and the Letterman coming in to help out with is usually reserved for AFTER UW SCORES … not to be played after the OPPONENT SCORES.

Agree. Do away with all the bullshit that's not related to football. And bring back the HuskyTron highlights.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    does the band have the sheet music for Shut The Program Down?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If we're gonna bash the Chevron car races, I'm OUT.

Also...WTF happened to the band?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Meek said:

I have that copy

https://youtu.be/CRWggz084bE
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,986
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Meek said:

I have that copy

https://youtu.be/CRWggz084bE
    Better than what we have tbh.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Fuck you athletic dept!! Whomever let them blast this song in HS mid way through the 4th should be fired. It's a classic song and I love Prince but this is not what you play towards the end of a tight football game. Talk about killing the already lackluster crowd enthusism. Don't play that shit again unless you're up by 4 touchdowns.

Heard next week when it's tied and two minutes left in the 4th quarter they will play this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcA9LIIXWw
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,573
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Yes, the purple raton timing was absolutely absurd. The fans being lulled to sleep. It was so strange. Did they realize the situation of the game?

Love the song just not during a football game.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,816
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2018
    Passion said:

Heard next week when it's tied and two minutes left in the 4th quarter they will play this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcA9LIIXWw
    Everybody knows Do You Really Want to Hurt Me is Culture Club’s pump up jam.