Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OFFICIAL Ducks-Cardinal Game Thread

15678911»

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

I see progress from the Helf/Willie Lyles-Taggart years. Team actually looked conditioned and got push on the lines.

Some stupid shit. Some of that was stupid hyped up freshman shit. Would have been nice to get a PI call in OT, but whatever.

Hopefully the team and coaches will learn from this.

The S&C program is just a copy of what every actually good program does so the fact that it works isn't anything surprising.

There are no excuses for this one. ShawFS gave the Ducks four chances to win a game they had no business winning and they shit all over the mattress. Some of it is coaching some of it is players. It's all unacceptable.
    @StrongArmCobra

@RuffaloSoldier

@Ice_Holmvik
    Sark beat #3 USC with a future top-10 pick at QB in his first season as head coach at UW. Thought Cristobal was going to follow in his foot steps as closely as possible by beating #7 ranked Stanford. But Oregon couged it instead. Expect a hangover loss on the road next week against Cal. Oregon won't be able to match their energy from tonight and they will go into the game sleep walking and get beat.
    @StrongArmCobra

@RuffaloSoldier
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I suppose
    AZDuck said:

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

I see progress from the Helf/Willie Lyles-Taggart years. Team actually looked conditioned and got push on the lines.

Some stupid shit. Some of that was stupid hyped up freshman shit. Would have been nice to get a PI call in OT, but whatever.

The S&C program is just a copy of what every actually good program does so the fact that it works isn't anything surprising.

There are no excuses for this one. ShawFS gave the Ducks four chances to win a game they had no business winning and they shit all over the mattress. Some of it is coaching some of it is players. It's all unacceptable.
    Except we didn’t used to do that and Coach Rhabdo got our guys fat and slow last year.

Yeah. Dumb shit. I get that. We’re not the smartest team n CFB anymore. We’re gonna kick someone’s ass this season. It’s gonna feel good.

But we’re going to a shit tier bowel.

I suppose the next chapter in this story is how the team responds. If that first half was just a fluke, if they give up, if the players and coaches are resilient, etc etc bleach.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

@StrongArmCobra

@RuffaloSoldier

@Ice_Holmvik
    Sark beat #3 USC with a future top-10 pick at QB in his first season as head coach at UW. Thought Cristobal was going to follow in his foot steps as closely as possible by beating #7 ranked Stanford. But Oregon couged it instead. Expect a hangover loss on the road next week against Cal. Oregon won't be able to match their energy from tonight and they will go into the game sleep walking and get beat.
    We were losing next week regardless of what happened tonight. Most of the roster are still babies. They aren't going on the road at beating 8 win teams.

Doogs are placing the cart well before the horse, but not many Duck fans are.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    We’re not losing to Cal.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought mooster had another game to attend?

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

@StrongArmCobra

@RuffaloSoldier

@Ice_Holmvik
    We were losing next week regardless of what happened tonight. Most of the roster are still babies. They aren't going on the road at beating 8 win teams.

You think we're going to lose to Cal?

Swallow a bag of

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

@StrongArmCobra

@RuffaloSoldier

@Ice_Holmvik

So looks like your “this is a 10 win team no matter who the coach is” prediction is looking pretty good!
    That was OBK.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

i was wondering if Mr Fill the Sleves would do a Nick Holt "Pay attention to me" routine on the sideline. Indeed he did.

Jesus that guy is a clown.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dtd said:

Refs absolutely uncle fucking Oregon tonight.

Yup... Robbed them of that last TD and now the scoop and score.

Rules are complicated.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

AZDuck said:

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Except we didn’t used to do that and Coach Rhabdo got our guys fat and slow last year.

Yeah. Dumb shit. I get that. We’re not the smartest team n CFB anymore. We’re gonna kick someone’s ass this season. It’s gonna feel good.

But we’re going to a shit tier bowel.

2018 wasn't going to be a special. The team looked a lot tougher than any of the shit Helfrich and Taggart trotted out on the field, minus the boneheaded plays.
    Losers lose.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

Oregon is had like 1 million chances to ice this game. They deserve to lose.

Absolutely. Why would you run a freshman after the Herbert TD? Three knees and punt it with 25 seconds to go.
    Game thread Mosster > post game debate Mosster
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dtd said:

Yup... Robbed them of that last TD and now the scoop and score.

Rules are complicated.
    SHUT UP YOU WOWTHLESS WEF! YOU WEFS AWE ALWAYS SCWEWING THE DUCKS! WHY? BECAUSE THE CONFEWENCE HATES THE DUCKS!

Mosster47 said:

Absolutely. Why would you run a freshman after the Herbert TD? Three knees and punt it with 25 seconds to go.
    Yep. I initially took the "why didn't he just walk to the store?" approach like a retarded emotional fan, but then thought about it like a football coach and I would never under any circumstance put the outcome of a game on the punt team against a 10 or 11 man rush.
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Yep. I initially took the "why didn't he just walk to the store?" approach like a retarded emotional fan, but then thought about it like a football coach and I would never under any circumstance put the outcome of a game on the punt team against a 10 or 11 man rush.
    Football coachers are known for their brilliance
    dtd said: