Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sometimes being stubborn is good

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,269
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Pete just wasn't going to let Harry fly. He just wasn't.

We roped and doped all night long but didn't let them get the big play

The biggest problem on defense is the offense not stretching these leads out when they have the chance

This is your Huskies this year. Just win

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,971
    Founders Club

The biggest problem on defense is the offense not stretching these leads out when they have the chance

Was Harry being an idiot?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Marcus Tulilopo was always behind at half in 2000!

2000 was the most frustratingly awesome season I've been through. We grinded out so many wins.

Last night we gave up way too many rushing yards up the middle. Our defensive line was not successful stopping the run or getting to the QB.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    there will probably be 3 games that we need 35 to win
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The denensive plan was aggravating as hell but it worked. We came damn close to holding them to the goal of 13 pts. Fuck this white knuckle year though. There's going to be a game where we need 35 to win and it won't happen.

I feel last night we would have put up a lot more points if Pete didn't run the 4th quarter quarter conservative.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The denensive plan was aggravating as hell but it worked. We came damn close to holding them to the goal of 13 pts. Fuck this white knuckle year though. There's going to be a game where we need 35 to win and it won't happen.

If you throw out the freebie first drive from the trick play, it was 13 points.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

If you throw out the freebie first drive from the trick play, it was 13 points.
    Throw out the pick 6 against Bama and we have a chance!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Linebackers are the weakest link on defense. We know the weakest link on offense so that goes without saying.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2018
    PurpleJ said:

Linebackers are the weakest link on defense. We know the weakest link on offense so that goes without saying.

Usually I would agree with your comment. But last night BBK was awesome. Did either Amandre Williams or Ngata have a single tackle? I saw them both playing from time to time, but never heard their names called.

I think the interior DL got pushed back pretty good. If we had Vita Vea we could have still payed a 3-man front and their RB would’ve never gained 100 yds.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

PurpleJ said:

Usually I would agree with your comment. But last night BBK was awesome. Did either Amandre Williams or Ngata have a single tackle? I saw them both playing from time to time, but never heard their names called.

I think the interior DL got pushed back pretty good. If we had Vita Vea we could have still payed a 3-man front and their RB would’ve never gained 100 yds.
    DL didn't have a good game last night, but unlike the linebackers, they actually played well before that.

Linebackers have been consistently weak. They suck at plugging gaps in the running game and they are undersized. BBK is slow and if he is the bright spot at that position you are in trouble. Azeem and Bierria have not been adequately replaced.

If I'm Stanford or Oregon, I run the ball 40 times against us.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2018
    PurpleJ said:

Passion said:

PurpleJ said:

DL didn't have a good game last night, but unlike the linebackers, they actually played well before that.

Linebackers have been consistently weak. They suck at plugging gaps in the running game and they are undersized. BBK is slow and if he is the bright spot at that position you are in trouble. Azeem and Bierria have not been adequately replaced.

If I'm Stanford or Oregon, I run the ball 40 times against us.
    Uhhh...BBK was awesome last night. Don’t know how you couldn’t see that. He certainly wasn’t “slow.”

UW will have a different scheme against both of those teams. N’Keal Harry is special.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

that makes no sense. jake browning is pete's "warrior"...the guy he would go to the wrong side of town with. the problem with this team is the fucking defense - end of story.