Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looking Forward to Another Award for BBK

2»

Comments

• Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I hate him and then I love him. Fuck you BBK. I mean that in a good way
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    whuggy said:

AEB said:

Am I the only one who saw BBK get dragged after contact, be late to filling the hole and generally not be impactful in the defensive run game?

ASU schemed to run against him and were largely successful in keeping the game much closer than it should’ve been.

He’s a fine player and made a couple of plays, but he was horrible in the run game. Our defensive scheme funnels run plays to our LBs. That’s why he has so many tackles. When BBK is your MIK, opponents control the clock. When Heimuli is our MIK, this shit stops. Stanford will exploit this more than ASU.

Please tell I’m being whooshed. Somebody?

Need to ask yourself why he had to make 20 tackles. Our DL is not getting off blocks either in the run or pass game.
    Scheme. 2 DL occupy blocks, LBs clean up. We play 2 DL in most scenarios.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What I see from BBK is that he is smart, gets to the right place most of the time. He is way undersized for the position and most of the time can't stand a guy up like he should be able to.

That being said, he did have a couple hard hits last night. And he wraps people up. Yes he gets dragged around some but at least he's there and he doesn't bounce off. He gets his arms around them.

He also had an awesome play at a person who didn't have the ball in ASUs last touchdown. That was funny, in the stands I thought he jumped the line and drilled the Rb until I realized the QB still had the ball.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

Am I the only one who saw BBK get dragged after contact, be late to filling the hole and generally not be impactful in the defensive run game?

ASU schemed to run against him and were largely successful in keeping the game much closer than it should’ve been.

He’s a fine player and made a couple of plays, but he was horrible in the run game. Our defensive scheme funnels run plays to our LBs. That’s why he has so many tackles. When BBK is your MIK, opponents control the clock. When Heimuli is our MIK, this shit stops. Stanford will exploit this more than ASU.

Need to ask yourself why he had to make 20 tackles. Our DL is not getting off blocks either in the run or pass game.
    AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

Don't take this wrong because I like Gaines but BBK wasn't making 20 tackles with Vita in there.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    whuggy said:

AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

Don't take this wrong because I like Gaines but BBK wasn't making 20 tackles with Vita in there.
    Be very very careful.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    whuggy said:

AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

This is true.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

Be very very careful.

I take it back.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    Founders Club
    BBK is good if he can beat the player to the spot or hit them before they get going. He is wet toilet paper when it’s coming downhill at him
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,463
    Founders Club
    AEB said:

Doogs love try hard white guys.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

They don't gameplan to run at BBK. We play nickel every down and some three man fronts. Some of you have no clue about football.

We played a lot of three man fronts yesterday. Frustrating giving Wilkins so much time on most downs with only a three man rush, but containing him and Harry was effective. If the RB gained 103 and we win I’ll take it.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    whuggy said:

AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

Maybe I need to slap his wife's ass to motivate him?
  • Options

whuggy said:

AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

Maybe I need to slap his wife's ass to motivate him?
    I don't question his motivation. He's just a huge step down from a top 15 NFLer. Don't think Levi or Jaylen are exactly lighting it up either. Just no way a LB should be making 20 tackles.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    Standard Supporter
    Passion said:

They don't gameplan to run at BBK. We play nickel every down and some three man fronts. Some of you have no clue about football.

We played a lot of three man fronts yesterday. Frustrating giving Wilkins so much time on most downs with only a three man rush, but containing him and Harry was effective. If the RB gained 103 and we win I’ll take it.
    Yep. They stayed in Nickel the entire game. They were willing to make it easier for ASU to run in exchange for making Harry a non-factor. UW has a strong, fundamental d-line but doesn't have the line yet to completely shut down the run in this scenario. Once we have guys like Tuli. Tuitele, Paama, Bandes, etc. in there, it might be different
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,708
    edited September 2018
    whuggy said:

AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

We'll never know. Our LB's were a better group then as well. But Gaines occupied 2 and several times 3 blockers. Someone should damn well be free to make a tackle! Gaines I think got the only hit on Wilkins in the pocket. May have been another but we rarely smacked him.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,708
    Sledog said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

whuggy said:

AEB said:

We'll never know. Our LB's were a better group then as well. But Gaines occupied 2 and several times 3 blockers. Someone should damn well be free to make a tackle! Gaines I think got the only hit on Wilkins in the pocket. May have been another but we rarely smacked him.
    Vea's highest number of tackles for a single game is 6.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Passion said:

Yep. They stayed in Nickel the entire game. They were willing to make it easier for ASU to run in exchange for making Harry a non-factor. UW has a strong, fundamental d-line but doesn't have the line yet to completely shut down the run in this scenario. Once we have guys like Tuli. Tuitele, Paama, Bandes, etc. in there, it might be different
    6’3 240 pound linebackers with speed in there would be nice too.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Everyone can fuck off. BBK is a player. He’s small and unimpressive looking, but he makes plays and he throws his body around with reckless abandon. If you’ve watched him this year and you still don’t like him, then you’re a fucking idiot.

Sounds like an imposing husky player. I don't like him.