Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Questions for DDY, Coker and the bored.

Can you name me notable recruits that have:

- shocked the world and gone to uw instead of their local or hometown school?

Murphy? ...

- taken all five officials to other schools but in the end committed to the hometown school without ever taken an official?

??? I can't really think of any recent, high profile croots doing this. I'm sure it has though.

Reason, just reading up about Kyle Ford and he's throwing it out there that he may just do unofficials to USC/UCLA because its in his backyard.

He's visited UW, planning Oregon, did his first to Colorado, then maybe Michigan and then Ohio State.

That's two official, one definitely, one probable and one maybe.

USC is imploding. His main recruiter is Tee and who knows if Martin is going to be around for long, same with Helton.

You know, faith, family and football and -5yards rushing and shit.

UCLA has got some juicy twitter action with the QB dad acting out on social media and they may go Owen twelve. Ol chipper is still racist and that may offend half of kyle Ford. Owen twelve the other half.

Some of you guys thought i was a little loony stating that we have a better than average chance of getting Ford and Bru ... but we may be in better position than we think.

Petros just recently said it best that it extremely rare that both SoCal schools are so messed up at the same time.

Cue jim.carrey.gif "so you're saying there's a chance ..."

Fucking doog it out! Whaddya guys think?

Comments

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sean Mcgrew? was the california Gatorade player of the year.
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Bread said:

No one wanted him.
    Still waiting on my 8 ball, fucker has not delivered
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967

Bread said:

No one wanted him.
    I think he could be a hiesman contender if Pete wasn't so stubborn and benched Myles.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    animate said:

Can you name me notable recruits that have:

- shocked the world and gone to uw instead of their local or hometown school?

Murphy? ...

- taken all five officials to other schools but in the end committed to the hometown school without ever taken an official?

??? I can't really think of any recent, high profile croots doing this. I'm sure it has though.

Reason, just reading up about Kyle Ford and he's throwing it out there that he may just do unofficials to USC/UCLA because its in his backyard.

He's visited UW, planning Oregon, did his first to Colorado, then maybe Michigan and then Ohio State.

That's two official, one definitely, one probable and one maybe.

USC is imploding. His main recruiter is Tee and who knows if Martin is going to be around for long, same with Helton.

You know, faith, family and football and -5yards rushing and shit.

UCLA has got some juicy twitter action with the QB dad acting out on social media and they may go Owen twelve. Ol chipper is still racist and that may offend half of kyle Ford. Owen twelve the other half.

Some of you guys thought i was a little loony stating that we have a better than average chance of getting Ford and Bru ... but we may be in better position than we think.

Petros just recently said it best that it extremely rare that both SoCal schools are so messed up at the same time.

Cue jim.carrey.gif "so you're saying there's a chance ..."

Fucking doog it out! Whaddya guys think?

That's a lot of words to say he ends up at Oregon.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

Shaq Thompson

I wouldn't say that his commitment "shocked the world". He followed a coach here and most thought he would once Tosh was hired. Had he picked UW without Tosh coming here, then yes.
    if I remember right, which is a big if, his commit was a pretty big surprise. I think most thought he was a lock for Cal
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Shaq Thompson

I wouldn't say that his commitment "shocked the world". He followed a coach here and most thought he would once Tosh was hired. Had he picked UW without Tosh coming here, then yes.
    if I remember right, which is a big if, his commit was a pretty big surprise. I think most thought he was a lock for Cal
    It was widely speculated he would follow Tosh. It was a surprise in the “this stuff never goes our way” sense, but not in the “nobody saw that coming” sense.
    Shaq has always credited Wilcox, who coached his older brother at Cal.
    Troof. THAT was the big surprise.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,058
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    No one expected Tripper Johnson to give up baseball and play for the Doogs. No one.