Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSiO Episode #54: Welcome to the Nadir!

Comments

• Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Do you have any more 2nd grade math related blogs?

That's the only one. My brain can only fit one 2nd grade math concept in it at a time.

• Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    6. Your critiques of UW's multiple offense are fair.

Of course, the offense's complexity is not the cause of Jake Browning throwing ducks, shitting his pants, bailing from the pocket, and throwing to defensive linemen. The OL repeatedly blocking the wrong guy has nothing to do with the complicated motions, formations, and route changes. The offense's complexity isn't what's holding back Jordan Chin and Andre Baccellia.

The offense's problems stem at least in part from the recruiting misses at OL, WR, and QB, as you rightly pointed out. You're right there is a talent problem.

But I was ready to crap all over your broader argument about Pete's multiple offense. I mean, Dante Pettis and John Ross thrived and made Jake Browning into a Heisman contender!

Then I checked the stats. Fuck, Coker is right about Boise State's slide. Boise State's scoring offense went from 1st in the country in 2009, 2nd in 2010, and 5th in 2011, to 54th in 2012 and 22nd in 2013.

I'm hoping it's just a talent thing.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Squirt said:

Of course, the offense's complexity is not the cause of Jake Browning throwing ducks, shitting his pants, bailing from the pocket, and throwing to defensive linemen. The OL repeatedly blocking the wrong guy has nothing to do with the complicated motions, formations, and route changes. The offense's complexity isn't what's holding back Jordan Chin and Andre Baccellia.

The offense's problems stem at least in part from the recruiting misses at OL, WR, and QB, as you rightly pointed out. You're right there is a talent problem.

But I was ready to crap all over your broader argument about Pete's multiple offense. I mean, Dante Pettis and John Ross thrived and made Jake Browning into a Heisman contender!

Then I checked the stats. Fuck, Coker is right about Boise State's slide. Boise State's scoring offense went from 1st in the country in 2009, 2nd in 2010, and 5th in 2011, to 54th in 2012 and 22nd in 2013.

I don't know what it means for us(?), but the 2012 & 2013 drop off coincided with loss of Kellen Moore and the hiring of Robert Prince as OC. My Boysee guys hated Prince. If remember right, Prince's mandate was to copy the Nevada offense, but without #MyKap. Maybe the takeaway is that Pete isn't good at selecting QBs and OCs.
  • Options

I don't know what it means for us(?), but the 2012 & 2013 drop off coincided with loss of Kellen Moore and the hiring of Robert Prince as OC. My Boysee guys hated Prince. If remember right, Prince's mandate was to copy the Nevada offense, but without #MyKap. Maybe the takeaway is that Pete isn't good at selecting QBs and OCs.

That's right, that's right. God bless you.

The reality is the offensive system didn't change. The offensive coordinators were caretakers, not guys with their own systems.

The same horrifying possibility is dawning on Seahawks fans. The problem wasn't Bevell. The problem isn't Schottenheimer. They're running the offense that Pete Carroll wants to run!
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

If you don’t like making fun of Aaron Feld then FUCK OFF

Making fun of Aaron Feld is good.

Your impression of Aaron Feld is bad.
  • Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    what kind of gay whites only enclave did tequila grow up in
    i cant believe how little he got bullied growing up
    his inexplicable confidence infuriates me
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

what kind of gay whites only enclave did tequila grow up in
    i cant believe how little he got bullied growing up
    his inexplicable confidence infuriates me

Hating people with confidence ... nice
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Great pod fags.

Get some decent equipment and we'll say that about your pod, too!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Too bad we already lost to STDU at home and TSIO. This would've been a good pod otherwise. I realized after this pod and the HFPodcast, that "oh yeah, any team that brings pressure beats UW." That includes STDU, Stanford, and one more. I'm revising my earlier position and adding 2 more losses this year, due to a shitty QB without OL protection. 7-5 is looking quite probable right now. Teq & DDY: You say you want the actual facts: Well, there they are. (And I hope I'm way wrong).
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Too bad we already lost to STDU at home and TSIO. This would've been a good pod otherwise. I realized after this pod and the HFPodcast, that "oh yeah, any team that brings pressure beats UW." That includes STDU, Stanford, and one more. I'm revising my earlier position and adding 2 more losses this year, due to a shitty QB without OL protection. 7-5 is looking quite probable right now. Teq & DDY: You say you want the actual facts: Well, there they are. (And I hope I'm way wrong).

I feel like you're doing the opposite of buffing a turd...
  • Options

I feel like you're doing the opposite of buffing a turd...
    Chose that handle after watching Cyler Miles as QB. If he wasn't a Turd of a QB, I don't know who was. The buffer is the doogy part, representing the irrational optimism I hold onto, despite no reason to feel it, given the annual letdowns of this team and program.

Coker and DDY's discussion about the shitty tailgating changes is almost enough for me to abandon this particular pseudonym and maybe replace it with "shit-eater" cause that's what being a supportive fan feels like today.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    7-5 is “possible” but unlikely

I’m a bit in LIPO mode as I think this weekend tells us a lot. That being said we’ve played our toughest road games of the year already and I dont see a lot of threats in the conference to score in the high 20s on our defense.

The reality is the offense should get better during the season ... LIPO
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Utah was the game. We'll be fine
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Squirt said:

I wish I had Boysee guys. Must be cool.