Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

DUCKFIGHTER ILLUSTRATED SPECIAL REPORT: PRAY FOR COVEY

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,682
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited September 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
BRITAIN COVEY 1988 - 2018 RIP

Are we done here?

Washington beat Utah 21-7 at Utah in a game people will be talking about forever. Jake Browning was on target as usual and showed the poise and presence you want to have in a 4 year starter at quarterback

So its a win and a mere 10 years ago we didn't win any games at all so we should be happy with our middling lot in life and write big checks to the University! WOOF!

NEXT ON TAP

Veteran leader and 4 year starter Jake Browning leads our DAWGS against ASU at Midnight Eastern time so everyone will watch. Browning has natural skills at leading men and they really rally around his back up, Jim Haener.

Washington brings improved special teams play in a throwback to a golden era in kicking

ASU fans were initially skeptical of the hiring of Herm Edwards to be Devil in Chief.

Herm won them over with the annual late night desert win over Michigan State then lost them again by not winning the game against SDSU. Herm has a message for bitchfork wagon jumpers.

And a word of advice, always wear your cup around Herm.

WASHINGTON 24, ASU 10

GAMEDAY BACK IN EUGENE

Oregon football managed to stay unbeaten long enough to welcome Stanford to an alleged Pac 12 North Showdown at Autzen Arena. Duck players filled their sleeves with fat after all the cupcakes.

It's all fun and games until you have to play the game. Stanford will beat up the soft ducks and win somewhat easily say 28 to 10

Guess who isn't walking through that door anytime soon?

It isn't sad to see how far Oregon has fallen, its hilarious.

TROJANS HOST WSU FRIDAY NIGHT

It is fitting that these two teams meet on a Friday night as USC is as well coached as a high school team and WSU is a high school team. No one cares but the Cuogs should pull the upset that sends Country Legend Clay Helton down the road in his pickup with his dog.

Meanwhile back at Montlake we take a live look at how the fans are feeling knowing there are still at least 9 games for Jake Browning to play.

Thanks for Reading and a special thanks to our new overlords!

Fuck off

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Meanwhile back at Montlake we take a live look at how the fans are feeling knowing there are still at least 9 games for Jake Browning to play.

We are however, only 2 games away from Jake not being able to redshirt.
    A season injury this game while you have a backup who isn't ready to play...

Browning redshirts this year and starts next year

Eason transfers
  • GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We are however, only 2 games away from Jake not being able to redshirt.
    A season injury this game while you have a backup who isn't ready to play...

Browning redshirts this year and starts next year

Eason transfers
    Thanks for posting.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Feels like 2005 all over again
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I will never get tired of the gif of Herm tapping them in the nuts

I was gonna say ... that is to date in my top 5 funny af gifs. There's only one Herm.
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,005
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Are we done here?

Washington beat Utah 21-7 at Utah in a game people will be talking about forever. Jake Browning was on target as usual and showed the poise and presence you want to have in a 4 year starter at quarterback

So its a win and a mere 10 years ago we didn't win any games at all so we should be happy with our middling lot in life and write big checks to the University! WOOF!

NEXT ON TAP

Veteran leader and 4 year starter Jake Browning leads our DAWGS against ASU at Midnight Eastern time so everyone will watch. Browning has natural skills at leading men and they really rally around his back up, Jim Haener.

Washington brings improved special teams play in a throwback to a golden era in kicking

ASU fans were initially skeptical of the hiring of Herm Edwards to be Devil in Chief.

Herm won them over with the annual late night desert win over Michigan State then lost them again by not winning the game against SDSU. Herm has a message for bitchfork wagon jumpers.

And a word of advice, always wear your cup around Herm.

WASHINGTON 24, ASU 10

GAMEDAY BACK IN EUGENE

Oregon football managed to stay unbeaten long enough to welcome Stanford to an alleged Pac 12 North Showdown at Autzen Arena. Duck players filled their sleeves with fat after all the cupcakes.

It's all fun and games until you have to play the game. Stanford will beat up the soft ducks and win somewhat easily say 28 to 10

Guess who isn't walking through that door anytime soon?

It isn't sad to see how far Oregon has fallen, its hilarious.

TROJANS HOST WSU FRIDAY NIGHT

It is fitting that these two teams meet on a Friday night as USC is as well coached as a high school team and WSU is a high school team. No one cares but the Cuogs should pull the upset that sends Country Legend Clay Helton down the road in his pickup with his dog.

Thanks for Reading and a special thanks to our new overlords!

Fuck off

Still UUU

Unfunny
    Unwatchable
    Unreadable
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

After someone posted about how much success Eason had in the rough, tough SEC East (the little brother living off big brother’s reputation) in 2016 I thought I’d see if my impression that he was just ok bore out through SEC competition.

Meh.

Played 8 SEC games. Went 4-4. The 4 SEC wins came against teams with a combined 25-26 record.

50% completion rate. 136/271

Threw 34 times per game. Had 9 TDs in 8 games.

Number like that for a UW QB would get him killed here.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution said the best memory UGA fans have of Eason is how well he handled being benched. Ouch.

I’m not saying Eason can’t be a great college QB. He wasn’t terrible as a freshman. I’m saying he’s done little to earn the level of optimism fans have. Maybe he wins the spot next year, and maybe he performs great and heads to the NFL. But if he does it will represent a massive improvement, which would be kind of amazing after two years of not playing.

UGA that year was like Washington in 2015...critical peices got experience which led to a huge run.

Difference being that unlike Washington playing in a powder soft conference, Georgia was playing in the SEC. Not as forgiving. And Eason has the arm strength Browning can only dream of. Is Eason a guaranteed Heisman contender? No, but he should be solid.

All that said Pete starts Haener out of OKG process spite and Eason grad transfers to WSU
    Wait, when did DDY poast something negative about Eason?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    TTJ said:

Upon review, my favorite Covey moment is actually the round robin of shittalk after his fumble. The entire secondary got into it, to such extent that the little bitch actually whined to the ref for a flag, to no avail. It’s glorious. @GrundleStiltzkin gifworthy?

Not Nebraska classy if you axe me.

For a geriatric like me, it's fun to see the current generation of Husky fans embrace the shit-talk "swag" culture that my Canes INVENTED. Because as Race and Flea and others can attest, this used to be a pretty prudish outpost as fans go, and the Cane way was despised.

The phrase you used to hear old and young white frat boys use over and over and over again was: "Come on! Act like you've been there before. Have some class."

Things have changed around Montlake. For real.