Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I clearly don't know anything about football...

2»

Comments

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

His stop of Huntley was pretty dope. Him getting burned by Huntley for that long run not so much...

Go watch the play again. It's man coverage and Tevis is running around with no clue what to do presnap. Sometimes you guys are simpletons looking for a whipping boy. The play was fucked from the start.
    BBK overpursues inside to the right of the center and then loses Huntley on contain while he should be spying him. That's how I remember it anyways.
    We? talking about the same play here? I don't think Tevis is on the field. Benning is somewhere at the bottom of the picture. BBK takes 2 too many steps to his left, gets caught up in the slop and can't recover. Not sure what Gaines is doing either. He clearly has a read of some kind, but not sure what his responsibility turned into.

Yes. Tevis runs towards the Utah sideline after getting yelled at by a safety. I'm guessing a RB or TE was split out wide.
    I dont know what the correct defensive alignment was supposed to be but given the down and distance and position on the field (3rd and 5) I find it odd that Tevis should have been 40 yards down the field in man to man coverage on anyone with safety help over the top and Potatoe in zone coverage so far outside he is nearly standing on the numbers.

irregardless the gifs with presnap confusion:

https://gifs.com/gif/confusion-oQLgjk

Other angle: I have no fucking clue what the fuck Potatoe is even fucking looking at, is he looking to the sideline in the middle of the play to see what he is supposed to be doing?

https://gifs.com/gif/confusion-other-angle-G54V85

Upon further review UW should have called an immediate TO when Tevis and Potato were running around with the secondary guys yelling at them.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

His stop of Huntley was pretty dope. Him getting burned by Huntley for that long run not so much...

Go watch the play again. It's man coverage and Tevis is running around with no clue what to do presnap. Sometimes you guys are simpletons looking for a whipping boy. The play was fucked from the start.
    BBK overpursues inside to the right of the center and then loses Huntley on contain while he should be spying him. That's how I remember it anyways.
    We? talking about the same play here? I don't think Tevis is on the field. Benning is somewhere at the bottom of the picture. BBK takes 2 too many steps to his left, gets caught up in the slop and can't recover. Not sure what Gaines is doing either. He clearly has a read of some kind, but not sure what his responsibility turned into.

Yes. Tevis runs towards the Utah sideline after getting yelled at by a safety. I'm guessing a RB or TE was split out wide.
    I dont know what the correct defensive alignment was supposed to be but given the down and distance and position on the field (3rd and 5) I find it odd that Tevis should have been 40 yards down the field in man to man coverage on anyone with safety help over the top and Potatoe in zone coverage so far outside he is nearly standing on the numbers.

Other angle: I have no fucking clue what the fuck Potatoe is even fucking looking at, is he looking to the sideline in the middle of the play to see what he is supposed to be doing?

Upon further review UW should have called an immediate TO when Tevis and Potato were running around with the secondary guys yelling at them.

Yeah, but BBK should have had them lined up right. He's a productive, undersized white guy so we all have to hate him.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Houhusky said:

Yeah, but BBK should have had them lined up right. He's a productive, undersized white guy so we all have to hate him.
    If only Wellington had been in the game
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BBK gets dragged way too often. He's an instinctual player though. You can make it a black/white thing but he's around the ball more than any LB in recent years, including Azeem and Bierria. Why do you guys think that is?

Cause he's fast and can get his hands on guys pretty quick, often in the backfield. But because he's not strong enough and doesn't tackle well, RBs either slip through his arms as he overruns the play, or he jumps on their back and gets carried 5 to 6 yards downfield.

He's almost always in the right place, but he just wraps guys up too high and can't tackle very well. Azeem, as you may recall, tackled the fuck out of opposing RBs, sometimes picking them up off the ground and slamming them onto the turf. BBK simply cannot do that.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

They caught em with 5 wide, that's it.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I just don't get Potaoe at all. He has done less with more talent than any Husky I can remember in the last 20 years.
  • StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 486
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    BBK has really only 1 problem. He does not drive through on his tackles. He generally reads correctly, makes it to contact, and then He locks well, but after contact plays his weight as a drag to bring a runner down.

It doesn’t work that way. My jr high coach called that being a “Daddy Draper”. Extra 3 yards to the running back.

Plant, hit and drive your luscious, meaty things through the tackle until it looks like you’re riding a bicycle up someone’s taint. Gotta tackle a running back like you’re fucking a cheerleader. It’s all about the thighs.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    This thread is shit and your all fags
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Being white is a memory eraser. No matter how many dumb, lazy things you do or plays you can’t make - immediately after the game you are tuff, hard working, smart and have a high football IQ.

Not just white, but a white guy who has cut his long hair before the start of his SR season. That stat right there makes the panties wet. It shows that he is taking his last season serious and has come into his role as a senior leader on and off the field.

Get used to it, this is BBK's year
  • HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 497
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Being white is a memory eraser. No matter how many dumb, lazy things you do or plays you can’t make - immediately after the game you are tuff, hard working, smart and have a high football IQ.

GOD Damn it’s good to be white!!

Fu k off
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

High revving engine

Lunch pale kind of kid. The kind of kid you want for your daughter. High character kid.

BBK has really only 1 problem. He does not drive through on his tackles. He generally reads correctly, makes it to contact, and then He locks well, but after contact plays his weight as a drag to bring a runner down.

It doesn’t work that way. My jr high coach called that being a “Daddy Draper”. Extra 3 yards to the running back.

Plant, hit and drive your luscious, meaty things through the tackle until it looks like you’re riding a bicycle up someone’s taint. Gotta tackle a running back like you’re fucking a cheerleader. It’s all about the thighs.

THis is fake news. Did you watch that perfect form tackle for the stop? He hit the man, wrapped him up, and threw him down. Absolutely what they teach in junior fb.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

THis is fake news. Did you watch that perfect form tackle for the stop? He hit the man, wrapped him up, and threw him down. Absolutely what they teach in junior fb.
    Hopefully he can do that more once in his UW career

Hopefully he can do that more once in his UW career
    Hills I thought you'd be glad to see a white guy on defense making sloppy tackles? Or, are you opposed on some kind of faith-belief grounds?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Hills I thought you'd be glad to see a white guy on defense making sloppy tackles? Or, are you opposed on some kind of faith-belief grounds?

If I wanted to see that I’d just watch Central