Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Charles Kelly isn't fucking around

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    animate said:

Cal:

- is in California
    - has good academics (so I've heard)
    - is in California
    - has a history of putting players in the League (but as Race says, just doesn't get enough of them)
    - had some stability in coaching lately.
    - did i mention its in California? Not far away from family and friends, which for some crazy reason is a bigly deal for some croots.
    - croots get access to their girlfriend punani (fact!)

On the other hand, people have been saying this shit FOREVER.

If you really care about academics, and you're any good, Stanford will come calling and you'll answer.

They've had a some good players who made good in the NFL. Pretty much every program has.

Nothing at all compelling about that argument, and as I said, people have been making it for years, and still, Cal is Cal.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

animate said:

Cal:

- is in California
    - is in California
    - has a history of putting players in the League (but as Race says, just doesn't get enough of them)
    - did i mention its in California? Not far away from family and friends, which for some crazy reason is a bigly deal for some croots.

If you really care about academics, and you're any good, Stanford will come calling and you'll answer.

They've had a some good players who made good in the NFL. Pretty much every program has.

Nothing at all compelling about that argument, and as I said, people have been making it for years, and still, Cal is Cal.

NEWSFLASH: Institutional support and quality coaching hires matter

Film at 11
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm still on the Chip bandwagon. He is unorthodox and super abrasive.

No doubt being behind the scenes at Oregon before being the head guy helped that transition, but if you can wait out the storm the results are there. He drafted files, super bowl mvp. I remember in Philly players were complaining how he ran them too hard before games and it made them tired, but stats and analytics showed they were performing better.

Maybe UCLA is cursed, can't explain Ricks implosion, but if they ride the next 3 ugly years out it will get better.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Also Twitter world has fucked accountability up. It's why Treyshaun is wondering where he went wrong while getting bit by mosquitoes in Tallahassee.

Chip isn't cool. Neither is Pete for that matter. LIPO. If only more recruits would think and care.

Wasted
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735

UCLA was as good as any team we played last year talent wise. Made the rare win that much more fun especially when the 5 star frosh got a 15 yard penalty and looked like he wanted to cry

Chip has the raw material. I think its our conference loss this year

UW is going to kill UCLA.
    I would think so, but it's been a long time since we beat UCLA on the road.
    Of all programs to hold Husky kryptonite. Those hapless perennially underperforming powered blue fancy boys.

I can't remember their last big impressive win. And IDGAF.
    Thy are horrible and I don't think Chip will do anything of note there, but until we beat them, I'm worried.
    I'm not worried at all anymore and it's arguably the easiest game left on our schedule.

Chip sucks. 1-15 cemented it. He was a right place, right time coach. He's just collecting a fat paycheck at this point.
    I agree, have always thought this to be the case. But in fairness, it took Pete over two years to get the Sark out of the Huskies, and even Carroll and Saban took a year to get USC and Alabama cultures turned around. Gotta say though, that shit happy dance Chip had UCLA doing during the game smacks of a Sarkism. Not a good sign for UCLA. At all.
    Chip caught teams by surprise for a couple years and that was it. All he did was run the hurry up all the time and catch defenses unprepared.

Beyond that, if only UW had a billionaire international sweatshop owner like Phil Knight paying players from the Bible belt with sub-80 IQs to come play in the rainy NW, maybe the Duck Decade could've been the Husky Decade. But I would've hated Kelly @ UW just as much.
    Sure. Uh huh.

[Typing this message on a computer assembled down the block from the Nike sweatshop]
    Creepy not getting it again, as usual.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    edited September 2018

animate said:

Both usc and ucla imploding.

Wilcox.gif licking his chops. Cal is going to be a major beneficiary.

Of what? Cal is perpetual garbage. No one who is serious about football wants to play there.
    Players who want to have fun with their friend the coach play at oregon.
    How can you even talk shit after losing to San Diego State? Your program is dreck of the lowest order.
    @OBK: One word obliterates your pathetic, attention-seeking faggot football team: Uniforms.
    I couldn't give a shit less what some middle aged dood who never set foot outside the state of Washington thinks about our uniforms. They're a hit with the recruits.
    So are low IQs and remedial admission requirements.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

animate said:

Of what? Cal is perpetual garbage. No one who is serious about football wants to play there.
    How can you even talk shit after losing to San Diego State? Your program is dreck of the lowest order.
    @OBK: One word obliterates your pathetic, attention-seeking faggot football team: Uniforms.
    I couldn't give a shit less what some middle aged dood who never set foot outside the state of Washington thinks about our uniforms. They're a hit with the recruits.
    So are low IQs and remedial admission requirements.
    As far as football is concerned, we care about talent and stars. Don't give a fuck about a football player's academis skills or character, as long as those things don't effect his performance on field.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

animate said:

In 2008 maybe.
    Right... Who wouldn't want to put on a brand new uniform and helmet combo for every game? That's money and marketing at work, bitch.
    Other teams do that every game now too. Including half the pac. hth

Although I'm hearing black sleeves are the special thing
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Has anyone considered that the calisthenics might have been some kind of mind-fuck punishment?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    animate said:

Cal:

- is in California
    - is in California

Chinned for the use of 'punani'. Vastly underutilized word.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    BearsWiin said:

animate said:

Cal:

- is in California
    - is in California

NEWSFLASH: Institutional support and quality coaching hires matter

Film at 11
    And?

animate said:

In 2008 maybe.
    Right... Who wouldn't want to put on a brand new uniform and helmet combo for every game? That's money and marketing at work, bitch.
    Other teams do that every game now too. Including half the pac. hth

Although I'm hearing black sleeves are the special thing
    They're like cheap Chinese knock offs compared to the original.

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club

Oregon is a ching chong knock off of actual good teams.

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited September 2018

Oregon is a cheap chinese knock off of actual good teams.

You? faggots took the only other good mascot, and best logo, off your? helmuts for flaming flatware.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    5* Soso Jamabo, now a SR like Gas.

Dayum UCLA. University of regrets when it comes to football man.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

In 2008 maybe.
    Utah is doing the same thing.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    haie said:

animate said:

In 2008 maybe.
    Utah is doing the same thing.
    PUH

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited October 2018

salemcoog said:

A unique challenge for Chipper. He was able to recruit the team (Offense anyway) that He needed at Oregon for 2 years before being handed the reigns.

This more resembles what He had at Philly minus a briefly resurrected Michael Vick. He was a genius and changed College Football at Oregon. But the blueprint has been out for many years on how to defend that Offense.

However if He is able to get the 4 and 5 Star talent to run that Offense, they’ll score big on 81% of the teams they play. That won’t happen for 2 or 3 years though, if it ever does.

Chip will win big at UCLA
    @DerekJohnson - needs more tim? or?
    Doogles said:

No doubt being behind the scenes at Oregon before being the head guy helped that transition, but if you can wait out the storm the results are there. He drafted files, super bowl mvp. I remember in Philly players were complaining how he ran them too hard before games and it made them tired, but stats and analytics showed they were performing better.

Maybe UCLA is cursed, can't explain Ricks implosion, but if they ride the next 3 ugly years out it will get better.

Over 20 seasons at UCLA, Terry Donahue finished 1st or 2nd in conference 12 times and went 3-1 in Rose Bowls when Rose Bowls mattered and the PAC8/PAC10 was the SEC of it's day. Winning is more than possible at UCLA, it just takes the right coach.

Rick had shitty trajectories at Colorado and UW prior to failing at UCLA. Same goes for Mora at Atlanta and Seattle prior to failing at UCLA. Charles Kelly is still in a LIPO situation. He may turn things around or wear out his welcome and get run. The trajectory of his recent track record in the NFL and now at UCLA sucks, not a good sign, time will tell.
    Doogles said:

High octane smoke and mirrors spread offense with small, fast players had a shelf life. Oregon pushed it to the extreme and got further than any other team has (and probably ever will) using that system and those types of players. Even a Heisman QB wasn't good enough. There is no substitute for SEC style, smash mouth football when you're playing the top teams in the nation, so that's where we went. Stanford is always near the top of the conference and they did that by playing a different brand of football than most of the other PAC 12 teams. We out-Stanforded Stanford (not my term, axe Herbstreit) for most of that game, and will probably go to Palo Alto next year and deliver an epic ass kicking.