Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I think there isn't a single facet of the team that is better than last year.

Worse: OL, TE, WR, RB, DL, LB, OC, DC, OL coach
About the same: DE, S, CB, HC, QB, P if healthy.
Jury's still out: PK (we were 3/4 in FG through three games last year, this year 4/5 with a long of just 31).
Better: Nothing

I love the TSIO guys as much as anybody, but don't think they emphasize enough that coaching >>> recruiting. Maybe Huff is signing the Poly HS All-Stars, but the players he's actually coaching, even the ones with talent, look like shit. Even saw Kaleb whiffing all over the place tonight. Harris has no clue how to block on a screen pass. Watty was terrible again. Lake can develop DBs, but he's giving up way too many 3rd down conversions just as he did in the PSU game.

Jake seems uncoachable. UND would have been the time to sit his ass as soon as he runs backward. Sideways or up, or you get benched.

Comments

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Better QB play would help a lot. Wouldn’t make it perfect but would help a lot.
  • Options
    HanseeHall78HanseeHall78 Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He's not Rondeau but Tony Castricone is really good.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm off the OKG wagon. These arent MKGs.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

God you are a stupid fucking retard.

How about... coaching AND recruiting?

That is the point.

EXPECT BOTH YOU DUMB PIECE OF SHIT.

Oh - and why do we suck on the OL? Could be Huff sucks... could also be we have been recruiting like shit there and only have a bunch of freshmen and sophomores to play.

God you are fucking dumb.

Also WRs are better.

Here's what's going on: Hamdan is a moron, Jake is awful, we didn't recruit OL, LB, DL etc.

You are really a stupid fuck if you think anyone wants guys who can recruit who can't coach.

Always both. Always.

Take your meds and calm down, Dennis.

Yes, coaching AND recruiting. But you can't just spout that shit and then not acknowledge that based on your words and the amount of time you spend on each subject, you imply they are at least equal, or that recruiting is more important. The point is that it's not, and it's not even close.

Do we have just a bunch of freshmen and sophomores to play on the OL? No, you fucking self-satisfied fuck, because what I specifically pointed out was that McGary (frosh or soph? check the program) sucked balls out there, just as he did for a good stretch of the Auburn game. And Watty, who has experience, looks fucking WORSE than he did last year.

The WRs are better? Are you fucking real? You think whatever group we throw out there right now are better than Pettis plus essentially that same group? What I'm hearing is that you think Ty Jones (who fucking sucked, btw) is better than Pettis, because other than a damaged Chico coming back, that's the only big difference. Just because we have more guys that looked better to you as teen bois doesn't mean they are actually better PLAYERS.

Yes, Hamdan is being a moron. Yes, Jake is not good. But the OL who came back look worse as well. And the DL is just fine. Once again you are confusing teen boi rankings with performance. I don't see the big dip because we "didn't recruit DL for two years." Gaines is good, Jaylen is good, Levi is pretty good, and Bowman played well yesterday.

This is two games in a row that Huff couldn't get his guys to walk and chew gum at the same time. He better get that shit straightened out. And Lake is not close to K as a DC at this point, either. If Utah wasn't terrible and unlucky both, we lose that game.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    RealRhino said:

That is the point.

Oh - and why do we suck on the OL? Could be Huff sucks... could also be we have been recruiting like shit there and only have a bunch of freshmen and sophomores to play.

Also WRs are better.

Here's what's going on: Hamdan is a moron, Jake is awful, we didn't recruit OL, LB, DL etc.

You are really a stupid fuck if you think anyone wants guys who can recruit who can't coach.

Always both. Always.

Yes, coaching AND recruiting. But you can't just spout that shit and then not acknowledge that based on your words and the amount of time you spend on each subject, you imply they are at least equal, or that recruiting is more important. The point is that it's not, and it's not even close.

Do we have just a bunch of freshmen and sophomores to play on the OL? No, you fucking self-satisfied fuck, because what I specifically pointed out was that McGary (frosh or soph? check the program) sucked balls out there, just as he did for a good stretch of the Auburn game. And Watty, who has experience, looks fucking WORSE than he did last year.

The WRs are better? Are you fucking real? You think whatever group we throw out there right now are better than Pettis plus essentially that same group? What I'm hearing is that you think Ty Jones (who fucking sucked, btw) is better than Pettis, because other than a damaged Chico coming back, that's the only big difference. Just because we have more guys that looked better to you as teen bois doesn't mean they are actually better PLAYERS.

Yes, Hamdan is being a moron. Yes, Jake is not good. But the OL who came back look worse as well. And the DL is just fine. Once again you are confusing teen boi rankings with performance. I don't see the big dip because we "didn't recruit DL for two years." Gaines is good, Jaylen is good, Levi is pretty good, and Bowman played well yesterday.

This is two games in a row that Huff couldn't get his guys to walk and chew gum at the same time. He better get that shit straightened out. And Lake is not close to K as a DC at this point, either. If Utah wasn't terrible and unlucky both, we lose that game.
    I'm a big @RealRhino fan (even @RealRhino2!) but I don't know how you can deny Aaron Fuller is significantly better than last year. Like massively better.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

RealRhino said:

That is the point.

Also WRs are better.

Always both. Always.

I'm a big @RealRhino fan (even @RealRhino2!) but I don't know how you can deny Aaron Fuller is significantly better than last year. Like massively better.
    This.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Strausser was a terrible recruiter who got good play from his line. Huff, so far, has been a good recruiter who gets terrible play from his line.

Perhaps UW medicine could find a way to breed them and create a gay love baby with the desirable traits.

Honestly, Kirkland has been ok, considering how young he is. Hilbers has been ok. The biggest dissapointment has been Watty, but he's also young. The jury is still out on Huff, so let's at least see what one of his lines looks like with a little experience. The biggest issue has been Harris getting injured and Sosebee playing. You can blame Strausser for that lack of depth.