Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A "Finally"...and a "yeah, but..."

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
so winning on the road at night...oh, and at THAT altitude when we don't play very great and our QB is worse now than he was at 7 years old is something that makes me happy. Finally an ugly win on the road when we need it.

We won!!! Yeah, but...it wasn't very comforting that we should have won 42-7 and we begged Utah to stay in the game.

I chuckled at how, to me, it appeared Brownsox tried to imitate some of Haener's jump balls to Ty Jones as if he thought it was all Jones and had nothing to do with Haener's touch.

I am thinking Ahmed is a bit banged up and they only tossed him in there in the 4th quarter to try some kind of change of pace to catch the defense sleeping. It didn't work because our QB's reads and execution are frustratingly slow. Take Ahmed out and rest him another week.

Receivers are still looking good.

Browning just refuses to step up into the pocket to make a throw and insists his instinct for circling the drain backwards is actually what got him into the Heisman conversation 8 years ago.

Our D hits like a Mack truck..impressive shit...felt really bad for the mom of that tiny Utah wideout who had to watch Huntley set her brave little man up for those homicidal routes over and over and over...still, that kid getting up every fucking time and refusing to have any whiny, bitchy look on his face was impressive. Contrast that with our little bitch QB who fucks everything up and then starts getting all cocky because he moved the chains only because Utah takes personal fouls.

Arizona State gets a back-to-back road game at night next week and if I'm not mistake their game finished around midnight...so, hopefully that helps us.

U$C...el oh el...that is pritty, pritty not pretty. I believe they finished the game with -5 yards rushing on the night. Now, given the diva nature of U$C and the long flight back to LA, I expect a bunch of players have already started to chat amongst themselves and we can expect the locker room drama to start any minute. Who wouldn't want to be part of what Clay Helton's building down there?

Oh, maybe 5*s who want to be part of the DO SOMETHING! movement. That is going even worse than I had expected.

Oregon's win against SJSU was meh at best...from the 1/2 I watched, Oregon makes a few long pass TDs on blown coverages, but were not winning the battle of the lines...will be interesting if they ever emerge from their out of conference home schedule.

Wisconsin loses, Notre Dame wins very ugly and although Auburn lost they really should have been up big in that game...they basically just did to LSU what we did to Utah - tried to hand it back to them.

Bama...holy fuck they look unbelievable now that they decided a QB that can throw and/or run is a good thing.

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Despite highly questionable coaching decisions these are exciting times.

My only long term concern really is whether Peterman can take his coaching and program management to the next level a la Saban.

We are levelling up big-time and 3-4 years from now when we have matching offensive and defensive line along with our defensive backfield obliterating everything ... will that mask Peterman's deficiencies? Because he just rode the talent?

Or will he take the next step?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

so winning on the road at night...oh, and at THAT altitude when we don't play very great and our QB is worse now than he was at 7 years old is something that makes me happy. Finally an ugly win on the road when we need it.

We won!!! Yeah, but...it wasn't very comforting that we should have won 42-7 and we begged Utah to stay in the game.

I chuckled at how, to me, it appeared Brownsox tried to imitate some of Haener's jump balls to Ty Jones as if he thought it was all Jones and had nothing to do with Haener's touch.

I am thinking Ahmed is a bit banged up and they only tossed him in there in the 4th quarter to try some kind of change of pace to catch the defense sleeping. It didn't work because our QB's reads and execution are frustratingly slow. Take Ahmed out and rest him another week.

Receivers are still looking good.

Browning just refuses to step up into the pocket to make a throw and insists his instinct for circling the drain backwards is actually what got him into the Heisman conversation 8 years ago.

Our D hits like a Mack truck..impressive shit...felt really bad for the mom of that tiny Utah wideout who had to watch Huntley set her brave little man up for those homicidal routes over and over and over...still, that kid getting up every fucking time and refusing to have any whiny, bitchy look on his face was impressive. Contrast that with our little bitch QB who fucks everything up and then starts getting all cocky because he moved the chains only because Utah takes personal fouls.

Arizona State gets a back-to-back road game at night next week and if I'm not mistake their game finished around midnight...so, hopefully that helps us.

U$C...el oh el...that is pritty, pritty not pretty. I believe they finished the game with -5 yards rushing on the night. Now, given the diva nature of U$C and the long flight back to LA, I expect a bunch of players have already started to chat amongst themselves and we can expect the locker room drama to start any minute. Who wouldn't want to be part of what Clay Helton's building down there?

Oh, maybe 5*s who want to be part of the DO SOMETHING! movement. That is going even worse than I had expected.

Oregon's win against SJSU was meh at best...from the 1/2 I watched, Oregon makes a few long pass TDs on blown coverages, but were not winning the battle of the lines...will be interesting if they ever emerge from their out of conference home schedule.

Wisconsin loses, Notre Dame wins very ugly and although Auburn lost they really should have been up big in that game...they basically just did to LSU what we did to Utah - tried to hand it back to them.

Bama...holy fuck they look unbelievable now that they decided a QB that can throw and/or run is a good thing.

• Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Great post AANDY!
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    animate said:

My only long term concern really is whether Peterman can take his coaching and program management to the next level a la Saban.

We are levelling up big-time and 3-4 years from now when we have matching offensive and defensive line along with our defensive backfield obliterating everything ... will that mask Peterman's deficiencies? Because he just rode the talent?

I’ll help you out: Pete will never build a program like Saban has. I’d argue he’s the greatest coach in American sports history (sorry Wooden). There’s no reason to even try to set what he’s done as any kind of standard for any program, let alone ours.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,537
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

animate said:

I’ll help you out: Pete will never build a program like Saban has. I’d argue he’s the greatest coach in American sports history (sorry Wooden). There’s no reason to even try to set what he’s done as any kind of standard for any program, let alone ours.

This. We just need to stack pac 12 champs like cord wood, win some fucking NY6 games, and maybe get some 2 or 3 seeds in the playoffs.

We are never beating Alabama