Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The case for the defense

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited September 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
unfortunately does not start with thinking they are a great defense. Just a good one that seems confident playing shitty Pac 12 teams. The DAWGS had something to do with the retarded efforts by our UTES last night but I quite honestly don't know how much

I can see Stanford holding the ball for 40 minutes against us. I can see us being the bully against most of the rest of the schedule

My favorite thing is how our coaches teach our guys to absolutely destroy people without getting run from the game. It is what you need today to remain intimidating.

Lacking play makers at key spots but the overall scheme works pretty well

I think you do need a great defense to over come Browning so its white knuckles the rest of the way. When you go on the road and have a chance to stretch the lead out and your QB is a retarded rabbit you can end up regretting it.

Why won't every team we play send 9 guys at Browning on every passing play? That was just fucking embarrassing. Both the line and QB1001 suck bad.

Fix it or pack your fucking bags and get the fuck out

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Live look in at ASU preparing their offense for next week:

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Pass rush is still a problem. Accurate QB's can dink and dunk us to death. We hit so hard that it masks how conservative we actually are on defense.

We were actually playing man yesterday. I liked it
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Utah was 9-19 on 3rd down which is too high of %

Their 2nd drive td is our Achilles heal. Nothing about the series other than Hundley's scramble makes you oh shit, but 3-4 yards on 1st, ditto on 2nd and then it's 3rd and 2 or 3 and the offense gets just enough for the 1st down and repeat as necessary.
  • Cuogar_GoldCuogar_Gold Member Posts: 360
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Pass rush is still a problem. Accurate QB's can dink and dunk us to death. We hit so hard that it masks how conservative we actually are on defense.

You have to sustain tee'ing up your receivers for 70 yards though.

1-2 fumble recoveries is the ball game in modern cfb.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2018

Was going to comment on the pass rush earlier, but too much other shit came to mind. Maybe Potoa’e should have been a hands down DE at UW or a MIK LB. Whatever, he’s definitely not a fluid lightning quick pass rusher. And neither is Ngata...at least not right now.

Amandre Williams...don’t even know what to say.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Yeah. I worry that Stanford is gonna tear us up in the passing game again. Costello isnt spectacular but Arcega-Whiteside is amazing and last year our DB strategy was "let them catch the ball, just dont get beat deep."