Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Escape Clause in Petersen Contract

Could this come into play? If Pete smells trouble he might want out and have a way out of his UW contract.

One paragraph in the Memorandum of Understanding signed by new UW coach Chris Petersen and athletic director Scott Woodward on Dec. 6 reads:

“In connection with making this offer, the University represents to you that there is no pending or threatened investigation by the NCAA or Pac-12 Conference of major violations alleged to have arisen out of the conduct of its Football Program, nor does it have knowledge or reasonable belief of conduct involving the Football Program that violation such legislation. We acknowledge that your acceptance of this offer is in reliance on this representation.”

That would seem to confirm the account of Mike Davis, who told The Seattle Times on Wednesday night that he had reported the alleged violations to the NCAA late last week. Davis was a Lynnwood High track and field coach who assisted recruit Andrew Basham.

Comments

• Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I give that a ZERO chance of happening. Pete's here and going to stay here.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So mike Davis is the snitch?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Question is the motivation of Mike Davis Damone. Why the hell is he coming out with this?
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    So is Petersen headed to Texas?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Question is the motivation of Mike Davis Damone. Why the hell is he coming out with this?

I would. Tosh is a piece of shit and so is sark. I'm just glad he waited until sark was gone.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Petersen won't use that clause.

Stop worrying.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Stop worrying.

Yeah, so I'm worried, I'm freaked the fuck out about this whole thing.

Why are you so confident that he won't explore this clause?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Stop worrying.

why would he? Have you seen the amount he is being paid? What's the upside in bailing over this?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Stop worrying.

why would he? Have you seen the amount he is being paid? What's the upside in bailing over this?

The over/under is Texas.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Texas is a place where you will ultimately be fired. It's not in the NW and is totally foreign to Coach Pete. Too far out of his comfort zone. Just not going to happen.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Stop worrying.

The Texas job. He would be paid more money and not have the NCAA snooping around with the potential of sanctions.

If the NCAA is consistent in anything, it's their inconsistency regarding investigations, sanctions, etc. This is gonna be a shit-show for months at least. After the PAC12/USC/UW perform their investigations, which will take who knows how fucking long (See PAC12's Leach player abuse claim investigation), the NCAA is going to perform their own investigation. Prior NCAA cases have shown this will most likely take several months. Then, they have to make a ruling, more time, and hand down punishments/sanctions. It's never a good situation when the NCAA comes sniffin' around your program, regardless of the circumstances. FML

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

Stop worrying.

The over/under is Texas.
    disagreee
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Stop worrying.

The Texas job. He would be paid more money and not have the NCAA snooping around with the potential of sanctions.

If the NCAA is consistent in anything, it's their inconsistency regarding investigations, sanctions, etc. This is gonna be a shit-show for months at least. After the PAC12/USC/UW perform their investigations, which will take who knows how fucking long (See PAC12's Leach player abuse claim investigation), the NCAA is going to perform their own investigation. Prior NCAA cases have shown this will most likely take several months. Then, they have to make a ruling, more time, and hand down punishments/sanctions. It's never a good situation when the NCAA comes sniffin' around your program, regardless of the circumstances. FML

he isn't going to Texas. Jesus

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Stop worrying.

The over/under is Texas.
    disagreee
    you would
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Texas is a place where you will ultimately be fired. It's not in the NW and is totally foreign to Coach Pete. Too far out of his comfort zone. Just not going to happen.

True. There are few expectations in Montlake these days and now He has a built-in excuse should he fall short of that 8-4 threshold the first couple seasons.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Texas didn't show Mack the door so they could hire a guy who last stood on the Boise State sideline. Sheesh...
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

First of all, Texas isn't hiring Chris Petersen. They are aiming for the stars here and are going to wave their $10 million until some homerun hire takes it. That's not going to be Pete.

But don't kid yourself, Mack Brown won 2 conference championships in 13 years before he got fired, and was Stoops' bitch for years. This isn't Alabama expectations. Texas is probably the cushiest job in the country when you consider the pay, facilities, recruiting base and mediocre expectations. Also living in Austin ain't too shabby.

Some pro or former pro coach is going to take their money. If not then it will be Briles or Sumlin or someone "who knows Texas". They're not coming after Chris Petersen.
  • Options
    DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

You think he has any chance of enforcing his no media thing in Texas? It's a lot easier to tell Kim to fuck off than the Longhorn Network. Quit worrying.

Stop worrying.