Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The receivers

So I know it's been discussed, but ho. lee. crap. have the wr's exceeded expectations already. Fuller looks like a bona fide star, Jones is a future NFL star if he can get a little more consistent with his hands, and Pounds has surprised everyone but Pumpeii with his explosiveness.

I can't remember feeling that good about UW's third best receiver since the days of Reggie, PA and ET, and honestly ET didn't perform nearly as well at that point as Pounds has looked so far.

We all thought Jones would be a star, but basically everyone would have been thrilled if Pounds transferred this offseason (including me) and me and maybe one other person believed in Fuller. So what happened? Were those guys underrated because they didn't have recruiting hype, or has Lubick (and maybe Bush?) coached them up significantly? Abundance?

For a position most worried about coming into the year WR has turned into our greatest position offensively IMO and that's before we even get to the depth of Cooks, Bynum who I think will be very good once they can crack the lineup, or Spiker, Osbourne and Lowe (who I think will all three be able to redshirt and bulk up). I'll probably never forgive Baccellia for his OPI against Auburn, and Chin's legacy will simply be HH vernacular, but outside of those two the WR position looks like a huge strength now and even better going forward.

Who gets the credit here, Lubick, Bush, Pete, luck, abundance?

Comments