Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is Sark already making excuses?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
These do not sound like the words of a champion.

"It's definitely unique and different," he said. "For us, being in the Pac-12 North, the emergence of so many programs compared to what this conference used to be. This conference used to be the haves and the have-nots. Now, there's a lot of parity in our conference. The growth or Oregon, the growth of Stanford, what UCLA did last year, SC year-in and year-out, the growth of our program, what Mike Riley's done at Oregon State, RichRod at Arizona, Arizona State.
"There's just a lot of parity. And then, now, by breaking it up north and south, not only do you have to win the conference; first, you have to win your division. Then when you can win your division, we might have to beat a team from the south that we have already played and maybe beaten or not. There's a great deal of challenge in this conference, but it's tremendous.
"The recruiting has really stepped up. Guys are recruiting really good football players. Obviously, the quality of coaches has increased. That's why it's a really good conference. It's hard."

coachingsearch.com/home/3483-steve-sarkisian-this-is-the-best-team-weve-had.html

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,084
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When Sark was hired, he talked about pride, championships, etc. Now he talks about how tough things are and parity.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    he has every right to talk about parity and scheduling and competition until he at least gets his guys in and we aren't young. Hey, at least he "built a house" with Ty's guys... imagine what he'll build with his guys!!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    So far I have heard 2 excuses as to why we should expect and be happy with 7 or 8 wins
    1) Our DL is gonna suck because Tosh and Wilcox don't have "their guys" yet (Kim has been pimping this one to the max)
    2) The Pac-12 is just too good (this absolutely blows my mind. What kind of loser-mentality fan base says "gee, we improved a lot this year. Too bad the rest of the league was so good.")
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013
    It would be one thing if these 7-6 teams had few blowouts, close losses and with an infusion of more talent could make a big jump to 10+ wins. His teams are wildly inconsistent, terrible on the road, lack real toughness and always have holes. With 18 returning starters, a senior QB, and 7 guys who are at or slightly below the top of the conference at their position (ASJ, Sankey, Williams, Shelton, Shaq, Timu, Parker) you'd think 9+ wins would be a lock.

He's an even worse offensive coordinator. UW needs to can this fucking clown or find a way to push him out. His rah-rah shit was appropriate in year 1 but its worn out his welcome. His bs talk is only exceeded by that of Kim Grinolds.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Sark sucks, he needs to call more screen passes

Well, the screen pass has always been a safe outlet. So is rolling right and slingling the football into the 300-level every single 3rd and 7

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Well, the screen pass has always been a safe outlet. So is rolling right and slingling the football into the 300-level every single 3rd and 7

Hyperbole much? I've never seen him get it past the Don James center, let alone the 300 level.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    I paid good money for my 300 level seats last year just to have a chance at a Price pass. I think you can imagine the level of disappointment I felt.

Hyperbole much? I've never seen him get it past the Don James center, let alone the 300 level.