Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Onto North Dakota. 5 Reasons.

Comments

• Options
    siouxfan512siouxfan512 Member Posts: 14
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Just curious, do you guys care to know anything about our team for this game or are you all basically content to show up for the anonymous slaughter?

I'd like to know how your hockey team looks this year.
    I'd like to know when Washington is going to get hockey. Time to get a PAC12 conference going. UND should be a contender, definitely better than last season. Not sure what happened, but it was the first time since like 02-03 that we didn't make the NCAA tourney.
    We have a hockey team. It's just at a lower level of competition. Last I checked it was a club sport. I believe they are in a league with a bunch of pacific teams who are equally shitty. UCLA, Long Beach State, etc.
    You guys are close enough to Canada to be able to pull down some solid recruits if a D1 program were put in place. I've always though the Pacific Northwest was an area of untapped potential when it comes to hockey and fans.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

A couple interesting things, you may, or may not know about UND.

- Home to famous alumni, the Zen Master, Phil Jackson. Played basketball and, I believe Baseball, for UND.
    - Big time hockey school. 8 time Nat’l Champs, who play in a 100 million dollar arena donated by alumni Ralph Engelstad who owned the Imperial Palace in Las Vegas. Worth googling to check it out, truly like watching a college game in an NHL arena.

I hate that you guys changed your name. I get changing fucking bullshit like 'Redskins' (ISAFNRC) and 'Indians' (OK! Super Creative!) - but the tribe names were always dope to me.

Can I kill someone and get it back? Or is it more complicated than that?
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

- Home to famous alumni, the Zen Master, Phil Jackson. Played basketball and, I believe Baseball, for UND.
    - Big time hockey school. 8 time Nat’l Champs, who play in a 100 million dollar arena donated by alumni Ralph Engelstad who owned the Imperial Palace in Las Vegas. Worth googling to check it out, truly like watching a college game in an NHL arena.

I hate that you guys changed your name. I get changing fucking bullshit like 'Redskins' (ISAFNRC) and 'Indians' (OK! Super Creative!) - but the tribe names were always dope to me.

No but you can buy some marginalized hipster swag to support the native people!
  • Options

Wish it was that easy. It was a mess and a drawn out process. We had approval from one of two tribes to use the name. The second tribe that was actually, mostly, in South Dakota wouldn't let their people vote, thus we didn't not have the NC$$ approval to keep it. Sucks, cuz it was a cool unique name with a sweet logo. So not we have a generic name with the post office logo. Woohoo
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Wish it was that easy. It was a mess and a drawn out process. We had approval from one of two tribes to use the name. The second tribe that was actually, mostly, in South Dakota wouldn't let their people vote, thus we didn't not have the NC$$ approval to keep it. Sucks, cuz it was a cool unique name with a sweet logo. So not we have a generic name with the post office logo. Woohoo
    Well, if it makes you feel any better - we destroyed our own program on purpose. Didn't take a non-vote from anyone or NCAA interference.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Well, if it makes you feel any better - we destroyed our own program on purpose. Didn't take a non-vote from anyone or NCAA interference.
    It is travesty we moved away from the Sundogers name, can’t believe it was so offensive to tan people. Sad!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

It is travesty we moved away from the Sundogers name, can’t believe it was so offensive to tan people. Sad!
    The move to Friday Harbor did wonders for the sun tint
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
  • Options
    Do you guys usually do a Game Day Thread, or does most of the chatter just happen here during the game?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341

Do you guys usually do a Game Day Thread, or does most of the chatter just happen here during the game?

96 pages of dreck for Awburn.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/50381/official-washington-auburn-game-thread-sponsored-by-jimmy-dean-sausage#latest
  • Options

What about Carson Wentz?
    The Ginger Jesus?? Could you find a kid, more North Dakotan? That kid is paler than the Gods of Winter, and tougher than a flippin nail.

Wish I could claim that kids talents, and personality. Kid is pure class. Guy bought his whole O-Line shotguns, and lives life through the good Lord. Might be a damn Bison, but he is one Bison I can't talk trash about. That being said, the Bison, and the Eagles are pure garbage.