Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A little late

2»

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I can't afford cigars or fancy boxes to keep them in. Thanks white people.

FYI I told Yellow about this but this is what I got to start and it actually works pretty damn good once I got it dialed in. Takes more work than a bigger/better one to get it there but once it's dialed in so long as you leave it shut most of the time it is pretty effective. Probably not as important in the Souf' to keep your cigars in a box though. My grand father in law in florida just keeps them in regular boxes bc the humidity is so damn high.

Humidor for under $30
    A humidor is a good idea, even in humid climates. Air conditioning dries them out in no time.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,251
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I got a humidor a year ago. Really makes a difference
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I got a humidor a year ago. Really makes a difference

• Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2018

but better than never I suppose. Last weekends camping activities.

Smoked the Romeo and Juliet reserva but didn't count on the altitude factor. Had to really keep puffing to keep it lit bc of the low oxygen rate. Wish I had saved it for a different time but oh well. It was pretty good anyways. Realized quickly I couldn't smoke a cigar that hard and continue reading so gave up and listened to the TSIO podcasts and contemplated my upcoming recording project instead.

Straight, V, or punch? Did you consider as more aggressive cut to try and loosen the draw?

*edit looks like a torpedo which I usually avoid based on frequent experiences with a tight draw. It's a real bummer
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Ziplock and a lettuce leaf works too. So there’s that.
    I use lemon, orange, or lime rinds in a bag when I travel. Works great.
    Shit man, a good travel humidor is cheap and worth it if not just to keep them from getting banged around
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

FYI I told Yellow about this but this is what I got to start and it actually works pretty damn good once I got it dialed in. Takes more work than a bigger/better one to get it there but once it's dialed in so long as you leave it shut most of the time it is pretty effective. Probably not as important in the Souf' to keep your cigars in a box though. My grand father in law in florida just keeps them in regular boxes bc the humidity is so damn high.

Humidor for under $30
    Definitely work fine but get a digital hygrometer for it. The hygro in that range of humidor are really just decoration. In fact, I'd suggest avoiding that dial up front at all, not only is it unreliable but the fit is often sloppy and susceptible to leaking humidity
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,202
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

but better than never I suppose. Last weekends camping activities.

Smoked the Romeo and Juliet reserva but didn't count on the altitude factor. Had to really keep puffing to keep it lit bc of the low oxygen rate. Wish I had saved it for a different time but oh well. It was pretty good anyways. Realized quickly I couldn't smoke a cigar that hard and continue reading so gave up and listened to the TSIO podcasts and contemplated my upcoming recording project instead.

Straight, V, or punch? Did you consider as more aggressive cut to try and loosen the draw?

*edit looks like a torpedo which I usually avoid based on frequent experiences with a tight draw. It's a real bummer
    Punch, loosened it up but it wasn't the draw that was the problem. It was fine as long as I was actually drawing on it it just would go out quickly as soon as I wasn't.