Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TBS: Offensive line

We all know Sark fucked us long term with like 80% of the OL group graduating next year and then we will be left with 3 or 4 guys if they don't retire from injury in between.
I see Petersen has allegedly picked up a few commits this week, but none of them on the OL.
My question to the TBS followers: where do we stand right now for the 2014 class for offensive linemen?

Comments

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Your eyes are as good as mine, okay?
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    You should have been in chat. We spent at least 27 minutes covering the Oline.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    The offensive line is in great position, nothing to see here. Move along.
  • I'm hearing there is a bumper crop of lineman for 2015. It's not an issue at all, anyone who thinks the OL is a concern obviously has an agenda and will be given a timeout.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    There appears to be one 4-star and a couple of 3-star OL prospects still uncommitted that might consider UW. Below those three, there are a bunch of 2-star/NR recruits as well as one or two JC guys at least as mentioned on Scout's recruiting list. Don't forget the two 2013 OL/DL recruits who greyshirted and may now be in limbo with Sark gone to USC and a new head coach at UW.

One disturbing thing that I've read recently is baloney coming from recruiting experts that we shouldn't fret about not getting a full compliment of OLmen in the 2014 class because 2015 is suppose to be a great year for recruits both in-state and generally along the west coast. Man, how many times have we heard that old saw? Sark's poor recruiting of the line positions is the one roster weakness that I think Petersen will have to address immediately.

It will interesting to see what our new coach does to fill the obvious hole in experienced OL depth coming in 2015. I almost expect that Pete will sign two or three under-the-radar kids along with whatever he can get from the star-rated list including a JC or two, and then work like hell to get them ready for 2015 and beyond. That's what the Dawgfather would have done under the same circumstances, but recruiting in 2013-2014 is so much changed from what it was in 1975-76, especially at the hard-to-get OL/DL positions.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    it's pretty shitty that you all forced Sark to want to leave because he was just getting his guys in here and the o-line was going to be the piece de resistance of Sarkball.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think he better get 3-4 on board and settle for warm bodies if that's all he can muster. Top OL are tough to come by and it's going to take a few weeks to get any momentum going on that front. There will still be time for the warm body search during the final week if necessary.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2013
    All we got under Sark after 2010 was warm bodies on the OL, so if we do it again this year, it will be very short sighted to complain. Besides, I thought 2015 was the bumper crop anyways.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,568 Founders Club
    There are two not-on-paper commits iirc. One is that kid from the valley of the heat stroke (Phx) and there were some questions as to if he will end up at UW. I think Petersen gets it way more than dude brah and will be able to plug some holes by 2015, although the situation won't be ideal.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    And it took a totally separate message board out there all by it's lonesome at Dm.c for us to openly discuss Sark's offensive line recruiting and development problems. In doogman style football, it's not that the OL should be of critical importance in the rebuilding UW's football program, but that OL discussions that by design must be critical of Sark and his OL guru Cozzetto were simply too tedious and boring for wasting time and space on any primary Husky message board. We had best be careful here or mods will banish those of us watching the OL to the cold outer-space of a Plutonic board dedicated to those obscure hunks of the trenches where games are won or your team gets plungered.
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581

I'm hearing there is a bumper crop of lineman for 2015. It's not an issue at all, anyone who thinks the OL is a concern obviously has an agenda and will be given a timeout.

Great, so the OL will be okay in 2017 and 2019 could be special?

• This post never gets old. This is Kim assuring everyone back in 2011 that our OL recruiting will be fine and everyone needs to relax.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    Yes, 2019 will be very special.

Relax.
    section8 said:

I'm hearing there is a bumper crop of lineman for 2015. It's not an issue at all, anyone who thinks the OL is a concern obviously has an agenda and will be given a timeout.

Great, so the OL will be okay in 2017 and 2019 could be special?

• HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,257
    Petersen will likely sign these guys for 2014 class:

Troy Bacon 6'4" 280lb
    Matt James 6'5" 270lb
    Kaleb McGary 6'8" 280lb
    Andrew Mike 6'7" 285lb
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

Petersen will likely sign these guys for 2014 class:

Troy Bacon 6'4" 280lb
    Matt James 6'5" 270lb
    Kaleb McGary 6'8" 280lb
    Andrew Mike 6'7" 285lb

I can live with that for this class.

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

We all know Sark fucked us long term with like 80% of the OL group graduating next year and then we will be left with 3 or 4 guys if they don't retire from injury in between.
    I see Petersen has allegedly picked up a few commits this week, but none of them on the OL.
    My question to the TBS followers: where do we stand right now for the 2014 class for offensive linemen?

Fuck dude, you've already done the math. Why even ask the question!
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    Unless our the Offensive line starts taking steroids it doesn't really matter who we bring in.
  • Petersen will likely sign these guys for 2014 class:

Troy Bacon 6'4" 280lb
    Matt James 6'5" 270lb
    Kaleb McGary 6'8" 280lb
    Andrew Mike 6'7" 285lb

Kim Grinolds Passion will still complain that Petersen can't recruit with the "big boys".
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    We got Atoe, don't worry