Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Chris Petersen on with Petros (FML) and Money just now

"Our staff does a great job of identifying talent, we don't care about stars or who offered who. Our coaches have done a great job of developing talent, maximizing talent and coaching kids up. That is what we will continue to do at Washington"

"We don't look at it as recruiting a player, we look at it as finding a player that fits. I never want a kid to come to my office and say, 'this isn't what you said it was going to be like, coach'. I haven't had that happen and I don't want it to happen. We are going to tell them how hard it is going to be and show them what they can get out of it if they are willing to work, because that is what we do, we work"

FUCK. The idiots on doogman will take this as a coach that doesn't care about African Americans and only wants guys that are negative 3 star players. MY JACK LOCKNER I LOVE THAT PHILOSOPHY.

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    And the "big fish" will start biting too. It's going to be OK.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club
  • LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    Definitely the anti-Sark
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,695 Founders Club
    I'm pretty sure they work hard at Bama. Petersen's philosophy will work with elite athletes. Its how you get to the league
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Butch Goncharoff approves.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Steve Empterman was the original 2 star OKG.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Did he at least say Awesome a few times and repeat he's focusing on winning championships?
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866

Fuck the little men at Doogman.
    Petersen gets it.
    They don't.
  • I love how he emphasized telling players that it's going to be hard so if a player comes here we know he isn't a soft pussy like an ASJ.

I know ASJ is talented and will play on Sunday's. However, I'm curious had Petersen been here when ASJ was a heralded 5 star would Petersen even gone after him? He doesn't feel like an OKG to me.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

I love how he emphasized telling players that it's going to be hard so if a player comes here we know he isn't a soft pussy like an ASJ.

I know ASJ is talented and will play on Sunday's. However, I'm curious had Petersen been here when ASJ was a heralded 5 star would Petersen even gone after him? He doesn't feel like an OKG to me.

ASJ came to UW as a big talented kid who was thrown into Pac-12 competition while still being one-dimensional as a collegiate TE. He showed us as a raw freshmen just how skillful he could be as a pass receiver capable of pulling down passes thrown too high for defenders to touch,.....and ASJ sometimes showed us unusual skill for a big man in advancing the ball on the ground following a reception. But ASJ in his first two years as a Husky showed us no perceptible improvement that I could see. He continued to carry too much dead weight, struggled to get separation from defenders as a prime offensive threat, and seemed to be of lesser help to his QB who was under constant siege behind a mediocre (pass blocking-wise) offensive line. As a true sophomore, ASJ was more of an overweight, tall ball catching WR than a prototypical TE.

But to give ASJ credit, his blocking for the Husky running attack and in pass-protection, when kept inside for that purpose, noticeably improved as the 2013 season progressed. It was time to get ready for the NFL draft and I think ASJ has finally started to become the multi-purpose TE that the NFL will always covet. Why he didn't work harder on his conditioning and the grunt part of his game from day one at Montlake is now a mute question. In far too many ways, the same mute question could be asked about nearly ever interior offensive linemen who've played their entire Husky careers thus far in Sark's program under Cozzetto's tutelage.

Petersen has always had good multi-purpose TE's at Boise who can block and are downfield threats in his passing attack. He often uses two TE formations for his running game and will sometimes send both TE's out on passing routes. I think Pete would love to have TE recruits with ASJ's athleticism and potential, but they like every other OKG he signs on LOI day would have to accept the hard work necessary to become the best they can be. What's most exciting for me is that coach Petersen will have so much more raw athletic talent to work with at UW than he ever had at BSU to go with the fundamentals and discipline of hard work that has been missing from Husky Football, especially on offense, for far too long.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    For you linking tards
    http://www.foxsportsradio.com/articles/petros-and-money-on-the-show-391992/pms-chris-petersen-11916006/

What's the over/under on media stop axxeing CP why he finally left Boysee State in every interview? 18 months?
  • For you linking tards
    http://www.foxsportsradio.com/articles/petros-and-money-on-the-show-391992/pms-chris-petersen-11916006/

What's the over/under on media stop axxeing CP why he finally left Boysee State in every interview? 18 months?

Did you know that Isaiah Thomas name came from a bet his dad made?

Also Jerome Bettis is from Detroit did you know that?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

Also Jerome Bettis is from Detroit did you know that?

You leave the Buss out of this. Hero to every fat kid playing on the line in 90s who just knew they could tote the rock too.