Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Noles fans already done with taggart.

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Helfrich was the right hire at the right time. Proof is in the pudding, Oregon got to the title game. He should have been fired on the 50 yard line after the game though.

Quooks gonna quook
    Show me how it's wrong. I'll take any coach, shit or otherwise, for 2 years if it means getting a crack at the natty. Then hop off the train immediately after the game and fire him.
    Frost would have taken that team to the title, and won it
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Cristobal won a Pizzeria Bowl. Taggart had a under 500 tenure at USF. Big difference imo.

Impressive. Not as impressive as Pete's Heart of Dallas Bowl win, but still.
    Mario's big game as a coach is a bowl win over Toledo with a game winning field goal. During this time Pete was having undefeated seasons at Boise.
    Pimping Boise wins now.

Think you’ve lost the argument, pal.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

Helfrich was the right hire at the right time. Proof is in the pudding, Oregon got to the title game. He should have been fired on the 50 yard line after the game though.

Quooks gonna quook
    Show me how it's wrong. I'll take any coach, shit or otherwise, for 2 years if it means getting a crack at the natty. Then hop off the train immediately after the game and fire him.
    Frost would have taken that team to the title, and won it
    Frost was obviously the right hire from that staff looking back but people have jobs to protect. If Rob Mullens hires him with basically no track record at all and he sucked then both would have gotten canned.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Cristobal won a Pizzeria Bowl. Taggart had a under 500 tenure at USF. Big difference imo.

Mario's big game as a coach is a bowl win over Toledo with a game winning field goal. During this time Pete was having undefeated seasons at Boise.
    Pimping Boise wins now.

Yes comparing coaching situations with their past body of work. How dare I.
  • Options

Quooks gonna quook
    the right coach might have won you a natty at that time. HTH
    The right coach may have won you a playoff game.

Or beaten Penn State,

Or an above average Auburn...

Will agree with others on Frost. Though none of you were saying it at the time. Lots of hindsight there.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Pimping Boise wins now.

Yes comparing coaching situations with their past body of work. How dare I.
    Would assume you wouldn’t be doing this at all had Peterson won anything yet at WASHINGTON.

You’ve entered into a conversation about who was a better coach at their last job.

You’re losing.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Quooks gonna quook
    No one was rooting for Oregon more than derek
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Quooks gonna quook
    The right coach won the playoff game vs Florida State, did his job and got to the championship. No one was beating that Ohio State team that year. Not Wisconsin, who didn't score a single point on them, not Bama or Oregon. Didn't help that fucktard Chip Kelly allowed Urban Meyer to shadow him for months and steal his shit.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Lotta hypothetical bullshit in this thred
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2018

Quooks gonna quook
    The right coach won the playoff game vs Florida State, did his job and got to the championship. No one was beating that Ohio State team that year. Not Wisconsin, who didn't score a single point on them, not Bama or Oregon. Didn't help that fucktard Chip Kelly allowed Urban Meyer to shadow him for months and steal his shit.
    That team wasn't world beaters. Urban almost coached himself a loss had he not realized to stop throwing it late in the third quarter. Oregon could have won that game had they jumped out to a 14-0, 17-0 lead, which they may have had had they converted that fourth down in the first quarter on their side of the field. Get a touchdown on that drive, they might have taken Zeke out of the game. Urban almost did that without the help, imagine if Oregon actually had a big early lead.

That was one advantage of the blur offense. When Oregon jumped out to early leads, teams panicked and started to try and outscore Oregon more than actually win the line of scrimmage.
  • Options

Quooks gonna quook
    That team wasn't world beaters. Urban almost coached himself a loss had he not realized to stop throwing it late in the third quarter. Oregon could have won that game had they jumped out to a 14-0, 17-0 lead, which they may have had had they converted that fourth down in the first quarter on their side of the field. Get a touchdown on that drive, they might have taken Zeke out of the game. Urban almost did that without the help, imagine if Oregon actually had a big early lead.

That was one advantage of the blur offense. When Oregon jumped out to early leads, teams panicked and started to try and outscore Oregon more than actually win the line of scrimmage.
    Re=watch the OSU vs Wisconsin/Bama games then get back to me.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Quooks gonna quook

Re=watch the OSU vs Wisconsin/Bama games then get back to me.
    I watched both.

Wisconsin was a 9 win team at that point in a very down Big 10. They did not beat one team that finished the season in the top 25 except for Auburn in the bowl game #19 in overtime. The only reason they were in that Big 10 title game was because their division was shit. Minnesota and Nebraska tied for second in that division. Michigan St. would have been in this game had they not been in Ohio State's division. Wisconsin was basically UCLA during the Oregon/Stanford North dominance. The sacrificial lamb for the true conference champ. 59-0 is crazy, but not crazy when you realize that Ohio State had to beat them bad to jump into the playoffs. Wisconsin quit mid 2nd quarter, but Ohio State had to win by as much as possible and never took the gas off. Most times, teams would have laid off the gas in the second half. This situation was different.

Alabama was not prepared for the vertical passing game that Cardale Jones provided. Their offense was also pretty one dimensional. Outside of Amare Cooper, they didn't have a huge receiving threat, and they also had poor qb play. That team was flawed. They were undefeated but they didn't blow teams out consistently like they did in previous seasons. Counting the Ohio State game, Alabama had 5 games decided by 7 points or less. That wasn't typical of Alabama.

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

But the ducks stood by him all the way up until the end.

Especially the jacks that don't belong like @Mosster47

He lied to us until the very end. Hell he took a recruiting trip for the Ducks to Texas to lie to a recruit and used it to meet with FSU administrators on the damned recruiting trip.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    DJDuck said:

haie said:

But the ducks stood by him all the way up until the end.

Especially the jacks that don't belong like @Mosster47

He lied to us until the very end. Hell he took a recruiting trip for the Ducks to Texas to lie to a recruit and used it to meet with FSU administrators on the damned recruiting trip.
    Any idiot knew when they saw the photo of him and the recruit that he was gone. Every picture he did before with a recruit he had on full Duck gear, while that one he was wearing a suit. Not a flashy, look at me I have style suit, but an I have a job interview to get to right after this suit. It was obvious. In the end, it might have worked out. I'm still LIPO on Cristoball, but at worst we exchanged a pile of shit for a different pile of shit.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/oregon-ad-willie-taggart-lied-contact-fsu/413836

Also Travis Dye was being recruited by Oregon and his brother all PAC 12 LB Troy Dye was there and said he lied to his Dad.

You can find articles about this.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/oregon-ad-willie-taggart-lied-contact-fsu/413836

Also Travis Dye was being recruited by Oregon and his brother all PAC 12 LB Troy Dye was there and said he lied to his Dad.

You can find articles about this.

Most coaches lie when it comes to contacting a school for another coaching job. They just don't use a booster's plane as transportation to the job interview. That's really the only thing that pissed me off about it.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Regardless, FSU spared Oregon a minimum 3 years of additional waiting time before we're back in the playoffs. Letting it play out with Taggart would have been a terrible waste of time, money and fan goodwill. They thought they were getting revenge from the Playoff plungering we dealt them. In reality it was simply round 2 of the beatdown.
  • Options

Regardless, FSU spared Oregon a minimum 3 years of additional waiting time before we're back in the playoffs. Letting it play out with Taggart would have been a terrible waste of time, money and fan goodwill. They thought they were getting revenge from the Playoff plungering we dealt them. In reality it was simply round 2 of the beatdown.

Nothing was spared if Cristobal isn't the right guy. That's what we're trying to say. In a perfect world, yeah, but we still don't know what kind of coach Cristobal will be at Oregon.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Nothing was spared if Cristobal isn't the right guy. That's what we're trying to say. In a perfect world, yeah, but we still don't know what kind of coach Cristobal will be at Oregon.
    Bullshit. Taggart going door ass out after 1 year instead of 4 saves 3 years of waiting time for the next playoff campaign. Maybe Cristobal is the guy, maybe he's not, but we've moved on to the next roll of the dice sooner rather than later. That's a win in my book. If Cristobal is not the right guy, we find out 3 years sooner than we likely would have otherwise. Oregon has a tendency to hire from within the program, it's easily possible Cristobal gets hired anyway after Taggart gets fired after 4 years in this hypothetical scenario.