Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

what I want to see from Petersen

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,543
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
edited September 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
No more cute play calls. A trick play every now and then is fine. SarkSure.gif

Browning option and inside draw on 3rd and long is not trickeration. Or effective. Or things that should be in the play book.

At some point the playcalling comes down to the "offensive genuis" coach, not the hapless OC.

Also, it would be nice if Pete's pre game comments weren't "Gee, we are just glad to be here. I hope our guys arent too nervous. Why are you making them nervous with talks of the SEC?"

I disagree with most of you guys saying this loss was encouraging. It wasn't. This was a win that was choked away. Not due to Browning, Hamdan, Hilbers, even Opera Singer....choked away by Petersen. The team is not confident in these situations and that is on the head coach.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I get why they didn’t go for it, but Washington’s 2nd to last drive (up 16-15) they had a 4th and 1 from their own 41. Thought for sure a Pete fake punt was coming.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I want to see MossterCat and Vikkngsotboobs No Warning, just Gone.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    This is gonna be an unpopular position but on 4th and 16 you punt. Odds are you can back them up and get good field position to potentially win with a stop. Even if it's just 40 seconds
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2018
    dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

I get why they didn’t go for it, but Washington’s 2nd to last drive (up 16-15) they had a 4th and 1 from their own 41. Thought for sure a Pete fake punt was coming.

Disagree. You trust the defense that had been shutting them down all half
    Yeah. That's why I said I get why they didn't go for it. Just seemed like a type of call a Pete Boise team would have pulled off
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

It's not my fault you've convinced yourself your not elite coach is elite and your program isn't what you think it is.

It's a cute little program in a conference that is historically bad.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

It's not my fault you've convinced yourself your not elite coach is elite and your program isn't what you think it is.

Pete is 53 and a good enough coach that he will get things figured out. In theory, he could be here for another 15 years. It took James 17 to go undefeated.

I would not be talking shit as a Duck fan right now.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Pete is 53 and a good enough coach that he will get things figured out. In theory, he could be here for another 15 years. It took James 17 to go undefeated.

• Options
    Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Couldn't have said it any better myself
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    haie said:

You have a lot of hate in your life.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Pete just needs more tim POTD.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,097
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2018
    Switch Eason for Browning and we’re not talking about “coaching” today.
  • Options

Switch Eason for Browning and we’re not talking about “coaching” today.

Because Eason is known for making quality decisions when the pocket breaks down.

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

There is nothing encouraging about the loss. Getting close means nothing. It doesn't mean next time we play a tough school we will win. Life doesn't work like that. It was a game we should have won and didn't.

Yeah I don’t get all the positive feelings, the fact that browning and the offense didn’t really change after getting rid of babushka is really a downer.

Browning has improved very little despite being the focus of the program for 4 straight years

The rub/pick play was a good call but was executed about as poorly as possible (coaching)

QB draw and QB speed option, browning’s skills aren’t new to you, you fucksticks, the coaches should know what he isn’t capaible of

Ran way to much out of the pistol/shotgun up the middle

Way under utilized the TEs

No gaskin/Ahmed in lateral passing game

Multiple times bailed out by amazing WR catches.

The coaches should know what we have, the offense should revolve around gaskin/Ahmed and sometimes the TEs or a deep threat WR.

They instead continue to design the offense as if Browning is Baker Mayfield balling out and then pick plays mid game by humping an Xbox controller while playing Madden.

I'd give my left nut to see Ahmed and Gaskin in a two back set. But I suppose that would be too radical for Pete.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The team is not confident in these situations and that is on the head coach.

For real: Why would this team be confident in these situations? Has any player on this roster ever been involved in a win over an elite team? Colorado in the P12 cash game hardly qualifies.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

The team is not confident in these situations and that is on the head coach.

For real: Why would this team be confident in these situations? Has any player on this roster ever been involved in a win over an elite team? Colorado in the P12 cash game hardly qualifies.

It will help to not have a coach talking like the game is already lost in the weeks leading up to the game