Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Urban Meyer FIRED

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

I'm talking about at my grocery store

I rarely buy a steak at a restaurant due to my grilling skills

99% of my steak is home grilled, but I do love a swanky steak house. If I live in CA ever again - which is Mrs Snow's dream - I would die of cancer prolly from eating too much grilled meat.
    Listen to Mrs Snow

I resisted Mrs Bannon for a few years but she was right.
    Hrmmm..Mrs Em has started pushing me to ditch Denver and transfer to Newport...at least while the house is over-valued and almost paid off. She has been shopping SoCal realtors...
    Mrs Snow would move us to Dana Point, Laguna, Newport, Irvine, etc in a heartbeat. Then me and @UW_Doog_Bot could bromance in real life. Funny how your priorities change over time. When I was a kid in San Diego, I thought it sucked and the PNW was amazing because of trees, water, and Husky Stadium. Now that I have kids, I want sunshine and being able to send them outdoors 365 days a year like I did as a kiddie.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2018

MisterEm said:

99% of my steak is home grilled, but I do love a swanky steak house. If I live in CA ever again - which is Mrs Snow's dream - I would die of cancer prolly from eating too much grilled meat.
    Listen to Mrs Snow

Hrmmm..Mrs Em has started pushing me to ditch Denver and transfer to Newport...at least while the house is over-valued and almost paid off. She has been shopping SoCal realtors...
    Mrs Snow would move us to Dana Point, Laguna, Newport, Irvine, etc in a heartbeat. Then me and @UW_Doog_Bot could bromance in real life. Funny how your priorities change over time. When I was a kid in San Diego, I thought it sucked and the PNW was amazing because of trees, water, and Husky Stadium. Now that I have kids, I want sunshine and being able to send them outdoors 365 days a year like I did as a kiddie.
    Spot on. I grew up in California and couldn't wait to move away for college. Denver is great, but we're ready to downsize and be a left coastie after a decade and a half living around the US.
  • GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

MisterEm said:

Listen to Mrs Snow

Opposite for me. I grew up in PNW and spent my adult life in San Diego. Now that the kids is all grow’d, I sometimes think it would be nice to head back up there. But it’s a no go for Mrs. Taint.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

MisterEm said:

Listen to Mrs Snow

Show me anyone who wouldn't live in Laguna if they had the cash and I'll show you a weirdo. Place is paradise. Laguna is the shit. I'd never fit in there, but it's awesome.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538

MisterEm said:

Listen to Mrs Snow

Show me anyone who wouldn't live in Laguna if they had the cash and I'll show you a weirdo. Place is paradise. Laguna is the shit. I'd never fit in there, but it's awesome.
    Banging hot 40 year old women is not totally my jam.

Every once in awhile.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

MisterEm said:

Listen to Mrs Snow

It's more of a value proposition than anything which to your point admittedly if you have enough money doesn't matter. It's much harder to not be a pour out here though. You can make six figures and still be considered a pour. The bar for "enough money for it not to matter" is a whole hell of a lot higher in California than most places not named New York or Tokyo.

If my family didn't live here and IF Seattle were still as cheap as it was when I left I'd move back in a heartbeat. Fucked if I'm trading an overpriced place here in Cali for an overpriced place in Seattle now though.

Yellow, listen to the wife. The bubble down here only ever shrinks, it never actually pops. I can't say the same for the Seattle market.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538

MisterEm said:

Listen to Mrs Snow

It's more of a value proposition than anything which to your point admittedly if you have enough money doesn't matter. It's much harder to not be a pour out here though. You can make six figures and still be considered a pour. The bar for "enough money for it not to matter" is a whole hell of a lot higher in California than most places not named New York or Tokyo.

If my family didn't live here and IF Seattle were still as cheap as it was when I left I'd move back in a heartbeat. Fucked if I'm trading an overpriced place here in Cali for an overpriced place in Seattle now though.

Yellow, listen to the wife. The bubble down here only ever shrinks, it never actually pops. I can't say the same for the Seattle market.
    I like oc for sure.

Hate LA generally.
    Swaye's Wigwam

MisterEm said:

Listen to Mrs Snow

I like oc for sure.

Hate LA generally.
    The only thing that I don't hate LA for is the music talent it attracts and Long Beach as a city. That's pretty much it.
    Swaye's Wigwam

MisterEm said:

Listen to Mrs Snow

I've seen the bubble pop in Southern California biggly but I'm a little older than you. Cheap Seattle is gone forever. It's on the San Francisco trajectory now. Not saying there can't be corrections here and there so don't twist. But there are too many highly paid professionals now and not enough land to go around. We aren't a humble logging camp anymore.
    Swaye's Wigwam

MisterEm said:

Listen to Mrs Snow

I got married on Laguna Beach and had my reception at a Messican restaurant.
  • GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

MisterEm said:

Listen to Mrs Snow

Banging hot 40 year old women is not totally my jam.

Every once in awhile.
    Chinned for lying, just saying.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

MisterEm said:

Listen to Mrs Snow

Hasn't happened here since before people used the term "bubble" so "turn the lights out" doesn't count.

In 2008, the only people who lost their houses were people who completely and w/o reason extended themselves in houses that they were a 3x multiple of base salary from belonging in, and when they couldn't refi their paper equity from permanent appreciation, they were fucked.

But the value loss in real estate in Seattle was remarkably controlled relative to most parts of the country.

And, PS, it's crazy pricey up here now.
    Swaye's Wigwam

MisterEm said:

Listen to Mrs Snow

Hasn't happened here since before people used the term "bubble" so "turn the lights out" doesn't count.

In 2008, the only people who lost their houses were people who completely and w/o reason extended themselves in houses that they were a 3x multiple of base salary from belonging in, and when they couldn't refi their paper equity from permanent appreciation, they were fucked.

But the value loss in real estate in Seattle was remarkably controlled relative to most parts of the country.

And, PS, it's crazy pricey up here now.
    I think the Seattle market is overheated. I could be wrong. Cali prices are pretty in line historically atm. Plus, even if it dips, there's only so much real estate where it's 70 year round next to the beach. Especially now that even historically bad neighborhoods like Compton are becoming gentrified and most new housing gets blocked by NIMBY's. The only shit thing about betting on Ca. is it's government but the Seattle area is equally FS politics-wise these days.