Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Giles Jackson?

greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
edited July 2018 in Duck Refuge
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Ducks-Football-Recruiting-Oregon-ATH-target-Giles-Jackson-hints-at-earlier-commitment-date-120215939/

Nice offer sheet with USC and Michigan offered. Looks like we have a good shot at this one.

I honestly don’t know that much about him.

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Great physical testing numbers, can play three positions and will play on special teams right away.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183

Look at what you have created Derek you fucking dumb shit.

If it works out anything like the TSIO bored, the Quook version of Ballz will have half the class decommitting by December.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Ducks-Football-Recruiting-Oregon-ATH-target-Giles-Jackson-hints-at-earlier-commitment-date-120215939/

Nice offer sheet with USC and Michigan offered. Looks like we have a good shot at this one.

If we get him, it means he didn’t have committable offers from usc/mich #dooglogic
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Giles Jackson wants to be a Duck. The problem is do we have room at receive or running back.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

Giles Jackson wants to be a Duck. The problem is do we have room at receive or running back.

I think that's the issue. He has the physical testing numbers to play all over. The Ducks have two running backs already they don't need anymore. They will have seven on scholarship next year.

There are four WR's on board already. With Addison being added out of nowhere it would really only make sense to take someone really high on the board. Ford appears to be that guy. Jameson Williams would be more appealing also. I could see him being the #2 slot guy behind Redd as Hines also has one year.

I don't think he has the height to be a realistic DB target. If he signs on they missed out on other people.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Mosster47 said:

DJDuck said:

I think that's the issue. He has the physical testing numbers to play all over. The Ducks have two running backs already they don't need anymore. They will have seven on scholarship next year.

There are four WR's on board already. With Addison being added out of nowhere it would really only make sense to take someone really high on the board. Ford appears to be that guy. Jameson Williams would be more appealing also. I could see him being the #2 slot guy behind Redd as Hines also has one year.

I don't think he has the height to be a realistic DB target. If he signs on they missed out on other people.
    It’s a mistake not to go after him. Sure you could miss on guys like ford, but we usually lose those guys late in the process to usc anyways. Devon Williams is a perfect example. We could look like fools not getting him.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

DJDuck said:

It’s a mistake not to go after him. Sure you could miss on guys like ford, but we usually lose those guys late in the process to usc anyways. Devon Williams is a perfect example. We could look like fools not getting him.
    The risk/reward doesn't really add up.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

DJDuck said:

Doesn't Addison just take the place of Jalen Hall though so he doesn't really impact numbers for the 2019 class?
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Giles Jackson was going to commit to Oregon on 8/24. Had his commitment drawing all done for the twitters. Then Oregon coaches were like hey, that's great but can you hold off on committing until we get the guys who's height starts with a 6 first? His Oregon offer is as good as his USC offer, meaning he can commit if they miss on everyone else. Probably winds being forced to go to Cal or Michigan.

Too bad, kid can really play.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Giles Jackson was going to commit to Oregon on 8/24. Had his commitment drawing all done for the twitters. Then Oregon coaches were like hey, that's great but can you hold off on committing until we get the guys who's height starts with a 6 first? His Oregon offer is as good as his USC offer, meaning he can commit if they miss on everyone else. Probably winds being forced to go to Cal or Michigan.

That surprises me a little bit. Somebody like Giles Jackson fits perfectly for the slot wr. You don't want taller guys playing the slot anyways. The slot is perfect for short speedsters that are quick enough to make life tough on linebackers and safeties and small enough to hide in zone coverage.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

That surprises me a little bit. Somebody like Giles Jackson fits perfectly for the slot wr. You don't want taller guys playing the slot anyways. The slot is perfect for short speedsters that are quick enough to make life tough on linebackers and safeties and small enough to hide in zone coverage.
    Our staff started listening to @StrongArmCobra and decided a fifth WR was less important than a front 7 defender or Noa Pola-Gates.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

DJDuck said:

Doesn't Addison just take the place of Jalen Hall though so he doesn't really impact numbers for the 2019 class?
    Yes, but they were going to take 5 WR's because Hall didn't show. Addison pops up out of nowhere and it goes back to 4 for 2019.

Pittman and Delgado are slot guys. If the Ducks do whiff and take another WR it will be Williams anyways.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    ntxduck said:

If Michigan get him, it means he didn’t have committable offers from usc/oregon #quooklogic
  • Options

ntxduck said:

If Michigan get him, it means he didn’t have committable offers from usc/oregon #quooklogic
    Huge miss if Oregon doesn't get him.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    https://247sports.com/Article/Four-star-APB-Giles-Jackson-finds-his-home-at-Michigan-121716563/

It's official, the Ducks whiffed

They might get another crack though. If the offensive line continues to play like it has, Harbaugh might be looking for a new job at seasons end.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Jamon Dawtson tested off the charts but still sucked as player don’t fall in love with the #
  • Options

https://247sports.com/Article/Four-star-APB-Giles-Jackson-finds-his-home-at-Michigan-121716563/

They might get another crack though. If the offensive line continues to play like it has, Harbaugh might be looking for a new job at seasons end.

We would have to actually try to whiff. There just wasn't room for him.

Redd is a soph, Delgado and Pittman are already on board and Dollars is supposed to be getting a crack at the slot position like how they are using him at Mater Dei.

He just isn't a good enough running back or DB prospect to give a spot to. You can't get them all.

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Exactly 47. Dollars was already committed as a RB for 2019. With all the young RB's at Oregon there just wasn't room for one more when the scholarships left were going to positions of need.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

We would have to actually try to whiff. There just wasn't room for him.

Redd is a soph, Delgado and Pittman are already on board and Dollars is supposed to be getting a crack at the slot position like how they are using him at Mater Dei.

He just isn't a good enough running back or DB prospect to give a spot to. You can't get them all.

Chinteresting