Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Treven Ma'ae, 2019 4* BUCK, Las Vegas (Bishop Gorman), NV

Comments

• SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Here's Cal's official written offer to him:

Much better to have it come from the head coach, as USC's was. I wonder what the UW does. How hard can it be to have an intern or recruiting staff member ghost write the message on behalf of the head coach?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Good get for Oregon.

Definitely the one position you can't blame a kid (!) for picking Oregon over UW. They've produced the hell out of some edge rushers the last decade. No idea if their current staff can keep that up or not.

Irregardless, sucks.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,682
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The proximity of LV to Tuscaloosa has to be a concern
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I always put the trash where it belongs.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    So Bralen Trice still going to Oregon too?
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2018
    Trice our last hope?
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2018
    dnc said:

Good get for Oregon.

Definitely the one position you can't blame a kid (!) for picking Oregon over UW. They've produced the hell out of some edge rushers the last decade. No idea if their current staff can keep that up or not.

Irregardless, sucks.
    The depth chart at Oregon is absolutely fucking horrifying as well. There are literally only 3 scholarship OLBs who have taken a snap, and one of them is coming off an ACL injury he suffered as a true frosh. I like to say frosh. Maybe this dude ends up with his hand in the dirt, but regardless, WE need front 7 players badly.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dtd said:

dnc said:

Good get for Oregon.

Irregardless, sucks.
    The depth chart at Oregon is absolutely fucking horrifying as well. There are literally only 3 scholarship OLBs who have taken a snap, and one of them is coming off an ACL injury he suffered as a true frosh. I like to say frosh. Maybe this dude ends up with his hand in the dirt, but regardless, WE need front 7 players badly.
    4 now that Jelks has moved to OLB...but still thin.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    Swaye's Wigwam

1001%!

Academis are important
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2018
    No official visit scheduled with UW. His "highlights" if you want to call them that against Mater Dei are not good. WDWHA. Trice/Latu or bust. Oregon certainly has my butt puckered though when it comes to BUCK recruiting because they have gotten Trice crystal balls recently and Latu is likely going to USC. If Coach K fucks this up he's going to cost Coach Gregory his job.
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

Good get for Oregon.

Irregardless, sucks.
    He hasn't moved to OLB. He's our starting DE who will play multiple positions.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2018
    The "we are only going to offer limited scholarships because we want our scholarships to mean something" may back fire on an epic level. With limited offers, if UW loses it out on more recruits than expected, they are going to be put in an awkward position of having to play catch-up with newly added prospects. This was the same stupid idea tried by the Helfrich staff. Some may call it selective, I call it lazy and over confident borderline arrogant.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dtd said:

ntxduck said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

Good get for Oregon.

Irregardless, sucks.
    Got it. Chinteresting. I heard the unit that was getting the most run in practice at the 1s this week was;

Baker-Scott-Faoliu

Hollins-ISM-Dye-Jelks

Graham-Ugo-Pickett-Lenoir

The "we are only going to offer limited scholarships because we want our scholarships to mean something" may back fire on an epic level. With limited offers, if UW loses it out on more recruits than expected, they are going to be put in an awkward position of having to play catch-up with newly added prospects. This was the same stupid idea tried by the Helfrich staff. Some may call it selective, I call it lazy and over confident borderline arrogant.

It worked really well last year and seems to be working just fine so far this year. We only have maybe 7 or 8 spots left with a number of heavy leans (Buelow, Fautanu, Faatui, Heimuli). I'm way more worried about not having enough room for a stud who wants to get on bored late than I am having to take table scraps at the end.

Pete's no Helfrich.
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

dtd said:

ntxduck said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

Good get for Oregon.

Irregardless, sucks.
    Got it. Chinteresting. I heard the unit that was getting the most run in practice at the 1s this week was;

Baker-Scott-Faoliu

Hollins-ISM-Dye-Jelks

Graham-Ugo-Pickett-Lenoir

We shall see.