Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sarktardism the gift that keeps on giving

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited December 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Imagine Pete's first year on Montlake if Sark was actually a head coach with some experience and knew how to run a program and actually manage his Red shirts properly. These guys would have to be a step up next year from this year with another year in the system. And. To much easier to break in a new coach with a large senior contributing class. When I look back, there was no reason any of these guys should have played. And would Collin Porter still be on the team if he didn't get beat up as a true frosh
Greg Ducre
Sean Parker
Kevin Smith
Taz Stevenson
Princeton Fuimano (Would allow Shaq to play with senior Sean Parker, instead of Kevin I weigh 165lbs king)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,923
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Kevin Smith is the big one. That guy did jack crap his first 3 years and was often injured. Also, don't forget that Sark wasted the eligibility of guys like Mathis, Farria, Walker, and Daniels so that they could get valuable playing time against Idaho State
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,650
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I actually think this year might have been the worst yet. Mathis and Farria definitely weren't needed and didn't contribute anything during key parts of games. Walker and Daniels were invisible (ok one highlight reel hit by Daniels on ST). King looked fucking inept out there except versus the fighting Shoshones. Ross was overwhelmed and intimidated and while he looked good a couple of times, he also looked entirely replaceable. There's no reason Hall and Mickens couldn't have taken every single rep or return that went to Ross.

There was a time, about mid season, where there was discussion of pulling the redshirt off of Jermaine Kelly. The talk came from Sark himself. He should have been kicked in the nuts on the spot for even mentioning it.

Stringfellow is the only true frosh I saw look well within his element as well as being needed. Kasen's absence called for him to get out there and it paid off.
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I agree 1000%. This topic has made me furious the whole Sark era. The Sark supporters would always say "USC does it", and "We need them".

The value of fifth year seniors is obvious. It is only shortsightedness that fails to see it. On this age, only 1-2 players could be argued as necessary and those would be true freshmen skill positions, and even then sparingly.

I hope Petersen will RS this whole incoming class. We need to do it to remedy the shortsighted policies Sark has been using. The long term benefits are huge.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Only three scenarios it makes sense to not redshirt a freshmen:
    1. If he's the best option at that position
    2. If he's so good that it's very likely he will jump to the NFL after his 3rd year (so play him for all 3 as opposed to 2). This usually is linked with #1
    3. If injuries have decimated you at a position and the season is still of importance (for instance, if you're in a conference championship race then yes, break a redshirt if all your safeties are hurt...If you're 3-5...find someone else to play safety)
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I also think it's terrible for morale to have Mathis and Farria show up and take snaps away from Hudson and Shirley, for example. Championship teams don't just win with their upperclassmen; they also rely on their upperclassmen to set the example on the practice field, in the weightroom, and at curfew...
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Sark is a retard ....

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    In this thread: Gullible motherfuckers who still don't realize that Sark had been looking to LEAVE! UW for years.