Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rick Neuheisel, are you losing it?

Ive always respected Rick Neuheisel. Dating back to his days as head coach @ Colorado I had always feared him as an opponent. I remember when big bad Schnellenberger brought Oklahoma to folsom field when Ricky was a 32 year old coach. Little drummer boy cleaned his clock. Of course Colorada went downhill as the running game fell apart (sound familiar? ) and Washingto was 2-0 vs him.

But ive always liked him and still do. He makes the pac12 network tick and he is brilliant at what he does (Just watch Ronnie Lott who obviously took too many shots to his bean, as Rixey constantly bails his wordless-ass out) He brought UW a rose bowl in year 3 and was a cunt hair from in year fucking two. His RB speech to Curtis Williams afterward was legendary and powerful, for you new fish, check it out.

Here's the problem . He compared Petersen at UW to Wittingham at Utah. Herbie the dentist doesnt see the most obvious though. Kyle moved a WAC team to the Pac. Pete inherited a roster capable of winning the conference. Big difference. I liken it to Tressel at tOSU. Cooper had many Sark-like tendencies...the rest was history

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    So what your saying is Petersen would dominate in the SEC
  • Options
    WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Disagree. Rick took them to the Rose Bowl in season two. Holiday, Rose, Holiday, Sun
  • Options
    Of course Colorada went downhill as the running game fell apart (sound familiar? ) and Washingto was 2-0 vs him.

Rick was 2-0 at Washington while playing Colorado. When he was at Colorado he was 1-0 vs Washington.

When he was at UCLA he was 2-1 vs Washington.

Great factual post as always.
  • Options
    PriceToBamaPriceToBama Member Posts: 44
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2013
    You were on the screws with the exception of comparing Sark to Coop which is ludicrous by any criterion.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Neu was a rich man's Sark.

Recruited tons of receivers and QBs and no fucking linemen.

I appreciated what he did with Tui but I wasn't sad to see him go.

I was sad when the fucktards named tits to replace him and Ty to replace tits and Sark to replace Ty.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Other than steel getting all the facts wrong it was a solid post
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,828
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    mobey said:

Neu was a rich man's Sark.

Recruited tons of receivers and QBs and no fucking linemen.

Rose Bowl Rick landed the #1 rated prep OL in the country (who never played a down of college football) while at Washington.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    According to SRS Utah in the 6 seasons before Wittingham averaged 36th. In his first 6 seasons (before the pac12) he averaged 34th. Three of Utah's four best seasons in the past 14 years came before Wittingham.

Boise before CP averaged 34th (over 6 seasons). Under CP, Boise averaged 22nd. And 5 of Boise's 6 best seasons came under CP. In fact the worst of those, #13 was the best year that any of his predecessors had.

Wittingham is not a good comparison.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sark's Husky teams were in many areas more athletic and talented than Neuheisel's, but significantly less disciplined. Rick's offensive teams weren't nearly as much penalized nor prone to turnover's and QB sacks as Sark's. Other than the past two season's of Wilcox's work, Sark's Husky defenses were the worst most of us have probably ever seen while Neuheisel's Rose Bowl defense was good enough to not only help get us get to Pasedena on News Years Day, but also beat Drew Brees and Purdue.

Concerning Utah versus BSU, my bias prefers that the Pac-12 had invited the Broncos rather than Utes to join our conference when it expanded. Dating back to the 1930's, Bronco football has a long winning history as a JC, small 4-year college, FCS university, and FBS Division-1A program on the rise, whereas Ute football is a Johnny-come-lately that could easily go coogloser again if Wittingham ever left SLC. The University of Utah, however, has a long tradition of moderate accomplishment in academics and research, whereas BSU is just getting started in such elitist stuff which we all should know is far more important for Pac-12 membership than the quality of football will ever be.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Ive always respected Rick Neuheisel. Dating back to his days as head coach @ Colorado I had always feared him as an opponent. I remember when big bad Schnellenberger brought Oklahoma to folsom field when Ricky was a 32 year old coach. Little drummer boy cleaned his clock. Of course Colorada went downhill as the running game fell apart (sound familiar? ) and Washingto was 2-0 vs him.

But ive always liked him and still do. He makes the pac12 network tick and he is brilliant at what he does (Just watch Ronnie Lott who obviously took too many shots to his bean, as Rixey constantly bails his wordless-ass out) He brought UW a rose bowl in year 3 and was a cunt hair from in year fucking two. His RB speech to Curtis Williams afterward was legendary and powerful, for you new fish, check it out.

Here's the problem . He compared Petersen at UW to Wittingham at Utah. Herbie the dentist doesnt see the most obvious though. Kyle moved a WAC team to the Pac. Pete inherited a roster capable of winning the conference. Big difference. I liken it to Tressel at tOSU. Cooper had many Sark-like tendencies...the rest was history

Rae Carruth called from the trunk of his car - apparently we were not 2-0 vs Rick
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Carruth? Good one. Rixey did make a tear jerking speech on that day . Best moment in husky history in my opinion. Will never forget it