Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The wildcard in all of this is that we aren't playing a 'typical' bowel team. BYU has a bunch of 24 and 25 year old guys with kids. Older, tougher, and playing for their 'God' . I don't know what will happen ... But my suspicion is BYU pounds the ball like they have all year and wind up winning a close one.

That being said the 12th edition of the Hunger Gaymes Bowel will be interesting ... And if its not interesting it will be interesting to know why.

Hopefully Marques has a plunger ready for them.

Fuck It
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I like BYU in this one.

#MyCougars
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,923
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The players' magical underwear gives them an edge
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,910
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    This is the 12th Hunger Bowl? it used to be the nut bowl right? I can't keep track of all these 6th tier bowl games.

Anyway I hate to agree with Softy, but with Steve gone this game is way less important.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BYU will not be able to adapt to the lack of altitude.
  • Options
    Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    edited December 2013

The wildcard in all of this is that we aren't playing a 'typical' bowel team. BYU has a bunch of 24 and 25 year old guys with kids. Older, tougher, and playing for their 'God' . I don't know what will happen ... But my suspicion is BYU pounds the ball like they have all year and wind up winning a close one.

That being said the 12th edition of the Hunger Gaymes Bowel will be interesting ... And if its not interesting it will be interesting to know why.

Fuck It

I have some morons in my family so I usually pay attention to what BYU is doing. Like UW they have had an up and down year. They beat a couple half assed teams (GTech and Texas) and lost to a few horrible teams....Virginia on the road and home loss to Utah that was a goddamned disgrace.

They actually don't "pound" the ball as much as rely on Taysom Hill. He looks like a poor man's Jack Lockner. He lead the fighting polygamists this year with 1200+ yds. The fucker is dangerous.

Regarding the age issue, yes they always have a
    shit ton of returned missionaries on their roster. These guys get mentally "tuff" from having doors slammed in their faces around the globe.

The good news is that most of the skill players are black kids, who aren't morons, and are still just kids....like normal CFB players. The bad news is that the OL is always made up of those married 25 yr old's with 6 kids already. And that is a big advantage for them.

This is a really hard matchup to predict. No telling how shit will turn out. But fucking Sarkingham won't be on the sidelines so I have hope...
  • Options

Fuck It

I have some morons in my family so I usually pay attention to what BYU is doing. Like UW they have had an up and down year. They beat a couple half assed teams (GTech and Texas) and lost to a few horrible teams....Virginia on the road and home loss to Utah that was a goddamned disgrace.

They actually don't "pound" the ball as much as rely on Taysom Hill. He looks like a poor man's Jack Lockner. He lead the fighting polygamists this year with 1200+ yds. The fucker is dangerous.

shit ton of returned missionaries on their roster. These guys get mentally "tuff" from having doors slammed in their faces around the globe.

The good news is that most of the skill players are black kids, who aren't morons, and are still just kids....like normal CFB players. The bad news is that the OL is always made up of those married 25 yr old's with 6 kids already. And that is a big advantage for them.

This is a really hard matchup to predict. No telling how shit will turn out. But fucking Sarkingham won't be on the sidelines so I have hope...
    They are averaging 274 yards a game rushing. 101 per game is QB Taysom Hill .. They another back that averages 100 ... Then a group That adds in another 75 or so ... They pound...
  • Options

Fuck It

They are averaging 274 yards a game rushing. 101 per game is QB Taysom Hill .. They another back that averages 100 ... Then a group That adds in another 75 or so ... They pound...
    The numbers don't really tell the whole story unless you watched their games. Can they pound? They certainly did against Idaho St, Utah St, Middle Tenn and Nevada. But as the season progressed the O was geared more towards Hill's legs.

Jamaal Williams got half those 1,200 yrds in just 3 games. He carried 30+ times in the 1st 2 games and never got out of the teens in carries again. Except for the ISU game where Taysom did nothing but hand off after the 1st qtr. Then Hill ran 50 times in the last two games.

In the 6 BYU games I watched I saw more scrambling than Pounding. Mendenhall is good at adjusting to opponents weaknesses so it's hard to tell what he will do for sure. But the key to stopping BYU is to contain Hill imo.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,827
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is the 12th Hunger Bowl? it used to be the nut bowl right?

It was some color and shape. Red Circle Bowl? Purple Rhombus Bowl? Blue Diamond Bowl? Pink Triangle Bowl? It's in SF, sounds right.
  • Options

Fuck It

The numbers don't really tell the whole story unless you watched their games. Can they pound? They certainly did against Idaho St, Utah St, Middle Tenn and Nevada. But as the season progressed the O was geared more towards Hill's legs.

Jamaal Williams got half those 1,200 yrds in just 3 games. He carried 30+ times in the 1st 2 games and never got out of the teens in carries again. Except for the ISU game where Taysom did nothing but hand off after the 1st qtr. Then Hill ran 50 times in the last two games.

In the 6 BYU games I watched I saw more scrambling than Pounding. Mendenhall is good at adjusting to opponents weaknesses so it's hard to tell what he will do for sure. But the key to stopping BYU is to contain Hill imo.

You'd know better than me I guess.... I just looked at what they did statistically and what they did to Texas. Nonetheless I fully expect them to try to force it down our troat .... And Taysom to set up pass with threat of run.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2013

Fuck It

Plus they have beards and old man strength. And the altitude will cause us some problems.
  • Options
    Damone .... I know you are joking and making fun of my in depth anal ysis ... But the Hunger Gayme is at sea level and beards don't really make you tuff ...
  • Options

Fuck It

You'd know better than me I guess.... I just looked at what they did statistically and what they did to Texas. Nonetheless I fully expect them to try to force it down our troat .... And Taysom to set up pass with threat of run.
    Don't get me wrong they run the ball effectively between the tackles. It's just that with Hill's arm and legs accounting for over half of their offensive plays, they don't appear to me to be a traditional power running team. They look more like a discount version of the ducks.

That said, their O line is usually fucking enormous...not to mention usually almost 30... as you pointed out. They probably average 332 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Don't ask me to list their names but these boys (I use that term loosely) have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

So they may try to line up and bludgeon the D into submission.