Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Not sure I fit around here anymore...

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Promoting your own post feels a little cheesy and Doogmanish IMO. I agree with your post just saying.

This is the last place to worry about those not holding the coach accountable. We are all excited for Petersen but if he goes 7-6 or 8-5 we'll be on his ass.

Unlike those at Doogman we have no problem admitting we are wrong or questioning a coach that we had approved of for his flaws.

But more_ cock, gets 5 years like any head coach should, to recruit and develop his own players
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Promoting your own post feels a little cheesy and Doogmanish IMO. I agree with your post just saying.

This is the last place to worry about those not holding the coach accountable. We are all excited for Petersen but if he goes 7-6 or 8-5 we'll be on his ass.

Unlike those at Doogman we have no problem admitting we are wrong or questioning a coach that we had approved of for his flaws.

But more_ cock, gets 5 years like any head coach should, to recruit and develop his own players
    He gets 15 games.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2013

I don't even know what that function specifically does.
    I don't either but that is equilavent to liking your own post on facebook. I would assume you would want to promote it since you wrote it. Just like I assume you like your own post or why else would you say it?(Unless you are IMALOSER/Factchecker/Irishdawg/Bronc4Blue/Your_Mom and don't believe anything you say).
    Because I wondered if it was an admin function that would keep the thread near the top of the page, without pinning it.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    @Steele

He_Needs_More_Cock never gets old.
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

Think I'm the only one not real excited and dooging it up about the Peterson hire. The press conference made me feel a bit better, but its hard getting over the history of the previous 2 BSU coaches moving on and cratering at their next stop. Add to that he's basically admitted he was burned out at BSU and needed a change to get excited...hell even Seven Win Sark curb-stomped him...and now we just gave him $18 million and 5 years (6 if Pool Boy ever disappears) to feel very comfortable.

The chaos around his staff doesn't help my feeling either. He's going to have probably 3x or more the assistant salary pool to pay that he had @ BSU...am I the only one concerned he's going to bring most of this staff over? Anyone else think its a bit suspicious that they are all magically diamonds in the rough that are really worth 3x their current salaries? I could give a flip if he wants to keep Wilcox or Tosh or even Tui (think that one would be smart though)...I do give a flip if he thinks he can magically port over an entire assistant coaching staff from the MWC and suddenly and magically recruit and compete well in the Pac12. Add to that his now infatuation of chasing down a BSU QB commit when we have 3 young QBs on the roster already that were top 10 in their classes as we shed the few defensive recruits we have (and no OL recruits) and it doesn't add to my comfort level. And I hope to God everyone around here doesn't start dooging it up on saying our future 2* and 3* recruits are really better than everyone else's 4* recruits. Sure coaching is key, but coaching 4*s up is a hell of alot better than coaching 2*s up. Lets see it in action at this level instead of the MWC before we start throwing parades.

Just don't get why this doesn't scare people more.

Nobody has been harder on you than Sark.

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2013

Think I'm the only one not real excited and dooging it up about the Peterson hire. The press conference made me feel a bit better, but its hard getting over the history of the previous 2 BSU coaches moving on and cratering at their next stop. Add to that he's basically admitted he was burned out at BSU and needed a change to get excited...hell even Seven Win Sark curb-stomped him...and now we just gave him $18 million and 5 years (6 if Pool Boy ever disappears) to feel very comfortable.

The chaos around his staff doesn't help my feeling either. He's going to have probably 3x or more the assistant salary pool to pay that he had @ BSU...am I the only one concerned he's going to bring most of this staff over? Anyone else think its a bit suspicious that they are all magically diamonds in the rough that are really worth 3x their current salaries? I could give a flip if he wants to keep Wilcox or Tosh or even Tui (think that one would be smart though)...I do give a flip if he thinks he can magically port over an entire assistant coaching staff from the MWC and suddenly and magically recruit and compete well in the Pac12. Add to that his now infatuation of chasing down a BSU QB commit when we have 3 young QBs on the roster already that were top 10 in their classes as we shed the few defensive recruits we have (and no OL recruits) and it doesn't add to my comfort level. And I hope to God everyone around here doesn't start dooging it up on saying our future 2* and 3* recruits are really better than everyone else's 4* recruits. Sure coaching is key, but coaching 4*s up is a hell of alot better than coaching 2*s up. Lets see it in action at this level instead of the MWC before we start throwing parades.

I'm right there with you buddy. I'm not convinced he is (or is not) a good recruiter. We'll find out. And the fact that he needs to get fired up again is a problem. Considering the deal that pool boy made, we're stuck with petersen for a while, like it or not.

I hope it works out, and I think the chances are >50% that it will. But I'm also not completely doogin' in my pants. Recruit and develop great players and get us to the pac-12 championship game. Then I'll jump and scream like an 8 year-old girl.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What part of 15 games, win or GTFO don't you understand?
  • Options
    PRedoubtPRedoubt Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Am I supposed to read this whole fucking thread?
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

You could the same argument if we hired Saban. Will he recruit like he did at Michigan state where he was average since we're not down south where big line talent falls off trees like ripe fruit? Are we all going to die? Everyone here is in wait and see mode. But it was a great hire. Don't be afraid of success. It could happen. None of us know shit one weekinto his time hehere

Well, the only thing we know so far is:
    - He hasn't stopped the bleeding on recruiting;
    - He gave a great press conference; and
    - He is a winner...although boise is in a second-tier conference and hence most of his games were against second-tier schools.

I like the guy, but time will tell. Like you said, none of us know shit...except for the things I mentioned after one week.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Do you honestly think that if Petersen goes 7-6 or 8-5 each year and starts loading up on 2* talent, that we're going to keep doogin' it up? No! We will be calling for his head on a platter. Our patience may even wear out after two years, given the preposterously easy schedule.

The man at the podium of that press conference looked happy and ready to take on a challenge. I did not see Charles Grodin up there wearily fielding questions.

College Doog summed it up perfectly- UW showed that it really wants to win and will take steps to get there. If Petersen doesn't work out, then the days of rationalizing mediocrity are over. Bring on the next coach! (Speaking of which, what's the buyout on Mora's contract in 2016?)

I thought UCLA gave Mora a six-year extension through the 2019 season. Petersen better perform. We can't wait for Mora since it seems he turned UW down before Petersen accepted.
  • Options
    priapism said:

Petersen did a great job developing mediocre QBs and his teams executed. His WRs and TEs always made clutch catches. If BS had lesser athletic play from their QB position, they would have easily performed near Fresno State's level the past decade. Petersen is wise to get out of BS now tho, IMO - BS might be in trouble now, they do look weak this year. I think Petersen is probably is a +1 victory/year upgrade over Sark. I was concerned with the almost $4mil/year salary given to him...but it looks like the top 10 programs are going to start paying $5-10mil/year now...so maybe he's not that bad a price...and he'll possibly turn out to be a decent bargain in a few years...maybe the hire was good timing in a somewhat low-turnover year for HCs.

But he obviously has a lot to prove over the next 3 years -> Hawkins and Koetter.

I would like to see Wilcox stay. But Tosh is obviously a Sark mole.

Please raise your expectations. Petersen should be a minimum 10 win coach at WA, 11 counting a bowl game. Should be good for 2-3 wins more than Sark, and those should be in conference.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Do you honestly think that if Petersen goes 7-6 or 8-5 each year and starts loading up on 2* talent, that we're going to keep doogin' it up? No! We will be calling for his head on a platter. Our patience may even wear out after two years, given the preposterously easy schedule.

The man at the podium of that press conference looked happy and ready to take on a challenge. I did not see Charles Grodin up there wearily fielding questions.

College Doog summed it up perfectly- UW showed that it really wants to win and will take steps to get there. If Petersen doesn't work out, then the days of rationalizing mediocrity are over. Bring on the next coach! (Speaking of which, what's the buyout on Mora's contract in 2016?)

I thought UCLA gave Mora a six-year extension through the 2019 season. Petersen better perform. We can't wait for Mora since it seems he turned UW down before Petersen accepted.
    I was being sarcastic.
  • Options

I was being sarcastic.
    Thanks for the clarification. Now that we are in another uncharted waters scenario with respect to what may happen with the football program's future, I have greater difficulty understanding some posters meanings.

Regarding the OP's sentiment: I understand the ambivalence. Me, I am glad I care to come to these boards still. If Woodward had hired Nussmeier, I was prepared to be done with UW football. Instead, I'm more optimistic than I have been in at least 10 years.

• Options
    Founders Club

I was being sarcastic.
    Thanks for the clarification. Now that we are in another uncharted waters scenario with respect to what may happen with the football program's future, I have greater difficulty understanding some posters meanings.

Regarding the OP's sentiment: I understand the ambivalence. Me, I am glad I care to come to these boards still. If Woodward had hired Nussmeier, I was prepared to be done with UW football. Instead, I'm more optimistic than I have been in at least 10 years.

Yes, if Woodward had hired Nussmeier, I was done.