Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bralen Trice, 3* 2019 BUCK, Glendale (O'Connor) AZ, (SUCK IT DOMERS!! BOW TO KWAT!!)

Comments

• Options
    purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

This Oregon team is probably on par with Sark's last team at UW. They will put up huge numbers in their cupcake non conf and against Pac12 bottom dwellers but will get plungered against good teams. They'll also have a 3 game losing streak at some point (probably Stanford, @Cal, UW). That's the script. I'll say they'll go 8-4 due to the schedule and win the offseason national championship again. 2019 is going to be special!

That Sark team had a lot more talent. Sankey, Kasen, ASJ, Kikaha, Peters, Shaq, Shelton, 2 wins.

I don't remember thinking Oregon had any noticeable talent the past two years.
    Not saying they are going to be gangbusters as a team or anything but several of the starters Oregon has are actually quite talented. IMO Jelks is the best returning DE in the league and is probably a top 20 draft pick. The ILB Dye is like an Azeem Victor clone and their secondary has decent talent. UO's OL might be the second most experienced group behind UW's and for all the shit we talk about Herbert he's actually got the talent and potential to be an elite QB.

The biggest problem for UO right now is their depth, or lack there of. Playing in the Pac-12 quality depth is imperative to having a successful season and is the difference between say an 8-4 Sun Bowl team and a 10 or 11 win team competing for the North and Pac-12. Having a shit OOC slate this year will be a huge break for them but I still can't see more than 7 or 8 wins. I think UO under Cristoballz is going to be like UO under Bellotti. They'll win 7-9 games a year and play in lots of Vegas and Holiday Bowls while occasionally winning double digit games and competing for the conference.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2018

This Oregon team is probably on par with Sark's last team at UW. They will put up huge numbers in their cupcake non conf and against Pac12 bottom dwellers but will get plungered against good teams. They'll also have a 3 game losing streak at some point (probably Stanford, @Cal, UW). That's the script. I'll say they'll go 8-4 due to the schedule and win the offseason national championship again. 2019 is going to be special!

That Sark team had a lot more talent. Sankey, Kasen, ASJ, Kikaha, Peters, Shaq, Shelton, 2 wins.

Not saying they are going to be gangbusters as a team or anything but several of the starters Oregon has are actually quite talented. IMO Jelks is the best returning DE in the league and is probably a top 20 draft pick. The ILB Dye is like an Azeem Victor clone and their secondary has decent talent. UO's OL might be the second most experienced group behind UW's and for all the shit we talk about Herbert he's actually got the talent and potential to be an elite QB.

The biggest problem for UO right now is their depth, or lack there of. Playing in the Pac-12 quality depth is imperative to having a successful season and is the difference between say an 8-4 Sun Bowl team and a 10 or 11 win team competing for the North and Pac-12. Having a shit OOC slate this year will be a huge break for them but I still can't see more than 7 or 8 wins. I think UO under Cristoballz is going to be like UO under Bellotti. They'll win 7-9 games a year and play in lots of Vegas and Holiday Bowls while occasionally winning double digit games and competing for the conference.
    We’ll see. I think 7 is a bit harsh considering the schedule and how bad the league is. Oregon got 7 last year and this team is improved. Depth was a lot worse last year.

chuck said:

dnc said:

Woof said:

Only delusional quooks expect Oregon to make hay in 2018. They're going to be disappointed. Bama wasn't built overnight. Cristoballz is a new fish and recapturing the greatness of the past takes time. So does transitioning to a system where smash mouth is the staple. People forget that Slingblade's guys still need to be cycled out of the program and out of Eugene. The lines are going to be young and Oregon is in the process of changing identity. Opponents should expect a skrong meat and potatoes ground n pound run game to develop, combined with a stingy defense that would make Ebenezer Scrooge proud.

So you're saying cristoball just needs to get his own guys in there? This is so beautiful to observe from afar.
    He needs more time. That being said, 2019 playoff berth or GTFO.
    Agreed. I am already afraid of what Braxton Burmeister will do to UW in 2019. He might even keep the fightin' Christoballz within 30 of UW.
    Browning 2.0 is finished as a UO QB. He didn't get his reads down. He gone in 2019.
    Still carving up Leavitt's D though.

Sad!
    I think the quooking over Leavitt is one if the coolest things about the current level of quooking. Doogs dooged hard over coordinators too.

Where and how was this legend born anyways? I'm stumped but rather than spend any time or thought on it I'm just going to enjoy the meltdown as he fails to deliver over the next couple of years.
    I guess you missed the part where he lead the Buffs to the PAC 12 title game. He just didn't have the same talent level there that he does at Oregon.
    The same Pac 12 title where Gaskin and Coleman got 8 yards almost every carry?

That Colorado secondary was loaded with a bunch of NFL draft picks. We couldn't throw on them, but they were still weak up front. Leavitt is probably a good coach. I don't know. I doubt he's worth $1.7 million.
    This is the same Leavitt that coached some of the best linebackers in the league took a CU defense from bad to good and made lemondade out of lemons with the defense. Oregon went from the cellar to respectable last year. Oregon lost so very little too. Since Mario took less, the 1.7 is very worth it.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Woof said:

Only delusional quooks expect Oregon to make hay in 2018. They're going to be disappointed. Bama wasn't built overnight. Cristoballz is a new fish and recapturing the greatness of the past takes time. So does transitioning to a system where smash mouth is the staple. People forget that Slingblade's guys still need to be cycled out of the program and out of Eugene. The lines are going to be young and Oregon is in the process of changing identity. Opponents should expect a skrong meat and potatoes ground n pound run game to develop, combined with a stingy defense that would make Ebenezer Scrooge proud.

So you're saying cristoball just needs to get his own guys in there? This is so beautiful to observe from afar.
    Agreed. I am already afraid of what Braxton Burmeister will do to UW in 2019. He might even keep the fightin' Christoballz within 30 of UW.
    Browning 2.0 is finished as a UO QB. He didn't get his reads down. He gone in 2019.

Sad!
    I think the quooking over Leavitt is one if the coolest things about the current level of quooking. Doogs dooged hard over coordinators too.

Where and how was this legend born anyways? I'm stumped but rather than spend any time or thought on it I'm just going to enjoy the meltdown as he fails to deliver over the next couple of years.
    I guess you missed the part where he lead the Buffs to the PAC 12 title game. He just didn't have the same talent level there that he does at Oregon.
    I remember the part where despite having multiple high draft picks inn said defense he got bent over while Pete snorted Coke off his Pepsi infused ass
    I don't remember watching the game. If you beat Auburn and Cobra gets injured somewhere along the way you've got a shot at running with the big dogs this year. But it's likely to be the last for awhile, as we intend to get back to where we belong, sooner rather than later.
    Screenshots...

Recruiting is looking good quook. The rest is all too familiar. You don't fit in here anymore. Need a little help covering your educk subscription?
    Fuck off. Without Mosster and I you're looking at about 500k site visits a month less in the offseason.
    yeah but only 2 less unique visitor ip's...
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

We’ll see. I think 7 is a bit harsh considering the schedule and how bad the league is. Oregon got 7 last year and this team is improved. Depth was a lot worse last year.

chuck said:

dnc said:

Woof said:

Sad!

The same Pac 12 title where Gaskin and Coleman got 8 yards almost every carry?

That Colorado secondary was loaded with a bunch of NFL draft picks. We couldn't throw on them, but they were still weak up front. Leavitt is probably a good coach. I don't know. I doubt he's worth $1.7 million.
    This is the same Leavitt that coached some of the best linebackers in the league took a CU defense from bad to good and made lemondade out of lemons with the defense. Oregon went from the cellar to respectable last year. Oregon lost so very little too. Since Mario took less, the 1.7 is very worth it.
    Dear quooks, fuck off with your faggy projections and preemptive excuses for your coaches that no one cares about. Stop faggin up literally every recruiting thred with them. Take it to the Quook boared and drink bleach. TIA.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2018

Mosster47 said:

You're my favorite Duck on the boards because I know you're serious. 2020 or 2021 is when you might actually be a threat. You're still bad.

I'm a doog, but I've always been somewhat of a realistic doog. When we sucked, I knew we sucked. We don't suck anymore. 2011 was the only time I predicted a UW win during the Duckade.
    Oregon isn't bad this year when healthy, but they are a couple injuries away at a few spots from being .500 at best. That's the fault of Sling. Willie's one class was surprisingly good as far as actual players. We will have to see how Mario's works out this fall.

Willie really was Sark. He was necessary because talent acquisition had to be priority one after Sling. I think Oregon got lucky with Mario because the recruting is still there and the schematics and S&C will actually be pretty solid across the board also.

Willie won't make it to year five at FSU. Dabo, Richt, and Mullen are going to fuck him up. They will all have loaded teams and can coach a little.
    It's hilarious how much you quooks were in denial about this last year when the rest of us were pointing out his Sarkish tendencies on a weekly basis.

No one was really denying it. The only real positives were he hired a pretty solid staff and the recruiting was where it needed to be. The rest was LIPO which is the same for now.

I know of zero Duck fans that want Willie back.

As much as Doogs hate to admit it, Sark was absolutely a net positive for UW. It Peterman would have taken over after Ty it would have taken him a decade to get things rolling if at all.
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    Leavitt is Justin Wilcox. Good coordinator. Comes in and gets them tackling well and restores other fundamentals. Gets waxed by the ~20% of the schedule that's clearly better, but you could do far worse.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Leavitt is Justin Wilcox. Good coordinator. Comes in and gets them tackling well and restores other fundamentals. Gets waxed by the ~20% of the schedule that's clearly better, but you could do far worse.

Nine wins! Niiiiine wins!!
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bralen Trice has exited the thread building.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Woof said:

Sad!

I remember the part where despite having multiple high draft picks inn said defense he got bent over while Pete snorted Coke off his Pepsi infused ass
    I don't remember watching the game. If you beat Auburn and Cobra gets injured somewhere along the way you've got a shot at running with the big dogs this year. But it's likely to be the last for awhile, as we intend to get back to where we belong, sooner rather than later.
    Screenshots...

Recruiting is looking good quook. The rest is all too familiar. You don't fit in here anymore. Need a little help covering your educk subscription?
    Fuck off. Without Mosster and I you're looking at about 500k site visits a month less in the offseason.
    Maybe true. Maybe. You really do recognize that I wasn't really expecting you to leave, right?
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

You're my favorite Duck on the boards because I know you're serious. 2020 or 2021 is when you might actually be a threat. You're still bad.

I'm a doog, but I've always been somewhat of a realistic doog. When we sucked, I knew we sucked. We don't suck anymore. 2011 was the only time I predicted a UW win during the Duckade.
    Oregon isn't bad this year when healthy, but they are a couple injuries away at a few spots from being .500 at best. That's the fault of Sling. Willie's one class was surprisingly good as far as actual players. We will have to see how Mario's works out this fall.

Willie really was Sark. He was necessary because talent acquisition had to be priority one after Sling. I think Oregon got lucky with Mario because the recruting is still there and the schematics and S&C will actually be pretty solid across the board also.

Willie won't make it to year five at FSU. Dabo, Richt, and Mullen are going to fuck him up. They will all have loaded teams and can coach a little.
    It's hilarious how much you quooks were in denial about this last year when the rest of us were pointing out his Sarkish tendencies on a weekly basis.

No one was really denying it. The only real positives were he hired a pretty solid staff and the recruiting was where it needed to be. The rest was LIPO which is the same for now.

As much as Doogs hate to admit it, Sark was absolutely a net positive for UW. It Peterman would have taken over after Ty it would have taken him a decade to get things rolling if at all.
    Sark very nearly hit his ceiling in year one with Ty's recruits and only recruited marginally better than Ty. Both brought in a handful of 4* guys, mostly instate or lightly recruited, out of state guys, and both lucked into some surprise stars (Teo-Nesheim, Butler,Foster, Trufant). The only real separation on paper that favors Sark is the handful of 5* guys (KW, ASJ, Shaq) he lucked into or bought.

Sark inherited Locker, Kearse, Polk,Price, Ta'amu, Butler and Foster from Ty. Pete inherited a few more good players but a similarly thin roster full of gaping holes, QB being the most prominent but DB (remember our best receiver playing cornerback), OL and interior DL were nearly as bad. I also seem to recall our 5* safety/LB playing a lot of running back thanks to the loaded roster Petersen inherited.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

You guys sure like your comparisons. No one know his ceiling.
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    lawsandl said:

You guys sure like your comparisons. No one know his ceiling.
    it's "you guys" and not "we" now? i thought you were jacking off while pretending to be a UW fan? with 0 people believing you?

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Like we say.... no
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,047
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Guessing UW. Oregon has told him they don't have room.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Coker, DDY, Section14A, a Q.....

Do we still have room for Latu if we take Trice?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I've never seen a top-3 edit that didn't have the top school in the middle. At the same time, Wiltfong just crystal balled him to Notre Dame. Another win for UW over Notre Dame coming up?