Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Zuckerberg personally decides Alex Jones/Info wars fate

13»

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Facebook cooperated with Merkel in silencing German opposition to her immigration policies. Police raid the homes of Facebook posters in Germany. Google is launching a censored search engine in China to help the government control info and oppress the people.

I do not like that they were cooperating with authorities in other countries. However, they must abide by the laws of the jurisdictions in which they operate. I think it would have been better for Google to continue to sit out the Chinese market.
    They've shown no qualms whatsoever about conspiring with communist and other authoritarian governments to advance their policies. It's all about the dollar. They would have worked with Hitler's Germany. They certainly wouldn't bat an eyelash about aiding and abetting a government that is hostile to freedom here.
    edited August 2018
    Orwell should be required reading in every high school. 1984 actually came true.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2018

Even creepier, these big tech companies all acted in unison, apparently together, to ban Alex Jones at the same time. Nothing to see here, move along...

Just like when all of Tiger’s sponsors dropped him around the same time. #Conspiracy
    Not the same. Tiger had a squeaky clean image and got punished when he made mistakes. Alex Jones has always been a lunatic. It's not like he suddenly changed course and went off the rails.
    Doesn’t the fact that he was able to be a lunatic for such a long time disprove your theory? People have been bitching about him for years. They’re not censoring speech. They’re doing damage control to protect their platforms from a bad actor hat violates their TOS and/or affects their user base, as is their right. Don’t like it? Use a different service. He’s still on twitter. He still has his own website.
    What is the story with this dude. I never heard of him until Trump got elected

Isn't he just a tin foil guy? How is he so widely known
    He’s widely known thanks to the reach of the aforementioned services that have recently banned him, among others.

Sandy Hook was his big break out, at least as far as I’ve known. Maybe he was around before that? At least 6 years+ before he got banned.
    So Alex Jones was so much of a danger that most people hadn’t heard of him until He was banned. But that’s Ok because Tommy doesn’t like him. I’ve heard his name before but never have listened or watched him. Obviously you have and are triggered to the point that you think it’s OK that platforms that paint themselves as being inclusive and non biased have banned him.

This, Tommy is why you and your ilk is much more dangerous to our freedoms than a crackpot like Alex Jones.

Because we know you’d be killing Facebook and YouTube now if Al Jazeera's Young Turks was blackballed by them.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Facebook cooperated with Merkel in silencing German opposition to her immigration policies. Police raid the homes of Facebook posters in Germany. Google is launching a censored search engine in China to help the government control info and oppress the people.

I do not like that they were cooperating with authorities in other countries. However, they must abide by the laws of the jurisdictions in which they operate. I think it would have been better for Google to continue to sit out the Chinese market.
    They've shown no qualms whatsoever about conspiring with communist and other authoritarian governments to advance their policies. It's all about the dollar. They would have worked with Hitler's Germany. They certainly wouldn't bat an eyelash about aiding and abetting a government that is hostile to freedom here.
    Online companies have to tweak the rules and features to do business in some countries in order to meet their laws. Otherwise, you don’t do business there. It’s pretty simple. I don’t love that they control the flow of info to the degree that they do, since they’ve been proven to take personal security not very seriously at all. But if Alex Jones is the hill you want to die on, I won’t stop you.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He was a 9-11 truther first. He was of value to the Bush Knew! idiots
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Even creepier, these big tech companies all acted in unison, apparently together, to ban Alex Jones at the same time. Nothing to see here, move along...

Just like when all of Tiger’s sponsors dropped him around the same time. #Conspiracy
    Not the same. Tiger had a squeaky clean image and got punished when he made mistakes. Alex Jones has always been a lunatic. It's not like he suddenly changed course and went off the rails.
    Doesn’t the fact that he was able to be a lunatic for such a long time disprove your theory? People have been bitching about him for years. They’re not censoring speech. They’re doing damage control to protect their platforms from a bad actor hat violates their TOS and/or affects their user base, as is their right. Don’t like it? Use a different service. He’s still on twitter. He still has his own website.

He’s widely known thanks to the reach of the aforementioned services that have recently banned him, among others.

Sandy Hook was his big break out, at least as far as I’ve known. Maybe he was around before that? At least 6 years+ before he got banned.
    Who gives a shit if the censorship came 6 years later. It's still censorship. How long before leftists start burning books in the streets?

They just yank them off the required reading lists in schools these days.
    These days?
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Faggots like obk listen and gobble up his bullshit because they're fucking retards.

salemcoog said:

So Alex Jones was so much of a danger that most people hadn’t heard of him until He was banned. But that’s Ok because Tommy doesn’t like him. I’ve heard his name before but never have listened or watched him. Obviously you have and are triggered to the point that you think it’s OK that platforms that paint themselves as being inclusive and non biased have banned him.

This, Tommy is why you and your ilk is much more dangerous to our freedoms than a crackpot like Alex Jones.

Because we know you’d be killing Facebook and YouTube now if Al Jazeera's Young Turks was blackballed by them.
    You mean like the freedom to grieve your dead kid in peace? Yeah, he’s took that from those parents by spreading his bullshit and sicking his idiot followers on those people. Or the freedom to run your business as you choose? I’m already on the record saying banning him is dumb. But if you expect me to cry over it like you, you’ll be disappointed. Stop acting like everything is a watershed moment for democracy you fucking drama queen.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

You mean like the freedom to grieve your dead kid in peace? Yeah, he’s took that from those parents by spreading his bullshit and sicking his idiot followers on those people. Or the freedom to run your business as you choose? I’m already on the record saying banning him is dumb. But if you expect me to cry over it like you, you’ll be disappointed. Stop acting like everything is a watershed moment for democracy you fucking drama queen.
    On the record that banning him is dumb???

Haven’t seen that here in this thread. Just a lot of defense of censoring by the 2 of the most widely viewed media platforms in the world.

Your dodge, deflect and minimize game is skrong though.
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Haven’t seen that here in this thread. Just a lot of defense of censoring by the 2 of the most widely viewed media platforms in the world.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Let the free market decide. These corporations can run their companies however the hell see fit, and consumers can hit them where it hurts if they don't like how they're run.

This is all just begging for @HeretoBeatmyChest to create a "completely uncensored" platform. The first six months will be glorious before #Access fucks us all again.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If they move from a platform to a news organization libel cones into play for the shit on the platform

Catch 22
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/49671/facebook-and-apple-remove-pages-and-podcasts-from-alex-jones-for-hate-speech-violations/p2

“That being said, banning him is dumb”

Game. Blouses.