Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A sobering thought for you doogs.

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
I’m hearing there are 35 future NFL players on this UW roster. Best they’ve ever looked. Deja vu?

I went back and listened to the 2017 TSIO season preview (#34). In a word, it was straight doogin’. Gonna run the table. “We’re so legit.” Nobody in the conference can compete. Stanford in particular can’t hang. Gonna have ten to twelve first team all-conference selections. “Elite” players at every position. Gonna make the CFB playoff as the #1 or #2 seed. (Except for Dennis, who to his credit picked the team would go Owen Twelve in ‘17.)

So I ask: Are the kids working harder than ever?

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2018
    TTJ said:

I’m hearing there are 35 future NFL players on this UW roster. Best they’ve ever looked. Deja vu?

I went back and listened to the 2017 TSIO season preview (#34). In a word, it was straight doogin’. Gonna run the table. “We’re so legit.” Nobody in the conference can compete. Stanford in particular can’t hang. Gonna have ten to twelve first team all-conference selections. “Elite” players at every position. Gonna make the CFB playoff as the #1 or #2 seed. (Except for Dennis, who to his credit picked the team would go Owen Twelve in ‘17.)

To be fair, that team should have beat ASU and Stanford by 10-13 and SC by by 3-6 and been in.

Penn State should have beat OSU and rolled MSU rather easily and been in.

Bama should have beat Auburn rather easily.

Some, if not many here have brought up the possibility of going 8-4 and losing faith in Pete.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

no shit

he also gets credit for the D and having a real fuckin program for once in our lives. major net positive. offensive staff failed.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

optimism last year was not unfounded and it took an absolutely breathtaking failure in OCing to lead to those ASU/SU losses

#defenestratesmith

i'm not on board with the 'i hated him here but will cheer for him at OS lol!' mantra, he can diaff and i hope oregon drops 80 on him. he rode pete for 6 fuckin years

Pete wasn't an innocent bystander. He endorsed every play of those losses
    It's Pete's offense, but no way he encourages Smith to take shot after shot down field without Ross and Adams and fucking retarded Browning running backwards 15 yards.

He gets the blame for letting it go on all season.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    TTJ said:

and then we? played rutgers.

very sobering game.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2018
    LOL I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure that was the only TSIO podcast I ever listened to and I distinctly remember dennis predicting a loss for every game.

He's clearly got some puppy in him.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We should go 15-0 every year
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    15-0 We better win it all this year because next year on its all Oregon
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TMacDawg said:

“Jake Browning is a surgeon on the football field. He can simply carve up a defense... A career 64% completion percentage and more than 9100 yards is impressive. He has also thrown for 78 touchdown passes. He is efficient and unselfish. If the game script needs him to throw for 400 yards, he can. If he needs to turn around and hand the ball off 35 times in a game, that’s not an issue for him either. There aren’t many quarterbacks in the country who I’d want on my team more than Browning.”

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/Ranking-BYUs-Opposing-Quarterbacks-in-2018-120602153/#120602153_11

He's got a lot of Ty Detmer in him
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

TTJ said:

and then we? played rutgers.

very sobering game.
    Fuck. I remember being so excited for that game, expecting Gaskin to put up 100+ in the first quarter and Jake to have 3 quick TD passes, Salcon would break off a 90 yard run, defense would be pushing them backwards.I had visions of a quick, efficient ass-ramming with the backups being in by halftime. Instead, it was a sloppy shit fest. The defense got run over and offense was slow and inconsistent.
    Auburn is going to curb stomp us if we come out slow like that